Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jameson Williams Injury

Watching the national title game and Williams' knee buckled on the field as a non-contact injury. He's getting carried off the field without putting any pressure on his injured side...

Hate to see it and hope it's not any major ligament damage... Had him as my number 1 receiver in this draft class too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 10:15 PM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

Probably an ACL. Could drop him to us in the second

Absolutely brutal for the kid. He was bound to be a top 10-15 pick.

(01-10-2022, 10:13 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Probably an ACL. Ocular drop him to us in the second

Baalke is salivating, as unfortunate as it is for Jameson.

If Baalke is still here it's a no doubter we take him if he's there 2-1

Baalke is licking his chops

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 10:24 PM by Caldrac.)

I would take him at 33. I would take Ross too for Lawrence in RD3.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Dammit!!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Hope it's not too serious. It's easy to see why so many potential high draft picks sit out bowl games.

It definitely didn’t look good when they showed it in slow motion. That sucks for the kid.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 11:34 PM by Jag149.)

Satan a class act not pressuring Mechie or Williams to play. Wow those words tasted bad...(Auburn Grad)
A new broom always sweeps clean.

It's like fate itself does not want us to have any speed at WR next year with Gallup, Godwin, and now Williams all blowing ACLs in the last month or so.

(01-10-2022, 10:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Hope it's not too serious. It's easy to see why so many potential high draft picks sit out bowl games.

They sit out meaningless bowl games, as they should.  But this was not a meaningless game.

(01-11-2022, 08:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 10:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Hope it's not too serious. It's easy to see why so many potential high draft picks sit out bowl games.

They sit out meaningless bowl games, as they should.  But this was not a meaningless game.

Agreed. I'd even hesitate to draft a guy from one of the final 4 teams who chooses to sit out. At the least, if 2 prospects are rated equal I'd always take the one who played in these games over the one who didn't.

(01-11-2022, 11:43 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 08:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: They sit out meaningless bowl games, as they should.  But this was not a meaningless game.

Agreed. I'd even hesitate to draft a guy from one of the final 4 teams who chooses to sit out. At the least, if 2 prospects are rated equal I'd always take the one who played in these games over the one who didn't.

Ja’Marr Chase sat out an entire season. I’d go for talent if two guys were there and one skipped a game or more. Nothing wrong with protecting number one.

Just saw that Williams tried to return to the game in the 2nd half.

https://rolltidewire.usatoday.com/2022/0...THG0csGfbU

Hopefully, the injury is not a torn ACL or MCL. Hopefully it's a sprain or something.

The thought of him having a serious injury that would require surgery and keep him out had me completely rethinking possible draft strategies.

(01-11-2022, 01:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just saw that Williams tried to return to the game in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, the injury is not a torn ACL or MCL.  Hopefully it's a sprain or something.

The thought of him having a serious injury that would require surgery and keep him out had me completely rethinking possible draft strategies.

In addition to what you mentioned ( very well said ) the major knee injuries that upcoming UFA WRs Chris Godwin and Michael Gallup suffered, have already lowered the # of high quality WR options for NFL teams.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 02:11 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2022, 01:30 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just saw that Williams tried to return to the game in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, the injury is not a torn ACL or MCL.  Hopefully it's a sprain or something.

In addition to what you mentioned ( very well said ) the major knee injuries that upcoming UFA WRs Chris Godwin and Michael Gallup suffered, have already lowered the # of high quality WR options for NFL teams.
Exactly.

At this point, if Williams has a torn ACL, I'm thinking the way for this team to adddress WR, if at all, is to explore a trade like Ridley or McLaurin like you said earlier.  Maybe if Seattle starts a full blown rebuild by getting rid of Carroll and Wilson, maybe they'll be willing to deal Metcalf to obtain draft capital. I'm thinking trade because I don't think anyone warrants a pick in the top ten at WR at this point, and there could easily be a run at the position in the late first round where guys like Bell and Dotson could come off the board before the Jaguars pick in round 2.

(01-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:30 PM)D6 Wrote: In addition to what you mentioned ( very well said ) the major knee injuries that upcoming UFA WRs Chris Godwin and Michael Gallup suffered, have already lowered the # of high quality WR options for NFL teams.
Exactly.

At this point, if Williams has a torn ACL, I'm thinking the way for this team to adddress WR, if at all, is to explore a trade like Ridley or McLaurin like you said earlier.  Maybe if Seattle starts a full blown rebuild by getting rid of Carroll and Wilson, maybe they'll be willing to deal Metcalf to obtain draft capital.

My guess is Seattle would be willing to trade DK Metcalf if they decide to rebuild in the manner you described.  

DK Metcalf is entering the final season of his rookie contract.  The 5th year option can't be used on Metcalf because he wasn't a 1st Round selection. With WR Kevin Lockett already on the Seahawks books with a lucrative contract,  an even greater investment in Metcalf in a rebuilding situation, is far from an ideal way to proceed.

(01-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:30 PM)D6 Wrote: In addition to what you mentioned ( very well said ) the major knee injuries that upcoming UFA WRs Chris Godwin and Michael Gallup suffered, have already lowered the # of high quality WR options for NFL teams.
Exactly.

At this point, if Williams has a torn ACL, I'm thinking the way for this team to adddress WR, if at all, is to explore a trade like Ridley or McLaurin like you said earlier.  Maybe if Seattle starts a full blown rebuild by getting rid of Carroll and Wilson, maybe they'll be willing to deal Metcalf to obtain draft capital.  I'm thinking trade because I don't think anyone warrants a pick in the top ten at WR at this point, and there could easily be a run at the position in the late first round where guys like Bell and Dotson could come off the board before the Jaguars pick in round 2.

Ehh. What about Pickens and Ross in rd 2 or 3. IF they show good at the combine of course.  Do you think Metchie falls to the 3rd? Still a number of options in the draft