Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jaguars could have any player

Non-QB, who would you want

I would go with TJ Watt or Ramsey

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Aaron Donald or any of the top OTs with 4 years left in the tank.

(01-12-2022, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Aaron Donald or any of the top OTs with 4 years left in the tank.

That’s a good one too. Donald is a mammoth

Tj watt is a good choice. What a beast. Unbelievable player. How did the Steelers get so lucky?

Micah Parsons has been awesome this year for Dallas, and he's young. Nice to have a real disrupter on our defense. TJ Watt as well.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Mark Andrews. Premier TE who will turn 27 to start next season. We've been lacking any kind of talent let alone a playmaker at that position; im sure there are "better" players but I think finding a TE of this caliber will be incredibly difficult
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-12-2022, 10:46 AM)Firesky Wrote: Mark Andrews. Premier TE who will turn 27 to start next season. We've been lacking any kind of talent let alone a playmaker at that position; im sure there are "better" players but I think finding a TE of this caliber will be incredibly difficult

The crazy part is he wasn't supposed to be the "receiving TE". That was supposed to be Haden Hurst.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Offense: George Kittle
Defense: Aaron Donald
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 11:37 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

O linemen who can both run and pass block.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-12-2022, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Offense: George Kittle

Yeah, Kittle is a beast. He'd be awesome.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-12-2022, 09:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Non-QB, who would you want

I would go with TJ Watt or Ramsey

Jamarr Chase.

Young, already playing like a veteran at the top of his game, would be a perfect complement to Trevor. We saw it in the past, we wasted so many drafts trying to find a Jimmy Smith to pair with our early pick QB, get Chase and you've got a legit shot in nearly every game while you flesh out the rest of the roster.

Doesn't hurt that he's one of the few WR who hasn't succumbed to injury this season.

We did this not that long ago. I believe I said Myles Garrett then and I think that's still the right choice.

Donald is too old at this point. Watt would be another awesome choice but Garrett edges him barely in the pressures or pressure % categories so that should be slightly more sticky than Watt's elevated sack total.

Aaron Donald will be 31 by the time the 2022 season starts. He'll likely be on the downturn very soon.

TJ Watt is 27 and has a huge contract but he may be the best in the game.

Give me Jamar Chase (with Trevor) as he has 4 years left on a very cheap rookie contract. That connection could be deadly for the next 15 years. I'd also consider a young left tackle if there is an elite one on his rookie contract.

(01-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Offense: George Kittle

Yeah, Kittle is a beast. He'd be awesome.

All the more reason they need to be eyeing Trey McBride or Charlie Kolar at TE in this draft coming up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 01:16 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Aaron Donald or any of the top OTs with 4 years left in the tank.

I definitely respect where you are coming from, even when factoring in the age factor.

When watching the LA Rams comeback win in Baltimore, after seeing around half of the Rams games this season, a couple of opinion thoughts came to mind:

1. Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL by a significant margin.  This is taking position value out of the equation.  

2. Aaron Donald is the best Defensive Lineman in the NFL since Reggie White was in his prime. 

This past Sunday on the FOX-TV telecast between the 49ers and Rams, one of the announcers ( it was either Joe Buck or Troy Aikman ) mentioned that 49ers Coach Kyle Shanahan said to FOX crew that Aaron Donald is his # 1 opposition concern in the game.  IMHO, for good reason, even on a Rams team with many high end players, including Jalen Ramsey.

(01-12-2022, 01:06 PM)D6 Wrote:

I definitely respect where you are coming from, even when factoring in the age factor.

When watching the LA Rams comeback win in Baltimore, after seeing around half of the Rams games this season, a couple of opinion thoughts came to mind:

1. Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL by a significant margin.  This is taking position value out of the equation.  

2. Aaron Donald is the best Defensive Lineman in the NFL since Reggie White was in his prime. 

This past Sunday on the FOX-TV telecast between the 49ers and Rams, one of the announcers ( it was either Joe Buck or Troy Aikman ) mentioned that 49ers Coach Mike Shanahan said to FOX crew that Aaron Donald is his # 1 opposition concern in the game.  IMHO, for good reason, even on a Rams team with many high end players, including Jalen Ramsey.
If this draft works out like many speculate and the Jags end up with a highly rated pass rusher to work opposite Josh Allen, then this "one wish from a genie in a bottle" scenario yielded Donald - 

I think we'd see a "Sacksonville 2.0" scenario that eclipses the prior version.

Many great players already mentioned. Chase, Garrett and Parsons would likely be my top choices. Ramsay would be at the top of my list for players I would NOT want. Despite his immense talent, he is the type of guy who can be a cancer in the locker room when things aren't going well. Plus, I've seen enough from this jerk that would not enable me to cheer for him while wearing my favorite team's uniform. I wouldn't care if the Jaguars had no "saints" on their team. I just prefer they not have the Ramsay's, Talib's, Phillips' and Pac Man's of the world- to name a few.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 01:27 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 01:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:06 PM)D6 Wrote: I definitely respect where you are coming from, even when factoring in the age factor.

This past Sunday on the FOX-TV telecast between the 49ers and Rams, one of the announcers ( it was either Joe Buck or Troy Aikman ) mentioned that 49ers Coach Kyle Shanahan said to FOX crew that Aaron Donald is his # 1 opposition concern in the game.  IMHO, for good reason, even on a Rams team with many high end players, including Jalen Ramsey.
If this draft works out like many speculate and the Jags end up with a highly rated pass rusher to work opposite Josh Allen, then this "one wish from a genie in a bottle" scenario yielded Donald - 

I think we'd see a "Sacksonville 2.0" scenario that eclipses the prior version.

Through the Jaguars first 27 seasons in the NFL, the team's most dominant Defensive Front 7 player I recall in the Jaguars games I watched was Calais Campbell in the 2017 season.  

As impactful as Campbell and the overall Jaguars Defensive Line was that season, I agree with you that Aaron Donald, combined with Josh Allen & the 2022 pick # 1 selection, would even be more impactful than the original Sacksonville D-Line unit.

(01-12-2022, 01:21 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Many great players already mentioned. Chase, Garrett and Parsons would likely be my top choices. Ramsay would be at the top of my list for players I would NOT want. Despite his immense talent, he is the type of guy who can be a cancer in the locker room when things aren't going well. Plus, I've seen enough from this jerk that would not enable me to cheer for him while wearing my favorite team's uniform. I wouldn't care if the Jaguars had no "saints" on their team. I just prefer they not have the Ramsay's, Talib's, Phillips' and Pac Man's of the world- to name a few.

Oh yeah, Parsons would be my choice. My god what he did this year was insane.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 04:55 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

If I could cherry pick Ja'Marr Chase to pair with Trevor, that would be the one. He's only 21 and under a rookie contract also.