Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At the Game

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 07:17 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I went to the game with a feeling like I was going to a funeral.  But then the corpse sat up and said, "Hi, everybody!"  

I also thought it was going to be my last game and I would quit the Jags, because I was so disgusted with things.  Well, in the words of Michael Corleone, every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!  So I guess I'm back.  

I saw very few clowns.  I think I saw 3.  But obviously from pictures, there were a few others.  The good thing is, the failure of the clown effort might give Shad Khan the space he needs to fire Baalke.  Because now, it won't look like the fans pressured him into it.  

Early in the first quarter, there were some chants of "Fi yer Baal ke clap clap clapclapclap."  But when we started winning, everyone forgot about Baalke.  

I was very surprised at the number of fans that showed up for the game.  And we were really loud, too.  

And of course the best thing we were all hoping for: for Trevor to have a good game and not get injured.  Done.  Remember the preseason when Trevor said there is more to life than football and everyone freaked out?  I think that perspective has served him well, helping him to maintain an even keel in this incredibly weird season.  

Laviska Shenault needs to spend the offseason with the Jugs machine, catching 500 balls a day.  No way he can be a starter the way he drops passes.  

We played well, but obviously we are not as good as the Colts.  I think they just laid an egg.  They overlooked us.  I kept thinking they were going to wake up and start playing better, but they never did.   And now I read the Colts players and coaches saying they are in shock about the game yesterday.  Well, the game went on for 3 hours.  You'd think that after a half hour of getting dominated, they'd rouse themselves from their slumber and do what they had to do.  But we put them on the ground and never took our foot off their neck.  We never let up.  Dang.  Gives me a lot of hope for the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!