Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Flores a good option?

The Dolphins do not have a ton of talent but he has back to back winning seasons to his credit.  Tua is average at best so it's pretty amazing what he has done with that team.   After losing to the bad news Jags the Fins ripped off 7 straight wins and pushed for a playoff spot.  They Also just beat the team that destroyed us with a 50 burger.  I think Miami made a huge mistake and Flores could be the coach we need.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would be better than we had. But why can’t we have nice things? Oh, Baalke is why, never mind.

I can just imagine listening to Khan talking to Flores . . .

KHAN - Hi, Brian? This is Shad Khan, owner of the Jaguars. I heard you're no longer working with the Dolphins and we're looking for a new head coach. Are you interested in talking? ... Ah, good, Yes, staying in Florida would be nice for you. No income tax or all that. Yeah, I was just talking to our GM Trent Baalke and he was saying you might be a good fit for our . . . Brian? Are you there? Trent, I think we got cut off.

BAALKE - Don't worry about Flores. I know a guy named O'Brien who just loves me . . . I mean, who just loves coaching. Let's give him a call.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Flores would be an ideal hire. I can't believe they fired him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2022, 10:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Flores would be an ideal hire. I can't believe they fired him.

Him and their GM didn't get along, that's why they fired him. Big time tension in that building were the reports. Sounds like a perfect hire for this [BLEEP] show, we need more possible tension in the building, what could go wrong.

(01-10-2022, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Flores would be an ideal hire. I can't believe they fired him.

Him and their GM didn't get along, that's why they fired him. Big time tension in that building were the reports. Sounds like a perfect hire for this [BLEEP] show, we need more possible tension in the building, what could go wrong.
Yeah. Wonder what it was over though. Probably the QB position.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah let's hire one of the two coaches who lost to urban meyer.

(01-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Him and their GM didn't get along, that's why they fired him. Big time tension in that building were the reports. Sounds like a perfect hire for this [BLEEP] show, we need more possible tension in the building, what could go wrong.

I read a report that said Flores created an environment so toxic that he hasn't been on speaking terms with Tua in almost a month. Sounds like exactly what we want for our prized franchise QB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2022, 11:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Wonder what it was over though. Probably the QB position.

I read a report that said Flores created an environment so toxic that he hasn't been on speaking terms with Tua in almost a month. Sounds like exactly what we want for our prized franchise QB.

It would make sense. The way hes handled Tua from the start has been one of the biggest head scratchers. Starting Fitz, then randomly benching him for Tua, only to then randomly bench Tua and start Fitz etc etc. 

I think it's pretty obvious Flores likely never wanted Tua from the start and that's where all of this started from. HC didn't want said QB, GM drafted said QB anyways and the flame was lit. Fast forward two years and here we are.

I also read that Flores is hard nosed and tough to get along with. Kinda his way, or the highway type of deal.

I no joke heard someone say that the tension in the front office felt a lot like it did in Houston when BoB was running it into the ground. Soooo thanks but no thanks.

Flores moves near the top of my list now. I want to know exactly what the atmosphere was, why it was created, and the details. This isn't comparable to Meyer because Meyer lost the players. From what I've read, Dolphins players are actually upset and surprised by this. This seems more of a HC/GM issue. And if it carried over to Tua then it was most likely that Flores didn't want Tua to begin with.

(01-11-2022, 12:28 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Flores moves near the top of my list now. I want to know exactly what the atmosphere was, why it was created, and the details. This isn't comparable to Meyer because Meyer lost the players. From what I've read, Dolphins players are actually upset and surprised by this. This seems more of a HC/GM issue. And if it carried over to Tua then it was most likely that Flores didn't want Tua to begin with.

This
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 09:32 AM by Mikey.)

(01-10-2022, 09:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The Dolphins do not have a ton of talent but he has back to back winning seasons to his credit.  Tua is average at best so it's pretty amazing what he has done with that team.   After losing to the bad news Jags the Fins ripped off 7 straight wins and pushed for a playoff spot.  They Also just beat the team that destroyed us with a 50 burger.  I think Miami made a huge mistake and Flores could be the coach we need.

....you know there's already a thread about coaching candidates AND black monday firiings, right?

He clashed with somebody there, either owner or GM, and may have gotten a blessing in disguise when they let him go.
I think if he wants a year or two out of the spotlight, he'd make a great DC somewhere. I'd like to know what the disharmony was in Miami before I start pounding the table to bring him here.

(01-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Him and their GM didn't get along, that's why they fired him. Big time tension in that building were the reports. Sounds like a perfect hire for this [BLEEP] show, we need more possible tension in the building, what could go wrong.

either that or "fire this coordinator/position coach or be fired"

I'm genuinely curious what the straw was to break the camel's back in this situation.

(01-10-2022, 11:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah let's hire one of the two coaches who lost to urban meyer.

I sure as [BLEEP] hope that is sarcasm, otherwise you've done your reputation a terrible disservice with this post.

(01-10-2022, 11:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Wonder what it was over though. Probably the QB position.

They were actively entertaining the Watson trade while Tua was there idk

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 02:57 PM by Charlie Sheen. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2022, 01:58 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I read a report that said Flores created an environment so toxic that he hasn't been on speaking terms with Tua in almost a month. Sounds like exactly what we want for our prized franchise QB.

They were actively entertaining the Watson trade while Tua was there idk

tbf, Watson is a much, much, MUCH better QB than Tua.

Part of me actually wonders if some of the disconnect with Tua was because Flores wanted Herbert and Ross wanted Tua.

Also pretty sure that Flores wanted Fitz to start and Ross overruled him.

Watson is in a bit of trouble, so his drama will not be cleared for a while. As far as the question, I continue to like an offensive minded head coach

(01-11-2022, 02:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Watson is in a bit of trouble, so his drama will not be cleared for a while.  As far as the question, I continue to like an offensive minded head coach

Would you turn down Mike Tomlin if the Steelers got rid of him for some reason? What about Pete Carroll?

(01-10-2022, 11:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah let's hire one of the two coaches who lost to urban meyer.

Let’s call the 10-7 Bills and let them know they have to fire their coach now… this is probably the worst take I’ve seen to not hire Flores. There may be merit to a poor locker room atmosphere it I’m sure some digging will reveal what was going on there. He’s my top hire imo, his players aren’t happy he’s gone. The guy can coach.

Sounds like we are getting BoB

(01-11-2022, 03:06 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Sounds like we are getting BoB

Where does it "sound like" that?