Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF Week 1 Grades

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pac...rs-grades/

Quick points:

The good, Blake with a very good 81.3 and Beachum showing he is pretty much back to his old self with the highest grade on offense after Bortles.

The bad, the pass rush obviously...but more specifically Fowler 0 pressures on 30 pass rushes. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quick, take that down before people read it and see that Cyprien actually played well. It'll give half of this board aneurysms.

I tried to tell you guys that Cyp played decent.

Yes he missed Lacy. But overall, he played well. Led the team with 9 tackles.

Yeah I didn't think Cyp played bad at all. I think he failed miserably at tackling Lacy and that was huge, but the PI call on him was awful. He was covering the receiver perfectly and didn't deserve to get flagged. He's gotta find a way to make plays though, we're going on year four now and he needs to find a way to cause fumbles and blow up run plays.

Quote:I tried to tell you guys that Cyp played decent.

Yes he missed Lacy. But overall, he played well. Led the team with 9 tackles.
Agreed

Cyp outplayed Fowler. The problem on defense is clearly the lack of a pass rush

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 03:58 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

I expect our rush to improve vs QBs who aren't as good at manipulating the pocket like Rodgers.

Pass rush was glaring. Don't need a third party to tell me that.

I thought the pass rush could be okay..I think Fowler will come on later in the season. Rodgers is just amazingly good at moving away and pocket mobility. If it's like this next week, then hit the panic button
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Says Clay Matthews had the worst overall grade lol. Sometimes I question if they even watch the game. The guy was the best player on the field other than Rodgers. He was all over the field and gave us hell

Idk I'd say we contained Matthews very well actually I was expecting him to do a lot more against out O-line and come to think of it I never heard Julius Peppers name the entire game

Beachum is a boss. Clay tried a spin move on him but Beachum was a step ahead and pushed him to the ground. Really impressive.

Cyp didn't play bad, but he didn't make every play.  I think the telling thing is that it was clear that GB had identified him as their main target.  Wonder if other teams will follow suit.

Quote:Cyp didn't play bad, but he didn't make every play.  I think the telling thing is that it was clear that GB had identified him as their main target.  Wonder if other teams will follow suit.

Other teams don't have Aaron Rodgers. Cyp played "decent" against an all-time great QB and Superbowl contending team, I suppose he will play well against lesser teams/QBs.

Quote:Idk I'd say we contained Matthews very well actually I was expecting him to do a lot more against out O-line and come to think of it I never heard Julius Peppers name the entire game
Matthews didn't do much. He timed the snap once and got a play or two unblocked but didn't really beat any blocks.

Quote:Matthews didn't do much. He timed the snap once and got a play or two unblocked but didn't really beat any blocks.

I would like to see our players time the snap and blow past the blockers, making a play or two. Our issue on defense is we didn't have a single playmaker. Nobody stepped up on defense to make a big play, whether it be a strip, an interception, or even a freaking sack. We had some good backfield stops in the run game, but that alone isn't going to do it, especially not against the Packers.

Quote:I would like to see our players time the snap and blow past the blockers, making a play or two. Our issue on defense is we didn't have a single playmaker. Nobody stepped up on defense to make a big play, whether it be a strip, an interception, or even a freaking sack. We had some good backfield stops in the run game, but that alone isn't going to do it, especially not against the Packers.
Timing the snap has always been Matthew's bread and butter. Not many players have done it better than him this decade.

Chris Smith does it a fair bit, he's just nowhere near the level of player Clay Matthews is.

On your last point some of our guys stepped up, Prince was very good, Ramsey gave up 5 yards/1catch all game and against almost every quarterback in the league would have had a sack on a key third down. Telvin made some great stops too and we forced the Packers to punt more than they forced us to punt. We stopped them twice inside our own 10 which gave the offense great field position and we stopped them with plenty of time on the clock for the offense to go for the game winning drive.

I think people are being harsh on the defense just because we didn't get a bunch of sacks. We kept Rodgers under 200 yards, we didn't let the game get out of hand and gave the offense a chance to drive for the win. Olsen made a terrible call/Bortles made a terrible decision (I'm not sure which one decided to go for the screen) and that cost us in the end. 

That o-line had a strong showing yesterday. I really think the rush was solid, Rodgers just does that. He extends plays and eludes pressures. That what makes him so dominant. Other than having Miller and Ware out there, we were not going to stop him. I think the rush will get better as the season progresses.

This is a different grading system than the one that PFF used in past seasons.   What grade number is considered an average performance?  

Lol. Bench telvin. Am I right???

Quote:Says Clay Matthews had the worst overall grade lol. Sometimes I question if they even watch the game. The guy was the best player on the field other than Rodgers. He was all over the field and gave us hell

Last season,  they didn't grade Aaron Rodgers well in a game against the Chiefs in which he threw for 5 TDs.   Though PFF has some valuable content,   their grades are sometimes highly questionable as you described with the Clay Matthews assessment.