Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jaguars could have any player

Ja Marr Chase

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2022, 12:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Aaron Donald will be 31 by the time the 2022 season starts.    He'll likely be on the downturn very soon.

TJ Watt is 27 and has a huge contract but he may be the best in the game.

Give me Jamar Chase (with Trevor) as he has 4 years left on a very cheap rookie contract.  That connection could be deadly for the next 15 years.    I'd also consider a young left tackle if there is an elite one on his rookie contract.

You are a wise and insightful poster.
Keep up the good work!! Wink

If we're talking an elite player that would be a huge benefit to any team in the NFL, it's T.J. Watt.

If we're talking someone specific to the Jaguars that would help them the most, I go Justin Jefferson. This is quite frustrating though, since we could have had him. Many people on this board were actively campaigning for us to draft him.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 05:53 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 05:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we're talking an elite player that would be a huge benefit to any team in the NFL, it's T.J. Watt.

If we're talking someone specific to the Jaguars that would help them the most, I go Justin Jefferson. This is quite frustrating though, since we could have had him. Many people on this board were actively campaigning for us to draft him.

Yes. A lot of us were. Wirfs included. I think you were extremely high on him. I am convinced between Wirfs and Jefferson that there's a good chance Minshew ends up showing more consistency and this team is nowhere near in position of drafting Trevor Lawrence. You could debate/argue that they're looking at a different QB like Lance, Fields or Jones but it would have boiled down to a coaching change at that point. Which probably means Meyers isn't the guy and instead of talking about dysfunction all year we're talking about a better overall outlook going into this next season with a better record.

Still bothers me tremendously that Khan allowed Caldwell/Coughlin to trade away Ramsay and Ngakoue only to end up drafting "replacements" with those selections. It's infuriating.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Aww man, Jamar Chase is a world class WR. We’ve GOT to go out and draft us a Jamar Chase type player for Trevor.

I like the Andrews and Kittle picks as well at TE. It would be so refreshing if this team would actually cash in on a receiving TE. It’s been since the Kyle Brady days since we last pushed our chips in on a legit TE. And the only one we drafted high, was in 2006.

Aaron Donald teamed up with Josh Allen would be crazy good. Throw in the #1 pick and you’ve got the best DLine on the planet.

After seeing some of you guys posts, I would take Chase over anyone else in the league.

(01-12-2022, 09:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Non-QB, who would you want

I would go with TJ Watt or Ramsey

[BLEEP] Ramsey.

TJ Watt was my initial thought.

But factoring contracts, a player on a rookie deal would be great.

Give me Parsons, Chase, or Rashawn Slater and I'd be happy.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 11:25 PM by D6. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-12-2022, 05:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we're talking an elite player that would be a huge benefit to any team in the NFL, it's T.J. Watt.

After seeing your post,  a hypothetical trade came to mind that if it somehow happened would be amongst the most high end trades in a long time. 

The Vikings would send WR Justin Jefferson and DE/ Edge Player Danielle Hunter to the Jaguars for Pick # 1 and Pick # 33 in the Draft.

The incentive for the Vikings to make this trade is Danielle Hunter's contract, combined with their problematic salary cap situation.  Hunter has an over  $18 million roster bonus due in March and is coming off two season ending major injuries.  He would clearly have to pass a Jaguars physical for the trade to happen.  When relatively healthy,  Hunter is an elite edge player.  The Vikings would attempt to replace Hunter with pick #1 in the Draft.  

The incentive for the Jaguars to make this trade is they would acquire a top level WR, who is only entering the 3rd Year of his rookie contract. (Jefferson would be eligible for the 5th year option, as he was a 1st Round pick).  And an edge player who is a proven differential player at a premium position.

(01-12-2022, 11:23 PM)D6 Wrote:

After seeing your post,  a hypothetical trade came to mind that if it somehow happened would be amongst the most high end trades in a long time. 

The Vikings would send WR Justin Jefferson and DE/ Edge Player Danielle Hunter to the Jaguars for Pick # 1 and Pick # 33 in the Draft.

The incentive for the Vikings to make this trade is Danielle Hunter's contract, combined with their problematic salary cap situation.  Hunter has an over  $18 million roster bonus due in March and is coming off two season ending major injuries.  He would clearly have to pass a Jaguars physical for the trade to happen.  When relatively healthy,  Hunter is an elite edge player.  The Vikings would attempt to replace Hunter with pick #1 in the Draft.  

The incentive for the Jaguars to make this trade is they would acquire a top level WR, who is only entering the 3rd Year of his rookie contract. (Jefferson would be eligible for the 5th year option, as he was a 1st Round pick).  And an edge player who is a proven differential player at a premium position.

Done deal. That would be perfect for us.

TJ Watt / Chase

Assuming he's back 100%, Derrick Henry.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 09:52 AM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-13-2022, 12:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:23 PM)D6 Wrote: After seeing your post,  a hypothetical trade came to mind that if it somehow happened would be amongst the most high end trades in a long time. 

Done deal. That would be perfect for us.

My gut feeling is that the Jaguars would make this trade,  under the condition of Danielle Hunter passing his physical.

I'm less confident the Vikings would make the trade with a new GM coming in, even with the huge benefits this trade would provide the Vikings in their situation. 

If Rick Spielman was still the Vikings GM,  I believe the Vikings would make this trade. He was a bold WR.  Many, maybe even most GMs, would be reluctant to trade a player of Jefferson's caliber, who is only entering his 3rd season.  Rick Spielman traded high end WR Stefon Diggs and used the 1st Round Pick as part of the overall trade compensation to draft Justin Jefferson.