Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Chaisson officially a bust?

There was concern during the offseason that this guy was not in the mix to be a starter. I am not counting on this guy doing much else than serving as a reminder that the Jaguars have a habit of not getting things right.
You're Welcome.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What qualifies for a bust? I see some people that are being called busts being vets in the league for about 6-10 years. If that is the case, I would happily be a bust.

(01-19-2022, 02:39 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: What qualifies for a bust?  I see some people that are being called busts being vets in the league for about 6-10 years.  If that is the case, I would happily be a bust.

exactly. Jamarcus was a bust. R. Jay was a bust. Alualu was an overdrafted player, but in no way can you call him a bust.

Chaisson at this point can be labeled a disappointment.

(01-19-2022, 02:39 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: What qualifies for a bust?  I see some people that are being called busts being vets in the league for about 6-10 years.  If that is the case, I would happily be a bust.

Drafted in the first round and has done next to nothing on the field in 2 years. 

That's a bust in my eyes.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The overwhelming majority of the sports world uses the term "bust" to define athletes who never make it to a second contract and extraordinarily underwhelm expectations.

A player like Chaisson who likely just turns out to be badly over-drafted is not a bust by the common definition.
(assuming he becomes productive enough to prolong his career after his rookie deal)

(01-19-2022, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The overwhelming majority of the sports world uses the term "bust" to define athletes who never make it to a second contract and extraordinarily underwhelm expectations.

A player like Chaisson who likely just turns out to be badly over-drafted is not a bust by the common definition.
(assuming he becomes productive enough to prolong his career after his rookie deal)

I do not believe he will become productive.  I have seen nothing to indicate that.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 08:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Tony Mandarich may be one of the biggest busts ever but played in the NFL for 6 years.

Think of it as significantly underachieving ones expectations.  As such, first round draft picks can be less talented than a 5th round pick but be able to stay in the league for 6-10 years on potential and minimal performance alone (getting chance after chance from various teams).

Chaisson may have simply been overdrafted like Tyson Alualu and Blake Bortles which makes their expectations vastly exceed the capabilities.   Chaisson should have just sent his game film vs Georgia to each of the GMs stating "I suck -- don't pick me in rounds 1 or 2"

(01-19-2022, 07:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The overwhelming majority of the sports world uses the term "bust" to define athletes who never make it to a second contract and extraordinarily underwhelm expectations.

I do not believe he will become productive.  I have seen nothing to indicate that.
Well, you've said similar about Trevor Lawrence, so you'll forgive me if i excuse your opinion as horse [BLEEP]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 11:04 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-19-2022, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 07:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I do not believe he will become productive.  I have seen nothing to indicate that.
Well, you've said similar about Trevor Lawrence, so you'll forgive me if i excuse your opinion as horse [BLEEP]

Make things up as trolls normally do. Again back to subject you have no argument Chaison being productive. He barely gets on the field and when he does he is invisible. Most games one cant even tell he played any snaps. 0 impact, 0 flashes.

(01-19-2022, 08:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Tony Mandarich may be one of the biggest busts ever but played in the NFL for 6 years.

Think of it as significantly underachieving ones expectations.  As such, first round draft picks can be less talented than a 5th round pick but be able to stay in the league for 6-10 years on potential and minimal performance alone (getting chance after chance from various teams).

Chaisson may have simply been overdrafted like Tyson Alualu and Blake Bortles which makes their expectations vastly exceed the capabilities.   Chaisson should have just sent his game film vs Georgia to each of the GMs stating "I suck -- don't pick me in rounds 1 or 2"

Tyson and Bortles would occasionally make plays. I remember like 2 plays Chassion has made in 2 years.

(01-19-2022, 11:02 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, you've said similar about Trevor Lawrence, so you'll forgive me if i excuse your opinion as horse [BLEEP]

Make things up as trolls normally do. Again back to subject you have no argument Chaison being productive. He barely gets on the field and when he does he is invisible. Most games one cant even tell he played any snaps. 0 impact, 0 flashes.

The [BLEEP] you talking about???

I'm not making up [BLEEP]

You've maligned Lawrence the same way you've maligned Chaisson. That's an undeniable fact. I can quote 30 of your posts supporting it and you know it. 

I NEVER attempted to make any argument whatsoever about Chaisson's production.  None. 
He hasn't done anything of note and I've made clear repeatedly he's a tweener with no visible sign of acclimating yet. 
I simply recognize the idea that he very well may catch on with the right coordinator as a scheme fit somewhere and not turn out to be a bust. 

Literally all I did was pronounce your contorted definition of the term "bust" as inaccurate based on the widely accepted definition. A definition you neither seem to comprehend nor subscribe to. Which places you on the outside, looking in on this topic. Hope you packed a sweater.

I feel like a bust can't be declared until after the player's rookie deal has expired or he is no longer on the team.  Otherwise, he could theoretically not be a bust.  You can say Chaisson looks like he will be a bust, but I don't think he's officially a bust until he's no longer on the team.

(01-19-2022, 11:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 11:02 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Make things up as trolls normally do. Again back to subject you have no argument Chaison being productive. He barely gets on the field and when he does he is invisible. Most games one cant even tell he played any snaps. 0 impact, 0 flashes.

The [BLEEP] you talking about???

You've maligned Lawrence the same way you've maligned Chaisson. That's an undeniable fact. I can quote 30 of your posts supporting it and you know it. 

I NEVER attempted to make any argument whatsoever about Chaisson's production.  None. 
He hasn't done anything of note and I've made clear repeatedly he's a tweener with no visible sign of acclimating yet. 
I simply recognize the idea that he very well may catch on with the right coordinator as a scheme fit somewhere and not turn out to be a bust. 

Literally all I did was pronounce your contorted definition of the term "bust" as inaccurate based on the widely accepted definition. A definition you neither seem to comprehend nor subscribe to. Which places you on the outside, looking in on this topic. Hope you packed a sweater.

Again making stuff up as trolls do. Quote one post where I called Lawrence a bust. You can't. 

Have I said he is starting to look like a bust yes but never declared him a bust. Keep making things up. Back to the block list. Another troll

(01-20-2022, 08:03 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 11:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The [BLEEP] you talking about???

Again making stuff up as trolls do. Quote one post where I called Lawrence a bust. You can't. 

Have I said he is starting to look like a bust yes but never declared him a bust. Keep making things up. Back to the block list. Another troll

Hilarious.  You can't make this stuff up.  'EVERYBODY on the board is a troll!!  Except me.  And that one other guy everyone gives crap to.'

lol

(01-20-2022, 10:07 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 08:03 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Again making stuff up as trolls do. Quote one post where I called Lawrence a bust. You can't. 

Hilarious.  You can't make this stuff up.  'EVERYBODY on the board is a troll!!  Except me.  And that one other guy everyone gives crap to.'

lol

Punching holes in flawed analysis or disproving inaccuracies = "making stuff up" I guess

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sucks. Jags could really use this guy to be a solid player.

(01-20-2022, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 10:07 AM)scottyg Wrote: Hilarious.  You can't make this stuff up.  'EVERYBODY on the board is a troll!!  Except me.  And that one other guy everyone gives crap to.'

lol

Punching holes in flawed analysis or disproving inaccuracies = "making stuff up" I guess

[Image: giphy.gif]

I think it's because you used big words.  Scary stuff.

Most certainly an over drafted garbage player. I don't know about 'bust' but he definitely deserves to be cut or traded this year....

(01-23-2022, 04:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Most certainly an over drafted garbage player. I don't know about 'bust' but he definitely deserves to be cut or traded this year....

Drafted in the 1st round and want him cut after 2 years.  How is that not a bust?