Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Article about our Rookie Class

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/lawr...021-season

"Who knows what the 2021 season could have looked like if the Jaguars' coaching staff let the rookies hit the field and grow a bit more. The final 3-14 record likely wouldn't have changed much, but we could have seen even more examples of strong play from what now looks to be a solid class. Other than Trevor Lawrence and Tyson Campbell, the Jaguars' rookie class didn't see the field much until these final few weeks. But after Sunday's win, we can now at least know the Jaguars' 2021 class has some serious upside, at least when it comes to the first three rounds of picks. "

By John Shipley

Rookies Shine, Lawrence Displays Jaguars' Best Leverage: 5 Observations on the End of the 2021 Season

What did Sunday mean for the Jaguars moving forward? From Trevor Lawrence to strong play from the rest of the rookie class, here is what we believe it says about the future of the franc

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So Jordan Smith FINALLY played? Per ESPN he had a solo tackle in the Colts game. I didn't see the game, so I can't tell how he did. Anyone else SEE him, and did he actually look like a quality NFL player?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(01-11-2022, 10:59 AM)NCJag Wrote: So Jordan Smith FINALLY played? Per ESPN he had a solo tackle in the Colts game. I didn't see the game, so I can't tell how he did. Anyone else SEE him, and did he actually look like a quality NFL player?

I had no idea he was going to play, and I have no idea what his number is, so I didn't notice him.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 11:28 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't object to treating 2021 as a growth year and letting Walker Little and Cisco sit out to ensure 100% health for Urban's 2nd year as head coach but just freaking say it.  I hated all of the lies Urban tended to state or imply during his press conferences.  It all backfired on him anyway as he appeared to be rather clueless so the only thing to do is to look ahead.

Who knows, perhaps if they played a lot more one of them would have gotten hurt and we'd now be asking why the heck was Little (or Cisco) out there.

(01-11-2022, 11:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 10:59 AM)NCJag Wrote: So Jordan Smith FINALLY played? Per ESPN he had a solo tackle in the Colts game. I didn't see the game, so I can't tell how he did. Anyone else SEE him, and did he actually look like a quality NFL player?

I had no idea he was going to play, and I have no idea what his number is, so I didn't notice him.

He's #92.

Aside from, you know, actually playing, he didn't stand out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Stats show he had 1 tackle vs the Patriots and 0 versus the Colts.   I forgot he was on the team.

I hope Little and Cisco are starters with the new regime don't need any of this earn it bs

Lageman thinks Little should be starting at LT and that Robinson should be tagged and moved to RT. He thinks he's a better fit over there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2022, 11:39 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: I hope Little and Cisco are starters with the new regime don't need any of this earn it bs
I don't see anything at all that leads me to believe they won't be starters.

I think you can pencil Little into LT and Cisco into FS for a long time in Jacksonville.

I want Thibs at #1 but wouldn't be totally against Neal. Little and Neal as the bookends for Trevor would be nice.

(01-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lageman thinks Little should be starting at LT and that Robinson should be tagged and moved to RT. He thinks he's a better fit over there.

Heard him say that. Intriguing idea. Best part is it wipes Taylor out of the RT spot. Tag him with LT money and move him to RT? Bold move right there.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 11:52 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-11-2022, 11:47 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lageman thinks Little should be starting at LT and that Robinson should be tagged and moved to RT. He thinks he's a better fit over there.

Heard him say that. Intriguing idea. Best part is it wipes Taylor out of the RT spot. Tag him with LT money and move him to RT? Bold move right there.
I like it more than drafting Neal and breaking the bank for Armstead. If Taylor doesn't want to play G? [BLEEP] em". I put him on the trade block and get whatever I can out of him.

Looks like Norwell and Linder are potentially gone. I like Bartch and Shatley. They would need to try and land Linderbaum or Lindstrom in the draft though at C in my opinion.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yes, he went so far as to say Robinson would be one of the top right tackles in the NFL. At the least, I'd franchise Robinson for an extra year to see if that actually happens. So what if Khan overpays him based on being a right tackle. Fortunately they have the salary cap room and the offensive line is undoubtably a position which is a priority to help Lawrence moving forward,

The tougher decision will be whether to keep Linder. He has one year left on his contract and will make $10 million. However, the team takes no hit if they let him go. A healthy Linder is definitely worth that salary. Since he rarely plays an entire season, they'd need to keep Shatley or add another center through free agency or the draft who could adequately fill in when needed.

Robinson wouldn't be any better at RT, it's the same position now. He would be a significant upgrade over Taylor, but he wouldn't suddenly turn into a better player.

(01-11-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Robinson wouldn't be any better at RT, it's the same position now. He would be a significant upgrade over Taylor, but he wouldn't suddenly turn into a better player.

Maybe, but I don't like letting players go until we are sure we have a better player.

I would keep linder but have a good player drafted so he can be the next linder and he can come in when linder gets hurt like he always does.

(01-11-2022, 12:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Robinson wouldn't be any better at RT, it's the same position now. He would be a significant upgrade over Taylor, but he wouldn't suddenly turn into a better player.

Maybe, but I don't like letting players go until we are sure we have a better player.

Agreed. Goal should always be to avoid filling holes at positions that you could potentially avoid by moving a player or two around. Especially if said player is a former 2nd RD selection. 

I like the idea of Little and Robinson battling it out for LT. Loser of that battles goes to RT and pushes Taylor down the depth chart, onto the trading block or a serious conversation is had about him playing guard. 

I don't think drafting Neal is going to make as much as an impact. He's not the second coming of Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli. Would much rather have Hutchinson or Thibodeaux at that point to pair with Allen.

(01-11-2022, 11:47 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:

makes sense to me. 

I think there are 5 or 6 RTs in the league making north of 10 mil per year already. 

Bound to be more in the next round of contracts. So it's not super unconventional or anything by today's standards.

They should have moved Cam over there 2 years ago when he was coming off the ACL.  Instead, we drafted a guy who can ONLY play right tackle, and pretty much sucks at it.

To the initial topic, I do think the 2021 draft class could be a productive one....time will tell. Of the 9 picks, the first 5 picks appear to be starters going forward (Lawrence, Etienne, Campbell, Little, and Cisco). Tufele and Farrell look to be NFL capable backups. Smith was taken and acknowledged from day 1 to be a raw developmental guy, and we will get a better idea of his level of possible play this next season. The only selection that did not make the roster was 6th rounder Jalen Camp, but was picked up and remains on the Texan's practice squad.

This is why Lageman is on the radio and not in an NFL front office.

Cam is making $13.75 million and would get a 20% increase ($16.5 million) if we tag him 2x in a row.  So we'd essentially be demoting Cam to RT while paying him more than Taylor Lewan.  Here is a list of Offensive Linemen Contracts

https://overthecap.com/position/offensive-line/