Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of GMs (continue GM discussion not GoT)

Any new stories about GM position?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. Missionary is still the position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-14-2022, 02:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No. Missionary is still the position.

Try the veal
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

the only thing i can think of if we are not keeping Trent, is when the New HC comes in he picking a GM and Khan has agreed as part of the Deal for new HC. otherwise, it will be Trent picking his new HC.

(01-14-2022, 02:17 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 02:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No. Missionary is still the position.

Try the veal

I prefer the wheelbarrow with a white dragon as the finisher.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we haven't had any news now it either means:

A. Khan is sticking with Baalke. Which means we're stuck with him at least 2 more years, with 2 more coaches. No way he fires him a year after fans wore clown outfits to demonstrate how much of a clown he was for keeping Baalke one year later.

or

B. HC brings in their own GM, mostly because nobody wants to work with Trent Baalke.

It's a matter of whether they find a good fit that will work with Baalke or not. At least that's how I see it. I don't have inside sources or anything. Just an opinion like anyone else.

(01-14-2022, 02:41 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: If we haven't had any news now it either means:

A. Khan is sticking with Baalke. Which means we're stuck with him at least 2 more years, with 2 more coaches. No way he fires him a year after fans wore clown outfits to demonstrate how much of a clown he was for keeping Baalke one year later.

or

B. HC brings in their own GM, mostly because nobody wants to work with Trent Baalke.

It's a matter of whether they find a good fit that will work with Baalke or not. At least that's how I see it. I don't have inside sources or anything. Just an opinion like anyone else.
Pretty sure at this point it's option B.

Just from reading all the tea leaves.

If we hang a pork chop around his neck can we get the family dog to play with Baalkie?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Baalke has been universally, nationally and locally panned and disliked now from various outlets and sources. I personally feel he'll be released and relieved of his duties if one of the current coaching candidates can present to Khan his inevitable replacement.

However, if Baalke stays. It's because it's classic Khan doing what classic Khan does. And that's him never establishing a firm and complete break up of any of his previous hires due to whatever reason. His own son was tweeted at about this with Baalke still being here and Jr's response was "I hear you" or "I am with you".

So, take it for a grain of salt I guess. It's 50/50 at this point. I beginning to think when it comes to sports though that he's just a lazy [BLEEP]. He doesn't want to go full tilt. He doesn't want to listen to the general consensus. He doesn't seem to want to hire anybody in a mirroring role to Lamping to take over the football operations outright.

Which is astounding. He should have an EVP of Football Operations by now that does the decision making for this franchise. That way, he can take less heat and apply more heat elsewhere when it comes to this franchise. Again, he was on the right track with Coughlin being in that role in 2017. It just went haywire because Coughlin is too old school.

He should try it again. EVP of Football Operations > General Manager > Head Coach.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 03:45 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, the way I look at it, if Khan is giving the new HC determination on whether Baalke stays, then that coach also reserves the right to put Baalke in his place if he chooses to retain him and Baalke starts up with his Machiavellian antics. That condition should be stated up front.

(01-14-2022, 03:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, the way I look at it, if Khan is giving the new HC determination on whether Baalke stays, then that coach also reserves the right to put Baalke in his place if he chooses to retain him and Baalke starts up with his Machiavellian antics. That condition should be stated up front.

I hope your correct. After thinking I believe Urban initially deferred to Baalkie early on as he had no pro experience.  Baalkie will push for someone he feels he can out politic or treat the same way.   That is why he is suggesting O'Brien and Byron. What he does not want is a strong willed experienced HC.  That was his MO the last 3 years at San Fran and why so many do not want to work with him.  Doing well in the pros is hard enough without dealing with that poop.

(01-15-2022, 08:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 03:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, the way I look at it, if Khan is giving the new HC determination on whether Baalke stays, then that coach also reserves the right to put Baalke in his place if he chooses to retain him and Baalke starts up with his Machiavellian antics. That condition should be stated up front.

I hope your correct. After thinking I believe Urban initially deferred to Baalkie early on as he had no pro experience.  Baalkie will push for someone he feels he can out politic or treat the same way.   That is why he is suggesting O'Brien and Byron. What he does not want is a strong willed experienced HC.  That was his MO the last 3 years at San Fran and why so many do not want to work with him.  Doing well in the pros is hard enough without dealing with that poop.

I don't get the impression that Byron will deal with his [BLEEP].

I think if BoB or Bevelle is hired then those are the guys Baalke thinks he can maneuver.

(01-15-2022, 09:22 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I hope your correct. After thinking I believe Urban initially deferred to Baalkie early on as he had no pro experience.  Baalkie will push for someone he feels he can out politic or treat the same way.   That is why he is suggesting O'Brien and Byron. What he does not want is a strong willed experienced HC.  That was his MO the last 3 years at San Fran and why so many do not want to work with him.  Doing well in the pros is hard enough without dealing with that poop.

I don't get the impression that Byron will deal with his [BLEEP].

I think if BoB or Bevelle is hired then those are the guys Baalke thinks he can maneuver.

According to a few sources BoB had an awful interview, which meshes with dilla saying BoB is a non issue.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-14-2022, 03:11 PM)Jag149 Wrote: If we hang a pork chop around his neck can we get the family dog to play with Baalkie?

I wouldn't do that to the dog.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-15-2022, 09:25 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:22 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I don't get the impression that Byron will deal with his [BLEEP].

According to a few sources BoB had an awful interview, which meshes with dilla saying BoB is a non issue.
The sources that reported his bad interview reported it three days before he actually interviewed, so ...

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 10:25 AM by Jag88.)

As much as everyone hates balkie, this draft class might turn out to be very nice when we look back in a couple more seasons. Either way, off with his head!

I guess he is staying...

Or we fire him after we hire the coach and some of the best GM candidates are gone! nice Khan!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-16-2022, 10:25 AM)Jag88 Wrote: As much as everyone hates balkie, this draft class might turn out to be very nice when we look back in a couple more seasons. Either way, off with his head!

That’s not the problem. It’s everyone on staff guarding themselves from a Baalke-inflicted back wound. It only serves to undermine morale and effectiveness.

(01-18-2022, 12:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 10:25 AM)Jag88 Wrote: As much as everyone hates balkie, this draft class might turn out to be very nice when we look back in a couple more seasons. Either way, off with his head!

That’s not the problem. It’s everyone on staff guarding themselves from a Baalke-inflicted back wound. It only serves to undermine morale and effectiveness.

This is correct. Also, it is tough to work if you have to keep your back to a wall one hand on your wallet and the other on rear-end....

(01-18-2022, 12:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

There's also the fact that he apparently ignores what the coaches want or need if the Cullen wanting Judon thing is true.