Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags free agents. Who do you want back?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/gallery...-robinson/

My picks:

Shatley
Gotsis
Chark depending on money 
Richardson 
Treadwell 
Oshag
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I place the franchise tag on Cam Robinson one more year, because this is a very weak OT class in the draft and we're almost certainly not gonna be able to sign one of the better free agent OT's after the disastrous season we just had. Cam Robinson may be our best option at this rate, so we cannot afford to lose him this season. We'll just see what happens and hopefully 2023 will be a better OT draft class. For now, we can roll with Robinson and Little as our starting OT's. At least by moving Jawaan Taylor out of the starting RT position, it creates an immediate upgrade and we can work on upgrading the interior.

I'd like to re-sign Shatley, but at a modest price. He is a pretty decent backup Center.

Re-signing D.J. Chark is a priority. I'm gonna try to add a decent free agent WR, but we're certainly not gonna attract a star. I'd also use multiple draft picks on WR's. With that said, I still want to keep Chark. He was by far, our most reliable WR, until he got hurt.

That's pretty much all I want. The rest can kick rocks.

There is a 2022 free agents thread in the league forum. It includes these players.

(I'd make offers to Chark, Cam (highly paid RT), and Treadwell)

(01-16-2022, 08:24 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/gallery...-robinson/

My picks:

Shatley
Gotsis
Chark depending on money 
Richardson 
Treadwell 
Oshag
Pretty much the same list + Cam Robinson though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 09:34 PM by Newton.)

How do we feel about a 4-5 year deal for Cam Robinson that is relatively high money, but with a caveat that there will be a competition for left tackle?

I like little as LT

(01-16-2022, 09:34 PM)Newton Wrote: How do we feel about a 4-5 year deal for Cam Robinson that is relatively high money, but with a caveat that there will be a competition for left tackle?

I like little as LT

I'd just make him one of the top 10 (maybe top 12)  paid RTs in the league and put in incentives if he ends up playing more than 50% of the snaps at LT each year. That way, if he beats out Little or fills in due to injury, he's paid accordingly. 

Plenty of RTs making 10mil per year and up nowadays

Cam's reputation far outpaces his actual abilities based on what most of the experts think. Cam is probably going to top 15M AAV if he hits the open market, which is ridiculous for a guy with 4 awful and 1 almost average season under his belt. No way in hell I'm giving him anything near that.

I will, however, overpay him for 1 year on the franchise tag again to upgrade RT over Jawaan while we let a RT we draft with one of our third rounders develop for a year.

(01-16-2022, 09:34 PM)Newton Wrote: How do we feel about a 4-5 year deal for Cam Robinson that is relatively high money, but with a caveat that there will be a competition for left tackle?

I like little as LT

No, because he isn't worth it. He just isn't the LT and I'm only willing to give him one more year at LT pay and then at that point he either moves to RT money or he moves on.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 07:38 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

I honestly don’t want none of them. I’d rather have all undrafted rookies.

The only one I would consider is Cam.

Okay i'm just going to ask.. Why the hell would you want Oshag back? Outside of maybe Shenault that man has probably dropped more passes than anyone else.

(01-17-2022, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay i'm just going to ask.. Why the hell would you want Oshag back? Outside of maybe Shenault that man has probably dropped more passes than anyone else.

There is zero reason to bring him back.

He was never anything special, has accrued multiple injuries, and now has recorded a bad streak of dropped passes to boot.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 01:00 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-17-2022, 12:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay i'm just going to ask.. Why the hell would you want Oshag back? Outside of maybe Shenault that man has probably dropped more passes than anyone else.

There is zero reason to bring him back.

He was never anything special, has accrued multiple injuries, and now has recorded a bad streak of dropped passes to boot.

10000% agree. He was one of the worst players on our team

(01-17-2022, 12:17 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I honestly don’t want none of them. I’d rather have all I drafted rookies.

The only one I would consider is Cam.

Disagree, I like Gotsis and Treadwell (mainly because he seems to have some chemistry with Trevor). Chark to me has never been a #1 guy but he is better than the others around him.. if he comes cheap keepem but if they plan to pay him as a #1 and not sign anyone in free agency that would be a horrible mistake.

I like little as LT

No long term deal. Robinson is just a band aid until we can find someone better. I don't want to commit to a serviceable player, long term.

He has made some good plays too. A good 3rd option.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-17-2022, 03:02 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

He has made some good plays too. A good 3rd option.

If we were staying put with our current roster. I would take all 3 of Manhertz, Hollister and Arnold over Oshag if i'm being honest.

Shatley a great back up
Gotsis at low money
Chark needs to be signed
Jags need a lot of help at wr so cant really afford to play around here.
Cam yes. Make it work.

id resign Chark, Gotsis, Tredwell. Shatley is a good backup. and cam i would see what we could get him for. but it would only be for RT as little needs to be on the LT he is alot better than Cam. but Cam is much better than Taylor.

Taylor, and Tavon Bryan need to be cut. they both offter nothing.

(01-17-2022, 12:03 PM)icey14 Wrote: id resign  Chark, Gotsis, Tredwell.  Shatley is a good backup.  and cam i would see what we could get him for.  but it would only be for RT as little needs to be on the LT he is alot better than Cam. but Cam is much better than Taylor.

Taylor, and Tavon Bryan need to be cut. they both offter nothing.

Taylor is a penalty machine. He could draw flags sitting on the sidelines.

Treadwell is a nothing burger. If we do what we should do in FA/draft there is no way he should be on this team.

(01-17-2022, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Treadwell is a nothing burger. If we do what we should do in FA/draft there is no way he should be on this team.

With 9000 holes to fill on the roster, he’s a fine guy to have in camp on a cheap deal

You never know what that receiver group is going to look like in late august - and they may need someone like him as the fifth or sixth option at that point. Injury bug insurance if nothing else. 

He shouldn’t be figured prominently into any depth chart consideration, but if he’s down for a cheap and short term deal, I’d offer one