Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Chaisson officially a bust?

He’s certainly not looking great. However, is he a bust based on his draft position or a complete bust? He’s definitely not worth his pick position but he may still be a contender or good rotational player. He does however need to take a leap forward in 2022 to even be considered that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2022, 11:54 AM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: He’s certainly not looking great. However, is he a bust based on his draft position or a complete bust? He’s definitely not worth his pick position but he may still be a contender or good rotational player. He does however need to take a leap forward in 2022 to even be considered that.

He's been utterly useless so i'd say he's a bust regardless. Looks like a 7th round pick.

(01-15-2022, 06:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, he is a bust! I hated both of our first round picks when we made them and it still irritates me. Chaisson was nothing special in college and we wasted a first round pick on him and we wasted a first round pick on C.J. Henderson, because apparently we didn't even interview him to find out he was a headcase. Always interview players before you draft them. That's football 101. We also wasted a 2nd rounder on Sheanault. I wanted to draft OT Tristan Wirfs, WR Justin Jefferson and CB Jaylon Johnson.

Interesting. I was thinking Wirfs, Jefferson and then Antoine Winfield Jr. or Grant Delpit at S in RD2. 

I'll admit this. I didn't know a whole lot about Shenault leading up to the draft. However, I saw a highlight reel on Denzel Mims and thought he would be awesome in the NFL. Not, 2nd RD awesome, but, maybe 3rd to 4th RD awesome. He's not panned out at all for the Jets. 

I liked Darrell Taylor out of Tennessee that year at DE/OLB and you would have had the same, if not, more potential out of him than they got out of Chaisson so far. 

I also really liked Julian Blackmon at S and Leki Fotu out of Utah that year. Was also high on Harrison Bryant and Adam Trautman that year at TE. 

At the minimum though. You take Wirfs and Jefferson and you're looking at two pro-bowl caliber players on day one. Absolutely insane that they whiffed not once but twice that year.

(01-15-2022, 04:34 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes only 22. Give him a little more to time to work on his craft. Most likely will never live up to his draft position but I don't think the book is written on the guy yet.

He doesn't show enough in the limited opportunities he's had on the football field. I don't blame him. I blame the people in charge. They mismanaged two elite player's egos in Ramsey and Ngakoue and they have failed miserably in trying to recapture anything near as remotely as good as they were here. 

This team captured lightning in a bottle once and the man who lucked out with that didn't know how to keep a lid on it long enough to enjoy it. That's why him and Marrone should have been shown the door with Coughlin instead of giving them yet another year to [BLEEP] this franchise over some more.
That's exactly who I wanted lol.   Wirfs,JJ, and Winfield.  I didn't think Winfield was going to be there in the 2nd and when he was I just knew they couldn't pass on him

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 12:00 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 06:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, he is a bust! I hated both of our first round picks when we made them and it still irritates me. Chaisson was nothing special in college and we wasted a first round pick on him and we wasted a first round pick on C.J. Henderson, because apparently we didn't even interview him to find out he was a headcase. Always interview players before you draft them. That's football 101. We also wasted a 2nd rounder on Sheanault. I wanted to draft OT Tristan Wirfs, WR Justin Jefferson and CB Jaylon Johnson.

Interesting. I was thinking Wirfs, Jefferson and then Antoine Winfield Jr. or Grant Delpit at S in RD2. 

I'll admit this. I didn't know a whole lot about Shenault leading up to the draft. However, I saw a highlight reel on Denzel Mims and thought he would be awesome in the NFL. Not, 2nd RD awesome, but, maybe 3rd to 4th RD awesome. He's not panned out at all for the Jets. 

I liked Darrell Taylor out of Tennessee that year at DE/OLB and you would have had the same, if not, more potential out of him than they got out of Chaisson so far. 

I also really liked Julian Blackmon at S and Leki Fotu out of Utah that year. Was also high on Harrison Bryant and Adam Trautman that year at TE. 

At the minimum though. You take Wirfs and Jefferson and you're looking at two pro-bowl caliber players on day one. Absolutely insane that they whiffed not once but twice that year.

(01-15-2022, 04:34 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes only 22. Give him a little more to time to work on his craft. Most likely will never live up to his draft position but I don't think the book is written on the guy yet.

He doesn't show enough in the limited opportunities he's had on the football field. I don't blame him. I blame the people in charge. They mismanaged two elite player's egos in Ramsey and Ngakoue and they have failed miserably in trying to recapture anything near as remotely as good as they were here. 

This team captured lightning in a bottle once and the man who lucked out with that didn't know how to keep a lid on it long enough to enjoy it. That's why him and Marrone should have been shown the door with Coughlin instead of giving them yet another year to [BLEEP] this franchise over some more.

Couldn't agree more on Caldwell.  Dude got a big head and thought it was easy.  Not everyone on his chessboard can be a pawn if he wants to succeed.
Aside from mismanaging those guys, what kind of tool bag trades the reigning Walter Payton Man of the Year for a 5th round freaking draft pick??!?  He should have been canned 5 minutes later!  Even if Campbell had lost a step, being a step slower than an ALL-PRO is still pretty freaking good.
What I find most unforgivable about it though, is that if Campbell plays here a couple of more years, he's likely a shoe-in for the Ring of Honor.  Caldwell robbed Campbell, this city, this team and the fans of any chance at just a little bit of history in the middle of this barren 10+ year wasteland of nothingness.

On Chaisson, he played rush-backer at LSU in a 3-4 and was supposed to be a perfect fit with the scheme change. Not looking good at all so far.

(01-15-2022, 11:58 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. I was thinking Wirfs, Jefferson and then Antoine Winfield Jr. or Grant Delpit at S in RD2. 

Couldn't agree more on Caldwell.  Dude got a big head and thought it was easy.  Not everyone on his chessboard can be a pawn if he wants to succeed.
Aside from mismanaging those guys, what kind of tool bag trades the reigning Walter Payton Man of the Year for a 5th round freaking draft pick??!?  He should have been canned 5 minutes later!  Even if Campbell had lost a step, being a step slower than an ALL-PRO is still pretty freaking good.
What I find most unforgivable about it though, is that if Campbell plays here a couple of more years, he's likely a shoe-in for the Ring of Honor.  Caldwell robbed Campbell, this city, this team and the fans of any chance at just a little bit of history in the middle of this barren 10+ year wasteland of nothingness.

On Chaisson, he played rush-backer at LSU in a 3-4 and was supposed to be a perfect fit with the scheme change.  Not looking good at all so far.

Exactly. This team has a history of dishonoring honorable players though. Still bothers me the way the whole David Garrard situation unfolded in Jacksonville between Harris and Jack Del Rio going all in on Leftwich. Not to mention that Brunell still had a good year or two left in the tank. Which he proved ultimately after helping Gibbs take Washington back to the post season for the first time in a long time. So, they shipped Brunell off, shelved Garrard and drafted a QB that ultimately didn't pan out for them. 

Had they waited it out for just one year, or, had the foresight to realize that, "Hey, even if we stink it up in year one, which is completely forgivable, we're looking at a Manning, a kid with one hell of an arm with a southern draw up there at NC State, and, this even bigger kid with crazy mobility up in Miami, OH to draft in 2004". Missed on three hall of fame level QB's because you wanted to be splashy in year one. Major blunder. 

Didn't like Fred Taylor being let go as well. I think he was willing to take a pay cut and a backseat to MJD to remain in Jacksonville. They didn't consider it. They also should have held onto Marcedes Lewis.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 02:30 PM by Newton.)

95% chance he is a bust unfortunately. There is no safe position to draft in the first round. It’s always difficult to project players from college to NFL. That is why this draft, I just want us to draft someone who can truly be a blue chip player for us, no matter whether or not it’s the end, offense of line, or otherwise.

If he doesn't improve a good bit next year than yes

Chaisson definitely looks like a bust, but I don't cut him.  I like giving high draft picks every opportunity.  There's virtually no cost savings in letting him go.  He's what I call a "free raffle ticket".  No, you aren't likely to win, but there's little harm in hanging on to it.  You would hate to throw that ticket in the trash and then learn that you did actually have a winner.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 04:13 PM by SeldomRite.)

(01-15-2022, 03:04 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Chaisson definitely looks like a bust, but I don't cut him.  I like giving high draft picks every opportunity.  There's virtually no cost savings in letting him go.  He's what I call a "free raffle ticket".  No, you aren't likely to win, but there's little harm in hanging on to it.  You would hate to throw that ticket in the trash and then learn that you did actually have a winner.

You drop guys like him when you have someone better, or can manage to find a bigger sucker to give up picks for him.

Where's Baalke these days? The guy traded for Gabbert.

If you want a bust of Chaisson I am sure he can get one for you and stamp it official. Is he a bad player ? After the draft the selection round makes no difference to me. He is a player under a reasonable contract for the next 2 years. As mentioned before we have 2 years to decide what to do here. Singling out this player to discuss and label a bust, much less official bust is an exercise in futility. The player will be here next year and until someone is better he will be on the roster. That is unless you want to just off load him at a discount. I am sure you may be able to talk yourself into it. There was interest in him right before the trade deadline so sure you can get a cup of coffee for him then watch him flourish elsewhere. Then the same poster can begin another negative thread (has he ever began a different type?) touting how much a Jag move it was to let him go. After all isn't that what griefers do?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Chaisson being salvaged would likely require a DC that basically creates a hybrid position for him in his scheme or in a particular package.

He's such a 'tweener and he just hasn't shown any sign he'll begin to magically fit the mold of either obvious spot he's in between.

Probably a bust, but there's an outside chance for him. Not likely in Jax, but we'll see.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 07:06 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Chaisson's 2022 salary ($1.82m) is guaranteed, and there is still $3.63m of unamortized signing bonus. May as well hold on to the 22 year old and see if he develops at a spot. On a side note...if by chance he sticks on the roster for 2 more seasons (the end of his 4th year), and someone signs him in free agency, the Jags would possibly pick up a decent compensatory draft pick for him. I am guessing at this point it's better compensation than if you tried to trade him today.

Definitely hold on for 1 more year. We can revisit after year 3. It’s just not looking good so far.

(01-15-2022, 05:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: If you want a bust of Chaisson I am sure he can get one for you and stamp it official. Is he a bad player ?  After the draft the selection round makes no difference to me. He is a player under a reasonable contract for the next 2 years. As mentioned before we have 2 years to decide what to do here. Singling out this player to discuss and label a bust, much less official bust is an exercise in futility.  The player will be here next year and until someone is better he will be on the roster. That is  unless you want to just off load him at a discount. I am sure you may be able to talk yourself into it. There was interest in him right before the trade deadline so sure you can get a cup of coffee for him then watch him flourish elsewhere. Then the same poster can begin another negative thread (has he ever began a different type?) touting how much a Jag move it was to let him go. After all isn't that what griefers do?

Who are you and get off my jock! This is the second thread in a row your comment was more about attacking me while derailing the thread.

You knew what the thread was about but you clicked on it to cry about how negative it is. I got a good idea for you.  Don't click on my threads so I don't have to read about your belly aching.

There isn't a whole lot of positives to post about the team right now. Again if you want sunshine and rainbows click on other threads instead of derailing mine.

Adults are trying to talk football and not attack other users.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-15-2022, 09:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 05:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: If you want a bust of Chaisson I am sure he can get one for you and stamp it official. Is he a bad player ?  After the draft the selection round makes no difference to me. He is a player under a reasonable contract for the next 2 years. As mentioned before we have 2 years to decide what to do here. Singling out this player to discuss and label a bust, much less official bust is an exercise in futility.  The player will be here next year and until someone is better he will be on the roster. That is  unless you want to just off load him at a discount. I am sure you may be able to talk yourself into it. There was interest in him right before the trade deadline so sure you can get a cup of coffee for him then watch him flourish elsewhere. Then the same poster can begin another negative thread (has he ever began a different type?) touting how much a Jag move it was to let him go. After all isn't that what griefers do?

Who are you and get off my jock! This is the second thread in a row your comment was more about attacking me while derailing the thread.

You knew what the thread was about but you clicked on it to cry about how negative it is. I got a good idea for you.  Don't click on my threads so I don't have to read about your belly aching.

There isn't a whole lot of positives to post about the team right now. Again if you want sunshine and rainbows click on other threads instead of derailing mine.

Adults are trying to talk football and not attack other users.

Poor baby.  So soft.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-15-2022, 07:00 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Chaisson's 2022 salary ($1.82m) is guaranteed, and there is still $3.63m of unamortized signing bonus.  May as well hold on to the 22 year old and see if he develops at a spot.  On a side note...if by chance he sticks on the roster for 2 more seasons (the end of his 4th year), and someone signs him in free agency, the Jags would possibly pick up a decent compensatory draft pick for him.  I am guessing at this point it's better compensation than if you tried to trade him today.

Great post. I feel exactly the same.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 01:47 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 10:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s a bust.

Harvey
Soward
Gabbert
Leftwich
Jones
Williams
Alualu
Henderson
Chaisson
Bryan

The list goes on..

Blackmon.
Just as much of a bust from alcohol dependency as Henderson was from mental illness (or whatever). Both careers here were derailed.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

He better go from bust to beast!

I thought he had a few decent, not great, games in his rookie season after Josh Allen got injured, and hoped he would take another step this season, but that did not happen. Calling him a bust after two seasons might be premature, but he must perform next season.

(01-16-2022, 01:42 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 10:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s a bust.

Harvey
Soward
Gabbert
Leftwich
Jones
Williams
Alualu
Henderson
Chaisson
Bryan

The list goes on..

Blackmon.
Just as much of a bust from alcohol dependency as Henderson was from mental illness (or whatever). Both careers here were derailed.
Blackmon hurt me the most out of all our busts.  He wasn't a bust because the talent wasn't there, he just had some substance abuse problems.  Dude had HOF talent and I was hoping we would trade up for him so bad and we did.  That 236 yard game as a rookie should exactly what he was capable of