Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jameson Williams Injury

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 03:04 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2022, 02:55 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Exactly.

At this point, if Williams has a torn ACL, I'm thinking the way for this team to adddress WR, if at all, is to explore a trade like Ridley or McLaurin like you said earlier.  Maybe if Seattle starts a full blown rebuild by getting rid of Carroll and Wilson, maybe they'll be willing to deal Metcalf to obtain draft capital.  I'm thinking trade because I don't think anyone warrants a pick in the top ten at WR at this point, and there could easily be a run at the position in the late first round where guys like Bell and Dotson could come off the board before the Jaguars pick in round 2.

Ehh. What about Pickens and Ross in rd 2 or 3. IF they show good at the combine of course.  Do you think Metchie falls to the 3rd? Still a number of options in the draft

Pickens looked good last night. 

But again, I could see a late rush on WRs.  Tennessee, Tampa, Green Bay, Dallas, Vegas and the Chargers could all take WR and all sit at the bottom of round 1. But I also do not trusst Baalke to identify, draft or develop a quality WR. He didn't do it in San Francisco.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2022, 10:15 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Baalke is licking his chops

He does that out of habit anyway.

Confirmed ACL. This changes a lot of things. I'd be surprised if he even declares now. He's not gonna get first round money anymore. If he stays, all the WR's get moved up a notch. It's just a mess.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 12:40 PM by D6.)

(01-11-2022, 03:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:55 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Ehh. What about Pickens and Ross in rd 2 or 3. IF they show good at the combine of course.  Do you think Metchie falls to the 3rd? Still a number of options in the draft

Pickens looked good last night. 

But again, I could see a late rush on WRs.  Tennessee, Tampa, Green Bay, Dallas, Vegas and the Chargers could all take WR and all sit at the bottom of round 1.  But I also do not trusst Baalke to identify, draft or develop a quality WR.  He didn't do it in San Francisco.

With the Lions having the LA Rams 1st Round Pick, I definitely can envision GM Brad Holmes drafting a WR with that pick or trading up from pick # 34 ( early Round 2 ) to draft a WR. One major incentive to trade up from the early part of Round 2 into the 1st Round is the team would then have 5th year option rights for the player.  

As a rookie, Amon-Ra St. Brown far exceeded his early 4th Round pick draft spot.  I believe the Lions will try to re-sign Josh Reynolds, who was claimed off waivers in early November and was a huge reason for the Lions substantial improvement in the passing game in the last 7 games.  Pairing St. Brown and Reynolds with a # 1 WR who pans out, would turn what was a highly problematic unit in the first half of the 2021 season into a team strength.

(01-12-2022, 01:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Confirmed ACL. This changes a lot of things. I'd be surprised if he even declares now. He's not gonna get first round money anymore. If he stays, all the WR's get moved up a notch. It's just a mess.

It's indeed a very unfortunate situation.  i certainly hope that Jameson Williams makes a full recovery.

I think Jameson could very easily still go in the 1st round. Jeffrey Simmons tore his ACL in February a couple of years back and still went 19th overall. I think something like that is very possible for Jameson too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 08:14 PM by ATLjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

They had Dr. George Bahri on earlier today on 1010. From a medical view, he said it appeared like a clear non-contact ACL for Jameson. He would envision a high probability of complete recovery in a timely fashion, given the non-contact nature of the incident and his elite physical condition. They speculated it would effect his draft positioning, but only slightly (also clarified as "a few spots"). I am guessing he drops back into the back half of round 1.

On a side note, about 6 years ago, my son had a similar non-contact ACL injury playing travel club soccer. He was back playing, without hesitation, in about 6-7 months. He actually wanted to start playing again at the 3-4 months mark, but we held him out to be more cautious.

I think he still goes in round 1.