Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Article about our Rookie Class

(01-11-2022, 11:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:47 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Heard him say that. Intriguing idea. Best part is it wipes Taylor out of the RT spot. Tag him with LT money and move him to RT? Bold move right there.
I like it more than drafting Neal and breaking the bank for Armstead. If Taylor doesn't want to play G? [BLEEP] em". I put him on the trade block and get whatever I can out of him.

Looks like Norwell and Linder are potentially gone. I like Bartch and Shatley. They would need to try and land Linderbaum or Lindstrom in the draft though at C in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Linderbaum would be awesome but he'll be gone long before we can draft him, unless we made him #1 pick. That'd be a stretch.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lageman thinks Little should be starting at LT and that Robinson should be tagged and moved to RT. He thinks he's a better fit over there.

I like the idea of tagging (or signing) Robinson and moving him to RT.  However, I think the team would have a very disgruntled player that would not want to play RT, seeing himself as a very capable LT.  I wouldn't want an expensive 1 year rental at RT.   Is the answer to keep Robinson at LT and have Little learn RT?  

I do hate the idea of just letting Robinson just walk for no value back to the team.  At minimum, I would like to see Robinson tagged and traded to another team if it is realistic.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 01:52 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-11-2022, 01:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lageman thinks Little should be starting at LT and that Robinson should be tagged and moved to RT. He thinks he's a better fit over there.

This is why Lageman is on the radio and not in an NFL front office.

Cam is making $13.75 million and would get a 20% increase ($16.5 million) if we tag him 2x in a row.  So we'd essentially be demoting Cam to RT while paying him more than Taylor Lewan.  Here is a list of Offensive Linemen Contracts

https://overthecap.com/position/offensive-line/

Contract washes out if Little is your guy at LT and he's being paid on a 2nd RD rookie contract. It's a lot cheaper than drafting yet another LT 1st overall and hoping he's the next Boselli or Munoz. Which he's not being touted as at this point in time. 

It's also more affordable than trying to sign Armstead to a big contract deal to play LT and replace Robinson. Not to mention you're using cap space and a draft pick to address two positions that could have been utilized elsewhere in an area of clearer need.

(01-11-2022, 01:39 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

I like the idea of tagging (or signing) Robinson and moving him to RT.  However, I think the team would have a very disgruntled player that would not want to play RT, seeing himself as a very capable LT.  I wouldn't want an expensive 1 year rental at RT.   Is the answer to keep Robinson at LT and have Little learn RT?  

I do hate the idea of just letting Robinson just walk for no value back to the team.  At minimum, I would like to see Robinson tagged and traded to another team if it is realistic.

I think he would be content getting premium money to play at RT. In the NFL you need a pair of viable T's anyways as most defenses have kept pushing more and mover over the years to put their more disruptive pass rushers on the LE anyway. 

I think you make Robinson and Little duke it out for LT. Loser battles Taylor for RT. Taylor then decides to be an [BLEEP], not play Guard, hurt his value as a lineman and play swing T for his final year. Or, he can play G or win his job outright. 

It's a win-win without having to piss away yet another draft pick or shell out big bucks to a new guy. Use those resources elsewhere. A good scheme could also go a long way in masking some of that unit's issues anyway.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Little in like 4 games already has two games under his belt better than any game Cam has had in 5 seasons. If for whatever reason we do keep Cam here he has to understand he's moving to RT. Little is our LT for the next decade.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 04:11 PM by Newton.)

In theory I like Lageman’s idea, but I would rather pay a real RT money on FA than take a chance at that price.

(01-11-2022, 02:31 PM)Upper Wrote: Little in like 4 games already has two games under his belt better than any game Cam has had in 5 seasons. If for whatever reason we do keep Cam here he has to understand he's moving to RT. Little is our LT for the next decade.

I think Little is the guy as well. He has dominated at times, and overall looked very good for a rookie LT.

(01-11-2022, 10:59 AM)NCJag Wrote: So Jordan Smith FINALLY played? Per ESPN he had a solo tackle in the Colts game. I didn't see the game, so I can't tell how he did. Anyone else SEE him, and did he actually look like a quality NFL player?

Pro Football Reference has him down for playing 20 snaps against the Pats and only 1 snap against the Colts. Which would make sense why I don't remember seeing him at all vs the Colts. Didn't really notice him during the Pats game either.

(01-11-2022, 11:47 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:

Heard him say that. Intriguing idea. Best part is it wipes Taylor out of the RT spot. Tag him with LT money and move him to RT? Bold move right there.

you can afford to do so while Little is on his rookie deal, and if it keeps TLaw off the turf, it's abso-freaking-lutely worth every dime.

(01-11-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Robinson wouldn't be any better at RT, it's the same position now. He would be a significant upgrade over Taylor, but he wouldn't suddenly turn into a better player.

so you'd be upset if our RT gave up one sack for the year?

okie doke. Cam absolutely would do well as an RT. He's more mauler than finesse, and he'll certainly fare better there than what we got the past two years.

(01-12-2022, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Robinson wouldn't be any better at RT, it's the same position now. He would be a significant upgrade over Taylor, but he wouldn't suddenly turn into a better player.

so you'd be upset if our RT gave up one sack for the year?

okie doke. Cam absolutely would do well as an RT. He's more mauler than finesse, and he'll certainly fare better there than what we got the past two years.

Little at LT and Cam at RT  >>>> Cam at LT and Taylor at RT

that's the bottom line

Can they do better than Cam at RT?  I'm sure there are avenues to that as well, but that ^ scenario wouldn't be so bad for Lawrence IMO.

(01-12-2022, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: Cam absolutely would do well as an RT. He's more mauler than finesse

I didn't say he would be worse, I said he wouldn't be better. Notable difference. There is no meaningful difference between LT and RT anymore.

(01-11-2022, 11:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:47 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Heard him say that. Intriguing idea. Best part is it wipes Taylor out of the RT spot. Tag him with LT money and move him to RT? Bold move right there.
I like it more than drafting Neal and breaking the bank for Armstead. If Taylor doesn't want to play G? [BLEEP] em". I put him on the trade block and get whatever I can out of him.

Looks like Norwell and Linder are potentially gone. I like Bartch and Shatley. They would need to try and land Linderbaum or Lindstrom in the draft though at C in my opinion.

I love these moves. Keep Robinson on as the RT knowing that if Little goes down Robinson can slide back over there in a pinch. Shatley is not a downgrade from Linder at this point, and he can stay on the field. I'm OK with cutting Norwell. Competition for Linder and Norwell's vacant spot can be found in the draft or free agency. If they don't have to break the bank for Armstead, save the big money for other free agents.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt