Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Chaisson officially a bust?

I am saying yes.  I have seen next to nothing on the field that suggest he will become a decent player.  Another 1st round bust for the Caldwell regime.  I believe the pick was part of the Ramsey trade that makes it hurt even worse.  I think it's time to throw in the towel because I have yet to see one flash.  Do you think he can become a decent player?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's not looking good for him so far.

He was a very raw player coming into the league. On the line. Standing. He has struggled with both. I would bring in competition. Can Myles Jack try outside in the 34? He plays best outside.

Like Myles Jack he's been a man without a position on this team. He's not a D-End in the 43 and he's not a Rush 'backer in the 34. If we're going to keep the 34 scheme we need 3 new linebackers this year; Wilson, Quarterman, and Allen are the only ones who really fit well in this scheme and for two of the three we could still use a talent upgrade.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You have him under contract for 2 more years, why would you throw in the towel. He hasn’t flashed a ton but sometimes players take longer to adjust to the NFL. Everyone just wants to cut and get rid of everyone who doesn’t produce instantly. He is not expensive and at the very least you give him another training camp,.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

He was drafted to be an impact pass rusher, yet he was so bad at it in both a 4-3 and 3-4 that they all but stopped using him as a pass rusher and only had him playing off ball LB.

If he's not a bust he is as close as you can possibly get so far.

Yes. He's a bust. At this point I am hoping they can try and mold him into a Shaq Thompson type player but it's doubtful.

I honestly didn't know who he was on draft night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-14-2022, 11:17 PM)Adub28 Wrote: You have him under contract for 2 more years, why would you throw in the towel. He hasn’t flashed a ton but sometimes players take longer to adjust to the NFL. Everyone just wants to cut and get rid of everyone who doesn’t produce instantly. He is not expensive and at the very least you give him another training camp,.

Too much patience is also bad. Shads patience with Caldwell and Bradley for example. He is eating up a roster spot while doing next to nothing. At some point you got to say he does not have it. 2 seasons and 0 flashes is just crazy bad.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Yes, he is a bust! I hated both of our first round picks when we made them and it still irritates me. Chaisson was nothing special in college and we wasted a first round pick on him and we wasted a first round pick on C.J. Henderson, because apparently we didn't even interview him to find out he was a headcase. Always interview players before you draft them. That's football 101. We also wasted a 2nd rounder on Sheanault. I wanted to draft OT Tristan Wirfs, WR Justin Jefferson and CB Jaylon Johnson.

Bro he's worse than Taven Bryan and that's saying a lot. The Ramsey trade as a whole was terrible.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 04:12 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, he is a bust! I hated both of our first round picks when we made them and it still irritates me. Chaisson was nothing special in college and we wasted a first round pick on him and we wasted a first round pick on C.J. Henderson, because apparently we didn't even interview him to find out he was a headcase. Always interview players before you draft them. That's football 101. We also wasted a 2nd rounder on Sheanault. I wanted to draft OT Tristan Wirfs, WR Justin Jefferson and CB Jaylon Johnson.

Henderson can actually be a good player. Hes just not right emotionally. That's very unfortunate. The jags could be in great shape right now with 3 bad Azz cbs if he would have worked out.

(01-15-2022, 02:50 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Bro he's worse than Taven Bryan and that's saying a lot. The Ramsey trade as a whole was terrible.

This guy was a dumb pick. The team needed offense at that time but they just added to a good defense. That being said, taven looked good this year. It's just a little too late

(01-14-2022, 11:17 PM)Adub28 Wrote: You have him under contract for 2 more years, why would you throw in the towel. He hasn’t flashed a ton but sometimes players take longer to adjust to the NFL. Everyone just wants to cut and get rid of everyone who doesn’t produce instantly. He is not expensive and at the very least you give him another training camp,.

Yeah, at this point just give him more time. This year is a big year for him to prove himself in year 3. At least he can be some depth. I watched him at lsu, and in suprised he hasn't done much but maybe with more talented players around him, it will help his game out.

Hes only 22. Give him a little more to time to work on his craft. Most likely will never live up to his draft position but I don't think the book is written on the guy yet.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 06:15 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-15-2022, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, he is a bust! I hated both of our first round picks when we made them and it still irritates me. Chaisson was nothing special in college and we wasted a first round pick on him and we wasted a first round pick on C.J. Henderson, because apparently we didn't even interview him to find out he was a headcase. Always interview players before you draft them. That's football 101. We also wasted a 2nd rounder on Sheanault. I wanted to draft OT Tristan Wirfs, WR Justin Jefferson and CB Jaylon Johnson.

Interesting. I was thinking Wirfs, Jefferson and then Antoine Winfield Jr. or Grant Delpit at S in RD2. 

I'll admit this. I didn't know a whole lot about Shenault leading up to the draft. However, I saw a highlight reel on Denzel Mims and thought he would be awesome in the NFL. Not, 2nd RD awesome, but, maybe 3rd to 4th RD awesome. He's not panned out at all for the Jets. 

I liked Darrell Taylor out of Tennessee that year at DE/OLB and you would have had the same, if not, more potential out of him than they got out of Chaisson so far. 

I also really liked Julian Blackmon at S and Leki Fotu out of Utah that year. Was also high on Harrison Bryant and Adam Trautman that year at TE. 

At the minimum though. You take Wirfs and Jefferson and you're looking at two pro-bowl caliber players on day one. Absolutely insane that they whiffed not once but twice that year.

(01-15-2022, 04:34 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes only 22. Give him a little more to time to work on his craft. Most likely will never live up to his draft position but I don't think the book is written on the guy yet.

He doesn't show enough in the limited opportunities he's had on the football field. I don't blame him. I blame the people in charge. They mismanaged two elite player's egos in Ramsey and Ngakoue and they have failed miserably in trying to recapture anything near as remotely as good as they were here. 

This team captured lightning in a bottle once and the man who lucked out with that didn't know how to keep a lid on it long enough to enjoy it. That's why him and Marrone should have been shown the door with Coughlin instead of giving them yet another year to [BLEEP] this franchise over some more.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 08:20 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

It would be so Jaguar-like to cut him loose and then watch him thrive on another team.

By the way, I'm chuckling at the use of the word "official."  What makes a person an "official" bust?  Is there going to be an announcement or something?

(01-15-2022, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It would be so Jaguar-like to cut him loose and then watch him thrive on another team.

By the way, I'm chuckling at the use of the word "official."  What makes a person an "official" bust?  Is there going to be an announcement or something?

LOL. That's pretty funny. I bet Urban Meyer would not hesitate making some type of announcement like this if he had the ability to do so. 

Luckily, I think most analysts on draft night or throughout the whole process in April will probably reference it at some point. 

"Yeah. Jacksonville is on the clock here. Not a lot of promising prospects here to warrant a trade. They could certainly use the help though off the edge. Hutchison or Thibodeaux wouldn't hurt either way depending on what you're looking for. They have been looking for a replacement for Campbell and Ngakoue. Chaisson hasn't really worked out".

Jags have two years to make their decision.

He’s a bust.

Harvey
Soward
Gabbert
Leftwich
Jones
Williams
Alualu
Henderson
Chaisson
Bryan

The list goes on..

Alualu isn't a bust. Just drafted too high.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 11:57 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 11:44 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Alualu isn't a bust. Just drafted too high.

I agree. He's had a nice, quite career in the NFL. He wasn't a monster off the edge coming out of California and nobody had him pegged to go that high. There was rumors about Miami interested in him after the draft. 

Still drives me crazy that they clearly needed an edge rusher going into that draft. I remember being high on Jason Pierre-Paul and Brandon Graham. Pretty sure I was clamoring on the board that year about one of them in particular. I was comparing Graham to Brackens. 

Not only was there crickets in my house that night. We all looked at each other like "What in the [BLEEP] just happened?". Gene Smith man. What an [BLEEP] hole!

That entire first round class of 2010 had some really, really good players though. Somehow the Jaguars managed to find one of the only few clunkers in that round. Sums up this team's history and luck in a nutshell. Suh, McCody, Trent Williams and Okung as well as Haden were off the board before Alualu.

However, they passed up on Anthony Davis, Brandon Graham, Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncey, Demaryius Thomas (RIP), Dez Bryant, Devin McCourty, etc.

I think that was the year New England used that 2nd RD pick to flip it into Rob Gronkowski as well after Gene Smith traded with New England the previous year to go up to get Derek Cox at CB.

Can pretty comfortably say Chaisson is a bust at this point more than likely. 2 full years of zero production.