Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some more good news - Etienne running and planning on being ready for camp

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 12:59 PM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

Several Jaguars were made available to the media toda, including RB Travis Etienne.

Etienne states he started running last week, and expects to be ready for training camp.

We;ll see if he has all of the explosiveness that made him a first round pick.

If he does, that's very good news.

Note: The Etienne portion is in part 2.

Here is part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgONHFiquU

and here is part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BawGh_Bk0w

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

meh, an unproven rookie, woohoo... good grief
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-10-2022, 01:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: meh, an unproven rookie, woohoo... good grief

Gotta agree.

I didn't consider him a positive when he was healthy. Just never saw "it" with him. Doubt the Linsfranc helped.

(01-10-2022, 01:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: meh, an unproven rookie, woohoo... good grief

Glad to see you are consistently negative in every aspect of life, and not just politics.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 01:29 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just hope he's able to showcase his quickness, explosiveness and lateral movement later on this year like he did at Clemson. I know that injury is brutal on most pure runners in general. He's young though. So, there's some hope.

I still think they need to pursue Arizona's Conner and Edmonds if they both end up hitting the market. Just too much going on right now with Etienne and Robinson on the mend. They cannot go into training camp expecting them to be ready to go and the injury concerns will always linger.

Should be looking at Michigan's Haskins, Alabama's Robinson and Georgia's White at RB too. Could be worth a 4th or 5th RD pick in April. Just to be safe. I like Armstead as well. Was good to see him back in action. I think they need to keep him around this summer.

They need to start modernizing as an offense and get a good RB committee going again like they did back in 2017. People forget how fun that group was to watch. Fournette, Ivory, Yeldon and Grant were quietly keeping that offense alive throughout that whole year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 01:32 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Disagree. 

1.  This is a team in need of a healthy, competent RB to take the burden of carrying the offense away from TL.  Robinson is hurt with a torn achilles suffered late in the season.  He may not be back until mid season, and even then may not be what he was pre injury.  If Etienne can't go, either, then either the team will have to spend FA money on a RB, or alternatively expend draft capital on a RB, which is something I don't think any body wants the team to do three years in a row, even if two of the three RBs were mid round picks. (Armstead, Etienne, and perhaps one in this draft if Etienne is unable to return.) Certainly if spending a first round pick on a RB is not a good thing and wasteful, spending a pick in three straight drafts/or three drafts in the last 4 years has to be even more wasteful.

2.  If this year demonstrated one thing, it's that this team lacked speed and explosiveness in a major way.  If Etienne is back from pre injury form, he adds another element to this offense.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 01:37 PM by Ronster.)

(01-10-2022, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Glad to see you are consistently negative in every aspect of life, and not just politics.

dude, shut up and quit pretending you know anything about me. If you think you know something based off of message board comments; then you are displaying an awful lot of ignorance. What a hypocrite, you are just like those other two trolls, just looking for ANY opportunity to be ugly, that is why they are on ignore, because they offer nothing to any conversation, sort of like THIS comment... good grief, get a life and get off my jock
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-10-2022, 01:36 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Glad to see you are consistently negative in every aspect of life, and not just politics.

dude, shut up and quit pretending you know anything about me. If you think you know something based off of message board comments; then you are displaying an awful lot of ignorance. What a hypocrite, you are just like those other two trolls, just looking for ANY opportunity to be ugly, that is why they are on ignore, because they offer nothing to any conversation, sort of like THIS comment... good grief, get a life and get off my jock

Thanks for confiming.

(01-10-2022, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 01:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: dude, shut up and quit pretending you know anything about me. If you think you know something based off of message board comments; then you are displaying an awful lot of ignorance. What a hypocrite, you are just like those other two trolls, just looking for ANY opportunity to be ugly, that is why they are on ignore, because they offer nothing to any conversation, sort of like THIS comment... good grief, get a life and get off my jock

Thanks for confiming.

what exactly am I "confiming". What is "confinming"? LOL.... Are you trying to spell confining?

(01-10-2022, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Glad to see you are consistently negative in every aspect of life, and not just politics.

Oh boo-hoo.  If you weren't such a dimwit...oh never mind.  What a wuss.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That's is good news you debbie downers.

(01-10-2022, 01:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 01:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: dude, shut up and quit pretending you know anything about me. If you think you know something based off of message board comments; then you are displaying an awful lot of ignorance. What a hypocrite, you are just like those other two trolls, just looking for ANY opportunity to be ugly, that is why they are on ignore, because they offer nothing to any conversation, sort of like THIS comment... good grief, get a life and get off my jock

Oh boo-hoo.  If you weren't such a dimwit...oh never mind.  What a wuss.
Waaaaaaah Someone said something about me on a message board and now my feelings are hurt! I MUST PUT THEM ON IGNOOOOOOOORE!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 02:21 PM by jaglou53.)

On a lighter note, we also got some good news today from Jawaan Taylor. When asked if he'd consider a move to the interior, he responded that "he's not a guard." With that important piece of news, he should be cut ASAP since he is certainly not a tackle either.

Sorry, I didn't notice a separate topic was dedicated to this. My thoughts remain the same.

(01-10-2022, 02:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: On a lighter note, we also got some good news today from Jawaan Taylor. When asked if he'd consider a move to the interior, he responded that "he's not a guard." With that important piece of news, he should be cut ASAP since he is certainly not a tackle either.

Sorry, I didn't notice a separate topic was dedicated to this. My thoughts remain the same.

Hahaha

(01-10-2022, 02:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: On a lighter note, we also got some good news today from Jawaan Taylor. When asked if he'd consider a move to the interior, he responded that "he's not a guard." With that important piece of news, he should be cut ASAP since he is certainly not a tackle either.

Laughing

Don’t thoughts and opinions shared on “message boards” provide some insight into a person’s belief system? GO JAGS!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 03:05 PM by Ronster.)

(01-10-2022, 02:54 PM)bobbycat Wrote:

Don’t thoughts and opinions shared on “message boards” provide some insight into a person’s belief system? GO JAGS!

Yes some, but to say I am negative about everything is grossly incorrect. I was trying to rebuke him while staying within the guidelines of the board. Oh and, GO JAGS, next year... lol

The only good news would be Trent Baalke is fired!

(01-10-2022, 01:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Gotta agree.

I didn't consider him a positive when he was healthy. Just never saw "it" with him. Doubt the Linsfranc helped.

I understand not wanting a rb in the first round but what the hell do you mean you didn't see "it" ? The man was as productive or more so than the guy we took at 1 lmao.

Definitely some Debbie Downers here on the forum.

I, for one, am excited to see ETN on the field next season. He can be that safety valve that Trevor needs to convert on the 3rd and short plays. If he can be half the player Ekeler is, I'll be happy.