Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Monday

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 11:04 AM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

So thought it may be worth keeping an eye on who else will be HC hunting this year. So far ive seen 3 HC's fired.

Fangio- Broncos- went 7-10 with Bridgewater at QB, that doesnt seem too bad

Nagy- Bears- That ones been coming for weeks. GM gone too

Flores- Miami- Bit of a shocker, finished 9-8 and started 1-7 but went 8-1. Would be a solid DC for someone.

Zimmer- Vikings- He did a solid job there, could be a good pickup for someone. Also the GM is gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was a little surprised about flores too. The funny thing is the jags would love to have any of these coaches.

C'mon Shad! Add Baalke to the list. I know you don't WANT to, but you NEED to.

I think Flores is a good head coach. He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be mad if he ended up here.

(01-10-2022, 11:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I think Flores is a good head coach. He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be mad if he ended up here.

Agree.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-10-2022, 11:01 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So thought it may be worth keeping an eye on who else will be HC hunting this year. So far ive seen 3 HC's fired.

Flores- Miami- Bit of a shocker, finished 9-8 and started 1-7 but went 8-1. Would be a solid DC for someone.

Zimmer- Vikings- He did a solid job there, could be a good pickup for someone. Also the GM is gone.

Fangio...not a bad guy...but probably a better coordinator.  Some sentiment that Denver was not his fault.

Nagy-not a huge fan but he did make the playoffs twice for Chicago.

Flores-potentially a huge mistake firing him.  Unless the Fish end up with harbaughm the franchise could take a step back.  If the Jaguars end up with BOB and do not keep Cullen as DC, I would love to see Flores here.  If I were more open to a defensive head coach, I wouldn't mind Flores as our head guy.

Zimmer-to me a very solid head coach and defensive mind.  He would be one of my top choices if the Jaguars could use a defensive minded coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 05:38 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

Apparently, according to Dolphins message boards, the owner Ross has been trying to pry Harbaugh away from Michigan for some time now. Thier boards seem to think this firing means that Harbaugh consented and is on his way to Miami. They also hate thier GM, LOL.

https://finheaven.com/threads/flo-fired.370688/page-5
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I think Flores being fired is a mistake on Miami's part. I think Flores is a damn good coach. I am not convinced Harbaugh can do what he did again in San Francisco down in Miami.

I don't see any of these guys head coaching a team in 2022. I do see them instantly getting OC/DC positions though before it's all said and done. Especially where teams are going to be losing DC's and OC's to new HC positions in a few weeks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2022, 11:01 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So thought it may be worth keeping an eye on who else will be HC hunting this year. So far ive seen 3 HC's fired.

I'm somewhat surprised that the Vikings fired GM Rick Spielman. One thing the Vikings didn't lack was high end talented players.  Rick Spielman did a great job in draft day trades, often trading down and still ending up with the best player from the draft day trade.  Granted, Spielman had some big draft misses.  But his share of Home Runs was amongst the best in the NFL.  Any team looking for a GM should try to set up an interview with Rick Spielman ASAP.

Though I expected Mike Zimmer to be fired, I agree he would be a good pickup for someone.  Injuries went a very long way in the Vikings going 8-9 this season and 7-9 last season.  When Zimmer had his key Defensive pieces, his Defenses were a nightmare for many opposing QBs, with Matthew Stafford at or near the top of the list.

The Dolphins firing Brian Flores is shocking on this end.  The Dolphins finished the season 8-1.  This after a 10-6 season.

Flores is an instant hire

The problem with flores If you want to play devil's advocate is they started the season really bad and they lost to us the jags haha

(01-10-2022, 03:10 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The problem with flores If you want to play devil's advocate is they started the season really bad and they lost to us the jags haha

The early schedule included the Pats, Bucs, Bills x2, Raiders, Colts

He kept his players engaged and ready to go even with the awful start.

The Jags game I will give you, he did a poor job in that game. Every coach has blemishes

According to my Fins fan buddy, Flores apparently hadn't spoken to the GM for three weeks since they had an altercation and was no longer on speaking terms with Tua. Supposedly he was contributing to a pretty hostile work environment.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 03:36 PM by Mikey.)

(01-10-2022, 11:44 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I was a little surprised about flores too. The funny thing is the jags would love to have any of these coaches.

Uh......

/looks at Matt Nagy
//looks at Jag88
///looks back at Matt Nagy

no.

(01-10-2022, 12:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Fangio...not a bad guy...but probably a better coordinator.  Some sentiment that Denver was not his fault.

Flores-potentially a huge mistake firing him.  Unless the Fish end up with harbaughm the franchise could take a step back.  If the Jaguars end up with BOB and do not keep Cullen as DC, I would love to see Flores here.  If I were more open to a defensive head coach, I wouldn't mind Flores as our head guy.

Zimmer-to me a very solid head coach and defensive mind.  He would be one of my top choices if the Jaguars could use a defensive minded coach.

Zimmer sounds like he needs a year to refill the tank. He sounded spent in the postgame presser.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 03:41 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2022, 03:22 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 03:10 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The problem with flores If you want to play devil's advocate is they started the season really bad and they lost to us the jags haha

The early schedule included the Pats, Bucs, Bills x2, Raiders, Colts

He kept his players engaged and ready to go even with the awful start.

The Jags game I will give you, he did a poor job in that game. Every coach has blemishes

I was impressed with Flores in his rookie year in 2019.  I vaguely remember watching them late in the year that year and they were playing hard and inspired football and had nothing to play for.  I told my Dolphins fan friend that year that I thought they had the right guy.  I think they just fired the right guy too and don't read that as me endorsing his firing.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 03:56 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

As expected, the Lions and Offensive Coordinator Anthony Lynn agreed to go in different directions. Coach Lynn handled a very difficult situation with professionalism and is a class act. I wish him the best.

If Lynn decides to continue his NFL coaching career, the dual roles of Running Back Coach and Assistant Head Coach probably will be the roles he has in his next coaching opportunity. Running Game Coordinator is another possibility.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ordinator/

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/1...ordinator/

(01-10-2022, 03:32 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:44 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I was a little surprised about flores too. The funny thing is the jags would love to have any of these coaches.

Uh......

/looks at Matt Nagy
//looks at Jag88
///looks back at Matt Nagy

no.

(01-10-2022, 12:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Fangio...not a bad guy...but probably a better coordinator.  Some sentiment that Denver was not his fault.

Zimmer sounds like he needs a year to refill the tank. He sounded spent in the postgame presser.

Good observation. 

Mike Zimmer reminds me of Bill Parcells, who he's very close to after working as Parcells' Defensive Coordinator in Dallas.  Very intense, detailed, highly focused coach, would likely benefit from taking a year off from coaching.  That much more with Zimmer in his mid 60s.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 04:14 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please tell me the Colts are considering firing Frank Reich.

If they fired Reich, I would laugh my [BLEEP] off.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ank-reich/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please tell me the Colts are considering firing Frank Reich.

It's the type of decision that Robert Irsay would have made that led to the demise of the Baltimore Colts.

(01-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please tell me the Colts are considering firing Frank Reich.

Is Reich good? He's terrible at in game management. All of his fourth down attempts yesterday put the colts in a position of desperation.

Is he good at developing players? I've not seen him with a young QB still in need of development, just Luck, Rivers, and now Wentz.