Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An Observation I’m Sure Many Have Made - Coaching cost us wins

For the reasons stated above, if there was a possibility of trading back for a good ransom, I would do it. I know it’s unlikely at this time, given how this draft appears to be shaking out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 06:09 PM by Eric1.)

(01-10-2022, 02:54 PM)icey14 Wrote: i think the gameplan that Meyer had made wasn't made for the NFL and the guys are not like they are in college you have to scheme guys open sometimes.  having Chark isnt a bad thing we know he is fast and he can catch.  laviska is the biggest issue we have.  he disappointed so many itmes this season, i don't know if he will make it to year 3 with us.

When they (our media) asked Meyer what he wanted/expected from the Offense and he responded with 250/250 (meaning 250 passing yards and 250 rushing yards per game), he told everybody right then that he had absolutely ZERO clue about the NFL game.

I mean most of us already knew that by how he handled Free Agency/the off season etc. but that response basically laid it out for everybody that dude was entirely lost.

(01-10-2022, 04:02 PM)icey14 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. It's called rub routes and natural pick plays. Green Bay, Dallas, Tampa, New England, Arizona, Kansas City, San Francisco, L.A... basically any efficient offense uses these in their schemes.

Meyer failed in establishing an identity on offense. Not sure if that's from lack of insight or installations on his part [sounded like it with him showing up late and leaving early] with his staff. Or, lack of overriding Bevell's decisions.

Hopefully Baalke and O'Brien work together and find a stronger supporting cast for Lawrence. I don't see Shenault as a problem. He's just not a number one receiver in the NFL.

However, Shenault could be better schemed. I bet in a better system he's more capable and could show off more of his RAC ability and toughness. Just need better players to help get him isolated at times or clear out some areas for him to work in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

did you just say Laviska was not a problem? he was the most of the problem.  again yesterday dropped 2 balls and 1 was a easy TD which would easily put it away.

meyer tried playing it like it was college redshirting guys and thinking guys are just going to blow by every DB.
Shenault was playing in a role he's not suited for. If he was properly schemed with adequate talent around him I think he's a lot more viable moving forward.

Too early to give up on a 2nd RD receiver. They need Chark back with another solid FA picked up and a promising rookie drafted at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The only game plan myer had , was how to hit on chicks