Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Head Coach Search: Jacksonville Reportedly Not Expected to Hire Bill O'Brien

(01-19-2022, 12:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 11:39 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Also for anyone wondering, Yannick finished with the worst pff grade among all qualifying edge players in the entire league.

The same PFF report that grades Wingard better than Jordan Whitehead out of Tampa.  

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/s

Whitehead has a 75 grade and Wingard a 69

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wingard/49268

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jordan-whitehead/49196

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 06:55 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: O'Brien the GM is waaaaaaaaay worse than Caldwell.

I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Caldwell not only made stupid trades but drafting so many first and second round bust.   At least the texans were competitive.   The Jags have had 1 winning season the entire Caldwell regime.  We weren't just bad but historically bad.  The main reason was lack of talent on the team.

In my eyes Caldwell maybe worse than Gene because Caldwell did it for so long.  The one winning season we had you could credit Tom more than Dave.

This is false, I mean we got a king's ransom for Ramsey AND got something for Gabbert. His trades were good, his day 1 picks were not.

Should have made ramsey rott on the jags roster until his contract was up.

Good!

(01-19-2022, 02:26 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Caldwell not only made stupid trades but drafting so many first and second round bust.   At least the texans were competitive.   The Jags have had 1 winning season the entire Caldwell regime.  We weren't just bad but historically bad.  The main reason was lack of talent on the team.

In my eyes Caldwell maybe worse than Gene because Caldwell did it for so long.  The one winning season we had you could credit Tom more than Dave.

This is false, I mean we got a king's ransom for Ramsey AND got something for Gabbert. His trades were good, his day 1 picks were not.

Caldwell was a boss GM if you subtract his 1st round failures. If only Jags message board consensus could dictate the 1st round picks, combined with Caldwell scouting and picking the rest of the draft, handling trades, free agency, etc. Super Bowl!
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(01-19-2022, 02:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Should have made ramsey rott on the jags roster until his contract was up.

This may work in Madden, but in the real world it means the NFLPA doesn't even have to bother telling players not to sign with the team. They already know better than to do so.

(01-19-2022, 02:26 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I agree  the Hopkins grade was just insane.

Right.  Getting 2 first round picks was a win, considering Ramsey wanted out so bad.  Also, his rookie contract would have expired this year so we would have had to use the franchise tag on him in 2022 to retain him.  His departure essentially got us Trevor (since we sucked so bad) so hopefully it all works out.

(01-19-2022, 12:20 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Same as always. Ngakoue is a good pass rusher but sucks against the run and was also [BLEEP] to get out.
You watch his games with the Ravens and Raiders and the guy is not in there in 60% of the defensive snaps

Yannick only played less than 60% (49% week 1, 48% week 2 and 59% week 11) of the Defensive snaps in 3 games this year for the Raiders.

He played 70% or more snaps in 14 games this year.

I think it’s funny when people say they want the offensive coordinator of a team with Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers,
Ben Rothlisberger, Peyton Manning, etc.

As if they will just be able to create that same offense with a trash team.

(01-19-2022, 06:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 12:20 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Same as always. Ngakoue is a good pass rusher but sucks against the run and was also [BLEEP] to get out.
You watch his games with the Ravens and Raiders and the guy is not in there in 60% of the defensive snaps

Yannick only played less than 60% (49% week 1, 48% week 2 and 59% week 11) of the Defensive snaps in 3 games this year for the Raiders.

Ok, my bad, but also

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2020/  36% and 42% in his 2 playoff games with the Ravens

I didn't watch every game but in the ones I watched it didn't seem like he was playing much.
I did watch the Ravens playoffs games though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-19-2022, 08:44 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 06:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yannick only played less than 60% (49% week 1, 48% week 2 and 59% week 11) of the Defensive snaps in 3 games this year for the Raiders.

Ok, my bad, but also

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2020/  36% and 42% in his 2 playoff games with the Ravens

I didn't watch every game but in the ones I watched it didn't seem like he was playing much.
I did watch the Ravens playoffs games though.

Yea they really only used him as a DPR on the Ravens

BOB is a profane turd. Good riddance.

Haha. The wait continues.......

Coach will be decided via coin flip and magic 8 ball consultation

^^ 8 ball says you are correct my friend

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 01:42 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-19-2022, 07:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think it’s funny when people say they want the offensive coordinator of a team with Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers,
Ben Rothlisberger, Peyton Manning, etc.

As if they will just be able to create that same offense with a trash team.

Exactly why I'm against Bienemy and the Cincy offensive coordinator. I want to see success with multiple QBs. Hackett checks that box. Hackett had Bortles looking like a competent NFL QB against the Patriots and Steelers in the playoffs. Nothing he's done with Rodgers will ever compare. I'm on team Hackett, then Leftwich and Daboll. I think the fact that Leftwich was an NFL quarterback and clearly knows his stuff negates the lack of experience. He also worked with Carson Palmer and the legendary Blaine Gabbert, who won a game against the Jags under Leftwich.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt