Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick 33

Who do yall like at 33?  Ideally i hope Dotons or London falls to 33 but i think both will be gone.  If one of the top WRs isnt there, Travon Walker i think is my top guy if he falls.  Just think if we added Thibs or Hutch and was able to get Walker.  Dude was a problem for teams this year and always stood out when I watched Georgia.  I think he has Cameron Heyward or Cameron Jordan potential.  Would love to get a guy like that to add to the defense and a 3-4 DE that's a difference maker with Allen and Thibs or Hutch coming off the edge

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:24 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2022, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who do yall like at 33?  Ideally i hope Dotons or London falls to 33 but i think both will be gone.  If one of the top WRs isnt there, Travon Walker i think is my top guy if he falls.  Just think if we added Thibs or Hutch and was able to get Walker.  Dude was a problem for teams this year and always stood out when I watched Georgia.  I think he has Cameron Heyward or Cameron Jordan potential.  Would love to get a guy like that to add to the defense and a 3-4 DE that's a difference maker with Allen and Thibs or Hutch coming off the edge

I don't see how London would fall that far. He should easily be the #1 or #2 WR off the board. He was on an unbelievable pace before getting injured and it was just a fractured ankle, which should heal 100% pretty quickly.

As far as who we draft at #33, I have no idea. It all depends on how the first round shakes out. I'd just take the top guy on my board.

I assume you're basically just saying if we can't go WR at 33, cause if those two are gone we could always go Pickens or something at 33 and be good.

If we go EDGE at 1 I think I would be most interested in the Raimann/Kinnard/Faalele trio to fix RT.

(01-21-2022, 11:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who do yall like at 33?  Ideally i hope Dotons or London falls to 33 but i think both will be gone.  If one of the top WRs isnt there, Travon Walker i think is my top guy if he falls.  Just think if we added Thibs or Hutch and was able to get Walker.  Dude was a problem for teams this year and always stood out when I watched Georgia.  I think he has Cameron Heyward or Cameron Jordan potential.  Would love to get a guy like that to add to the defense and a 3-4 DE that's a difference maker with Allen and Thibs or Hutch coming off the edge

I don't see how London would fall that far. He should easily be the #1 or #2 WR off the board. He was on an unbelievable pace before getting injured and it was just a fractured ankle, which should heal 100% pretty quickly.

As far as who we draft at #33, I have no idea. It all depends on how the first round shakes out. I'd just take the top guy on my board.
Read the 2nd sentence

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:30 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2022, 11:24 AM)Upper Wrote: I assume you're basically just saying if we can't go WR at 33, cause if those two are gone we could always go Pickens or something at 33 and be good.

If we go EDGE at 1 I think I would be most interested in the Raimann/Kinnard/Faalele trio to fix RT.

God no! Pickens isn't even in my top 10 receivers.

(01-21-2022, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see how London would fall that far. He should easily be the #1 or #2 WR off the board. He was on an unbelievable pace before getting injured and it was just a fractured ankle, which should heal 100% pretty quickly.

Read the 2nd sentence

I did. And........... my answer is the same. It's too early to tell.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-21-2022, 11:24 AM)Upper Wrote: I assume you're basically just saying if we can't go WR at 33, cause if those two are gone we could always go Pickens or something at 33 and be good.

I like Pickens but I wouldn't take him over Walker, I wouldn't take any of those RTs over Walker either

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:37 AM by Upper.)

(01-21-2022, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

God no! Pickens isn't even in my top 10 receivers.

It will depend on testing I don't have much feel for him right now, I've seen him in some peoples first roudns though. If Dotson is gone that means at least 6 maybe 7 WRs have gone so Pickens could be pretty far down the top 10 list and still be a worthy selection at 33.

(01-21-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I like Pickens but I wouldn't take him over Walker, I wouldn't take any of those RTs over Walker either

Walker is going to go top 20.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:42 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Outside of the first round, I would take David Bell, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Charleston Rambo, Jalen Nailor, Skyy Moore, Jaivon Heiligh and a hurt, John Metchie over Pickens.

(01-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: God no! Pickens isn't even in my top 10 receivers.

It will depend on testing I don't have much feel for him right now, I've seen him in some peoples first roudns though. If Dotson is gone that means at least 6 maybe 7 WRs have gone so Pickens could be pretty far down the top 10 list and still be a worthy selection at 33.

(01-21-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like Pickens but I wouldn't take him over Walker, I wouldn't take any of those RTs over Walker either

No way. He's way too inconsistent. He normally makes a good play during the game and disappears for the rest of it. He's made a name for himself, based on a handful of big catches.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:45 AM by Upper. Edited 2 times in total.)

If we're really asking what I would do at 33 though, I would trade up and get a WR once 5 of the big 6 are gone. It seems like there is a pretty big drop off after Dotson. I don't think it would take more than like a 4th rounder and one of our extra 5ths or something like that to move up to the mid 20s to get whichever one falls that far. I'd even give our 3rd from the Panthers and a 4th to move up even farther if it was enough to get Burks or Jameson.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:53 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: God no! Pickens isn't even in my top 10 receivers.

(01-21-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like Pickens but I wouldn't take him over Walker, I wouldn't take any of those RTs over Walker either

Possibly, you and olinematters say the same thing every year about guys and yall are wrong lol, no chance this guy or that guy will be there, and then they are sitting there at out pick. Last year we had this conversation about Barmore, you were saying he was going in the teens and no way he would be there at 25, Moehrig and Teven Jenkins, Rousseau went in the 2nd.  They were there with our 2nd round pick along with Moore  Nobody thought Metcalf and AJ Brown would fall to the 2nd,  Marquse Lee, A Rob, Adams all fell to the 2nd.   Not sure who it will be this year but players always fall to the 2nd that people think will go in the 1st and becomes a steal

(01-21-2022, 11:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Outside of the first round, I would take David Bell, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Charleston Rambo, Jalen Nailor, Skyy Moore, Jaivon Heiligh and a hurt, John Metchie over Pickens.

(01-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Upper Wrote: It will depend on testing I don't have much feel for him right now, I've seen him in some peoples first roudns though. If Dotson is gone that means at least 6 maybe 7 WRs have gone so Pickens could be pretty far down the top 10 list and still be a worthy selection at 33.

No way. He's way too inconsistent. He normally makes a good play during the game and disappears for the rest of it. He's made a name for himself, based on a handful of big catches.

All those over Pickens? Damn

(01-21-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Upper Wrote: It will depend on testing I don't have much feel for him right now, I've seen him in some peoples first roudns though. If Dotson is gone that means at least 6 maybe 7 WRs have gone so Pickens could be pretty far down the top 10 list and still be a worthy selection at 33.

Possibly, you and olinematters say the same thing every year about guys and yall are wrong lol, no chance this guy or that guy will be there, and then they are sitting there at out pick. Last year we had this conversation about Barmore, you were saying he was going in the teens and no way he would be there at 25, Moehrig and Teven Jenkins, Rousseau went in the 2nd.  They were there with our 2nd round pick along with Moore  Nobody thought Metcalf and AJ Brown would fall to the 2nd,  Marquse Lee, A Rob, Adams all fell to the 2nd.   Not sure who it will be this year but players always fall to the 2nd that people think will go in the 1st and becomes a steal

(01-21-2022, 11:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Outside of the first round, I would take David Bell, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Charleston Rambo, Jalen Nailor, Skyy Moore, Jaivon Heiligh and a hurt, John Metchie over Pickens.

Don't do that. You're wrong just as much as the next person (if not more).

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 12:02 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2022, 11:43 AM)Upper Wrote: If we're really asking what I would do at 33 though, I would trade up and get a WR once 5 of the big 6 are gone. It seems like there is a pretty big drop off after Dotson. I don't think it would take more than like a 4th rounder and one of our extra 5ths or something like that to move up to the mid 20s to get whichever one falls that far. I'd even give our 3rd from the Panthers and a 4th to move up even farther if it was enough to get Burks or Jameson.

I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

(01-21-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

(01-21-2022, 11:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Outside of the first round, I would take David Bell, Jalen Tolbert, Romeo Doubs, Charleston Rambo, Jalen Nailor, Skyy Moore, Jaivon Heiligh and a hurt, John Metchie over Pickens.

Pickens could be there in the 5th round and I probably would still pass on him. I see bust written all over him, which means we probably draft him.

(01-21-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Possibly, you and olinematters say the same thing every year about guys and yall are wrong lol, no chance this guy or that guy will be there, and then they are sitting there at out pick. Last year we had this conversation about Barmore, you were saying he was going in the teens and no way he would be there at 25, Moehrig and Teven Jenkins, Rousseau went in the 2nd.  They were there with our 2nd round pick along with Moore  Nobody thought Metcalf and AJ Brown would fall to the 2nd,  Marquse Lee, A Rob, Adams all fell to the 2nd.   Not sure who it will be this year but players always fall to the 2nd that people think will go in the 1st and becomes a steal

Agreed. No one on here is perfect. If we were, NFL teams would be knocking on our door, offering us GM jobs. That isn't happening.

(01-21-2022, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

Jeffrey Simmons tore his ACL in February and still went 19th overall and played by midseason. Jameson tore his over a month earlier than that. ACLs are usually about a 9 month injury nowadays, he could be back pretty early in the season. And even if he isn't, we are still looking big picture. Getting the best WR in this class is what we should do if we can.

(01-21-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Possibly, you and olinematters say the same thing every year about guys and yall are wrong lol, no chance this guy or that guy will be there, and then they are sitting there at out pick. Last year we had this conversation about Barmore, you were saying he was going in the teens and no way he would be there at 25, Moehrig and Teven Jenkins, Rousseau went in the 2nd.  They were there with our 2nd round pick along with Moore  Nobody thought Metcalf and AJ Brown would fall to the 2nd,  Marquse Lee, A Rob, Adams all fell to the 2nd.   Not sure who it will be this year but players always fall to the 2nd that people think will go in the 1st and becomes a steal

What players did say are going to go where I was wrong about?  Show me where the Eagles defense was bottom 3 the year they won the SB

In just 8 games last season, Drake London had 88 receptions and over 1,000 yards receiving. That's crazy numbers! How does he not become the #1 receiver off the board? He caught everything thrown his way and he had poor QB play at USC.

(01-21-2022, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In just 8 games last season, Drake London had 88 receptions and over 1,000 yards receiving. That's crazy numbers! How does he not become the #1 receiver off the board? He caught everything thrown his way and he had poor QB play at USC.

I like London a ton if he is in the right scheme. If someone puts him all over the formation (even some inline) and lets him wreck shop like Travis Kelce does then he is my WR1 with Jameson hurt. If they use him like his most common comp, Mike Williams, and just put him on the boundary all game and send him on 9 routes all game then he's probably my WR5. It completely depends on where he lands as to how good I think he'll be.

(01-21-2022, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:43 AM)Upper Wrote: If we're really asking what I would do at 33 though, I would trade up and get a WR once 5 of the big 6 are gone. It seems like there is a pretty big drop off after Dotson. I don't think it would take more than like a 4th rounder and one of our extra 5ths or something like that to move up to the mid 20s to get whichever one falls that far. I'd even give our 3rd from the Panthers and a 4th to move up even farther if it was enough to get Burks or Jameson.

I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

Pickens could be there in the 5th round and I probably would still pass on him. I see bust written all over him, which means we probably draft him.

(01-21-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don't do that. You're wrong just as much as the next person (if not more).

Agreed. No one on here is perfect. If we were, NFL teams would be knocking on our door, offering us GM jobs. That isn't happening.
No but you do this every year.  Of course you have the top guys that are locks but these guys every year you say are going here or there are far from locks.  These guys are borderline guys and you would think by now you would know there is a good chance a few of these guys will be there in the 2nd, happens every year.  Last year I was saying I wanted Barmore at 25 yet there was not chance he would be there.   Dude was there at our 2nd round pick

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 12:17 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2022, 12:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

Jeffrey Simmons tore his ACL in February and still went 19th overall and played by midseason. Jameson tore his over a month earlier than that. ACLs are usually about a 9 month injury nowadays, he could be back pretty early in the season. And even if he isn't, we are still looking big picture. Getting the best WR in this class is what we should do if we can.

Williams is a skill position player though and relies on speed and cutting ability. Simmons doesn't use speed or cutting ability. He relies on brute strength and technique. A D-Lineman can come back a lot sooner from such an injury, because of the nature of the position. 

I know we should get the best WR, but I also want someone who can help boost Trevor's confidence right away. Given how last season went, I don't wanna lose this kid, because he goes through another season with poor receiver play. I've seen several QB's who had short NFL careers, because teams failed to provide them with weapons and they just lost confidence inn their own abilities. I don't want him getting into his own head. We can't have that happen here. If we took Williams, I'm drafting two more WR's as well, just to make up for his possible absence early in the season. We have to get reliable receivers right away.

(01-21-2022, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In just 8 games last season, Drake London had 88 receptions and over 1,000 yards receiving. That's crazy numbers! How does he not become the #1 receiver off the board? He caught everything thrown his way and he had poor QB play at USC.

I like London a ton if he is in the right scheme. If someone puts him all over the formation (even some inline) and lets him wreck shop like Travis Kelce does then he is my WR1 with Jameson hurt. If they use him like his most common comp, Mike Williams, and just put him on the boundary all game and send him on 9 routes all game then he's probably my WR5. It completely depends on where he lands as to how good I think he'll be.

I currently have London going to Cleveland.

(01-21-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don't do that. You're wrong just as much as the next person (if not more).

What players did say are going to go where I was wrong about?  Show me where the Eagles defense was bottom 3 the year they won the SB

(01-21-2022, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote:

Williams only runs 9 routes?  If we draft London I hope we don't play him at TE and he needs to be WR 1, use him like TB uses Mike Evans, Chark opposite with MJJ and Godwin in the slot.  Of course there might be a few plays you move them around if there is a miss match to take advantage of with Lindons size and do they have a corner that traveling with Lindon

(01-21-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

That's not the point though. The point is saying other people are continually wrong but you yourself are wrong a lot. Everyone is wrong because nothing about football is guaranteed. 

The stats I looked up for the Eagles was from 2018 (which was the wrong season) so I was wrong. 

Try a little humility every once in a while instead of acting like you are always right.