Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Head Coach Search: Jacksonville Reportedly Not Expected to Hire Bill O'Brien

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 05:44 PM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jaguars Head Coach Search: Jacksonville RThank God
Thank God

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dilla was saying this a week ago. I guess he knows what he is talking about.

O'Brien the coach is not bad

O'Brien the GM is Caldwell level horrendous.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-18-2022, 06:54 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Dilla was saying this a week ago.  I guess he knows what he is talking about.

O'Brien the GM is waaaaaaaaay worse than Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 07:03 PM by JagsorDie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2022, 06:55 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 06:54 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Dilla was saying this a week ago.  I guess he knows what he is talking about.

Borderline gene smith

Edit: ^^^ that guys name should be flagged in the profanity filter on this board

(01-18-2022, 06:55 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Caldwell not only made stupid trades but drafting so many first and second round bust.   At least the texans were competitive.   The Jags have had 1 winning season the entire Caldwell regime.  We weren't just bad but historically bad.  The main reason was lack of talent on the team.

In my eyes Caldwell maybe worse than Gene because Caldwell did it for so long.  The one winning season we had you could credit Tom more than Dave.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Damn it. That was my first choice.

O'Brien the coach is also not good.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 08:10 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12049875]

I got a bad feeling Bob is our next coach yuck
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

He would have been hired already. I believe jags are waiting for a coach still in the playoffs

(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 06:55 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: O'Brien the GM is waaaaaaaaay worse than Caldwell.

I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Caldwell not only made stupid trades but drafting so many first and second round bust.   At least the texans were competitive.   The Jags have had 1 winning season the entire Caldwell regime.  We weren't just bad but historically bad.  The main reason was lack of talent on the team.

In my eyes Caldwell maybe worse than Gene because Caldwell did it for so long.  The one winning season we had you could credit Tom more than Dave.

Yeah, I'm sure Coughlin being there all of one year made ALL the difference. Caldwell put together a defense that was pretty solid. The previous year Caldwell drafted Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey. You know, the year Coughlin wasn't here.

(01-19-2022, 12:41 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Yeah, I'm sure Coughlin being there all of one year made ALL the difference. Caldwell put together a defense that was pretty solid. The previous year Caldwell drafted Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey. You know, the year Coughlin wasn't here.

Yeah honestly if it werent for the front office running Yannick and Ramsey out of town that was a crazy draft. Unfortunately we were left with the worst of the 3 with Jack. 

For anyone wondering, Yannick recorded 10 sacks this year with the raiders.

I'm starting to think you don't understand the meaning of the word "horrendous".

(01-19-2022, 12:41 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

It's like mvp is living in bizarro world or something. Just completely opposite from reality. We were historically bad because the previous guy left the cupboards bare, charred, and held together with some dry-rotted twine.

So, reading the tea leaves, if Baalke pushed for O'Brien, and the Khans decided they don't want O'Brien, does that undermine Baalke's position somewhat? Or, alternatively, does it mean Baalke doesn't have the power or influence to push his own choice through? One can only hope.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 11:40 AM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-19-2022, 04:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 12:41 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure Coughlin being there all of one year made ALL the difference. Caldwell put together a defense that was pretty solid. The previous year Caldwell drafted Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey. You know, the year Coughlin wasn't here.

Yeah honestly if it werent for the front office running Yannick and Ramsey out of town that was a crazy draft. Unfortunately we were left with the worst of the 3 with Jack. 

Also for anyone wondering, Yannick finished with the worst pff grade among all qualifying edge players in the entire league.

(01-19-2022, 11:39 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah honestly if it werent for the front office running Yannick and Ramsey out of town that was a crazy draft. Unfortunately we were left with the worst of the 3 with Jack. 

Also for anyone wondering, Yannick finished with the worst pff grade among all qualifying edge players in the entire league.
Ouch

(01-19-2022, 04:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah honestly if it werent for the front office running Yannick and Ramsey out of town that was a crazy draft. Unfortunately we were left with the worst of the 3 with Jack. 

The same PFF report that grades Wingard better than Jordan Whitehead out of Tampa.  

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/s

Ngakoue was a more productive pass rusher than anyone on the 2021 jags roster. (36 pressures and 10 sacks)

His pff grade is skewed due to his run defense and because pff has a very nebulous grading system for several positions that allows them to assume players' assignments.

Same as always. Ngakoue is a good pass rusher but sucks against the run and was also [BLEEP] to get out.
You watch his games with the Ravens and Raiders and the guy is not in there in 60% of the defensive snaps
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23