Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of GMs (continue GM discussion not GoT)

Little Fingered Whispered he wants to slay Baalke in Kings landing. Winter is here so times are desperate. Lets look into the fire and find a King that can lead us to victory. Ramsey was traded but Braun thinks he can Khan us a good find.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2022, 09:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Little Fingered Whispered he wants to slay Baalke in Kings landing.  Winter is here so times are desperate.  Lets look into the fire and find a King that can lead us to victory.  Ramsey was traded but Braun thinks he can Khan us a good find.

*slow clap*

(01-18-2022, 09:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Little Fingered Whispered he wants to slay Baalke in Kings landing.  Winter is here so times are desperate.  Lets look into the fire and find a King that can lead us to victory.  Ramsey was traded but Braun thinks he can Khan us a good find.

@that's it, you're on ignore.@

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 09:30 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here's an article by a person I am not familiar with, but who apparently is a contributor to a lot of well-known publications.  Take it for what it's worth. 

Rift could be growing as Jacksonville Jaguars narrow down head coach search

https://sportsnaut.com/jacksonville-jagu...ch-search/

The report from NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo points to Alabama offensive coordinator and former Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien being a candidate for the job. He recently interviewed with the brass and is seen as a favorite of the aforementioned Baalke. That’s where the rift starts.

Speaking on NFL Now earlier Tuesday, Garafolo noted that he’s “not getting the vibe” that O’Brien will be the choice to take over the Jaguars’ sinking ship despite him being a “favored candidate of Jaguars general manager Trent Baalke.”

This could very well clear some things up as it relates to the power struggle in Jacksonville. The owner and his son, chief football strategy officer Tony Khan, have the final decision. President Mark Lamping is also involved in the decision-making process.

That leaves Baalke in somewhat of a precarious position. Sure the Jags have opted to retain him (for now), but that seems to be in more of a figurehead role than anything else.

(01-19-2022, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's an article by a person I am not familiar with, but who apparently is a contributor to a lot of well-known publications.  Take it for what it's worth. 

Rift could be growing as Jacksonville Jaguars narrow down head coach search

https://sportsnaut.com/jacksonville-jagu...ch-search/

The report from NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo points to Alabama offensive coordinator and former Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien being a candidate for the job. He recently interviewed with the brass and is seen as a favorite of the aforementioned Baalke. That’s where the rift starts.

Speaking on NFL Now earlier Tuesday, Garafolo noted that he’s “not getting the vibe” that O’Brien will be the choice to take over the Jaguars’ sinking ship despite him being a “favored candidate of Jaguars general manager Trent Baalke.”

This could very well clear some things up as it relates to the power struggle in Jacksonville. The owner and his son, chief football strategy officer Tony Khan, have the final decision. President Mark Lamping is also involved in the decision-making process.

That leaves Baalke in somewhat of a precarious position. Sure the Jags have opted to retain him (for now), but that seems to be in more of a figurehead role than anything else.

This may be a perfect ploy.

Shad and TK set their mind on a coach, but ask Baalke to make his recommendation. If Baalke chooses someone other than their favorite, they boot him to the curb.

(01-19-2022, 02:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...19681?s=20

(shrug) So?

(01-19-2022, 03:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 02:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...19681?s=20

(shrug) So?
It means he's going with Eberflus more than likely. Hopefully Baalke is gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-19-2022, 03:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: (shrug) So?

That's weird timing if true, since the Bears just announced a second interview with Eberflus.

(01-19-2022, 03:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: (shrug) So?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hope not. Eberdufus would be an uninspiring hire. What is known about Dodds? Maybe this just means he didn't like the setup in Chicago and prefers the safer scenery in Indy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 03:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Rumors are the Raiders are interested in Dodd. The pairing of Dodds and Eberflus might not happen like teams wanted

It doesn't matter at this point. You can always count on Khan to somehow [BLEEP] this up anyway. He'll let a gold or silver finalist escape onto a different team and then settle for some clown that finished 5th or 6th.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-19-2022, 03:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It doesn't matter at this point. You can always count on Khan to somehow [BLEEP] this up anyway. He'll let a gold or silver finalist escape onto a different team and then settle for some clown that finished 5th or 6th.

I don't know what if "retaining" Baalke as they work the process keeps him from finding a landing spot at the end of this. That would be cold and appropriate.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-19-2022, 04:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It doesn't matter at this point. You can always count on Khan to somehow [BLEEP] this up anyway. He'll let a gold or silver finalist escape onto a different team and then settle for some clown that finished 5th or 6th.

I don't know what if "retaining" Baalke as they work the process keeps him from finding a landing spot at the end of this. That would be cold and appropriate.

When newly appointed GMs around the league are seeking to fill out their staff - Baalke could catch on as dir. of pro personnel or another such post. 

Also- 

There's a good list of candidates for Gm in this article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-i...r-jaguars/

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 06:20 PM by D6.)

(01-19-2022, 03:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are the Raiders are interested in Dodd.  The pairing of Dodds and Eberflus might not happen like teams wanted

If the past is an indication of the present, most GM and HC openings are going to be filled by next Tuesday.  When the first domino falls,  most ot the others will likely fall pretty quickly.

(01-19-2022, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't know what if "retaining" Baalke as they work the process keeps him from finding a landing spot at the end of this. That would be cold and appropriate.

When newly appointed GMs around the league are seeking to fill out their staff - Baalke could catch on as dir. of pro personnel or another such post. 

Also- 

Thanks!  Great reference list!

(01-19-2022, 06:19 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are the Raiders are interested in Dodd.  The pairing of Dodds and Eberflus might not happen like teams wanted

If the past is an indication of the present, most GM and HC openings are going to be filled by next Tuesday.  When the first domino falls,  most ot the others will likely fall pretty quickly.

(01-19-2022, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: When newly appointed GMs around the league are seeking to fill out their staff - Baalke could catch on as dir. of pro personnel or another such post. 

Also- 

I'm just afraid that Shad has dragged his feet too long on this.  We may be odd man out when this game of musical chairs is over.  With Trent being here viewed as a negative by a portion of the top candidates and Shad being seen as an inept owner, we may wind up having to settle for mediocre rather than good or great.  Then again, mediocre is still an improvement over this season.  But it doesn't inspire hope.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-19-2022, 06:23 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 06:19 PM)D6 Wrote: If the past is an indication of the present, most GM and HC openings are going to be filled by next Tuesday.  When the first domino falls,  most ot the others will likely fall pretty quickly.

I'm just afraid that Shad has dragged his feet too long on this.  We may be odd man out when this game of musical chairs is over.  With Trent being here viewed as a negative by a portion of the top candidates and Shad being seen as an inept owner, we may wind up having to settle for mediocre rather than good or great.  Then again, mediocre is still an improvement over this season.  But it doesn't inspire hope.

Trent's lack of stability track record by itself is a massive obstacle for the Jaguars.  I think most HC candidates would be very interested in the Jaguars HC if Trent Baalke was totally removed from the organization.  Even a lesser role for him would likely be problematic for some HC candidates.

(01-19-2022, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't know what if "retaining" Baalke as they work the process keeps him from finding a landing spot at the end of this. That would be cold and appropriate.

Also- 

Horitz, Borgonzi, McClay and Wooden were ideal in my opinion. All of that was based on the idea that Khan would hire someone from one of those teams though as a coach to come over in a packaged deal. Hortiz with Roman. Bieniemy with Borgonzi. Moore with McClay. Lombardi with Wooden. 

This whole situation with Baalke is just frustrating. It's [BLEEP] everything up.

https://youtu.be/961gkFw1gfY?list=RDCMUC...2PRn92Cxjg

Interesting insight on Baalke from a player who was under him in SF on a Minnesota Vikings podcast. Clearly doesn't like him lol. Baalke talk at 50:30.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(01-19-2022, 08:20 PM)Vino Wrote: https://youtu.be/961gkFw1gfY?list=RDCMUC...2PRn92Cxjg

Interesting insight on Baalke from a player who was under him in SF on a Minnesota Vikings podcast. Clearly doesn't like him lol. Baalke talk at 50:30.

Has there ever been any clear instances of anyone fully supporting the guy? Seems like he's almost universally disliked.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.