Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick 33

(01-21-2022, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

Pickens could be there in the 5th round and I probably would still pass on him. I see bust written all over him, which means we probably draft him.

Agreed. No one on here is perfect. If we were, NFL teams would be knocking on our door, offering us GM jobs. That isn't happening.
No but you do this every year.  Of course you have the top guys that are locks but these guys every year you say are going here or there are far from locks.  These guys are borderline guys and you would think by now you would know there is a good chance a few of these guys will be there in the 2nd, happens every year.  Last year I was saying I wanted Barmore at 25 yet there was not chance he would be there.   Dude was there at our 2nd round pick

So you're just as wrong as everyone else. We're all imperfect. We just all have differing opinions. I know my board looks much different now, than it will undoubtedly look in late April. What I say is just my opinions. They certainly aren't facts. They are just how I see things, same as anyone else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2022, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:43 AM)Upper Wrote: If we're really asking what I would do at 33 though, I would trade up and get a WR once 5 of the big 6 are gone. It seems like there is a pretty big drop off after Dotson. I don't think it would take more than like a 4th rounder and one of our extra 5ths or something like that to move up to the mid 20s to get whichever one falls that far. I'd even give our 3rd from the Panthers and a 4th to move up even farther if it was enough to get Burks or Jameson.

I still love Jameson Williams and believe he will have the best career of any WR in this draft, but with the ACL, we are likely to get very limited production from him in 2022. I'd expect he would start to really shine in 2023. Can we afford to trade up for a guy that we likely would not get immediate production from? I'm torn on that one. If we moved up into the mid 20's, I'm targeting Chris Olave. I think he's an elite receiver.

(01-21-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Possibly, you and olinematters say the same thing every year about guys and yall are wrong lol, no chance this guy or that guy will be there, and then they are sitting there at out pick. Last year we had this conversation about Barmore, you were saying he was going in the teens and no way he would be there at 25, Moehrig and Teven Jenkins, Rousseau went in the 2nd.  They were there with our 2nd round pick along with Moore  Nobody thought Metcalf and AJ Brown would fall to the 2nd,  Marquse Lee, A Rob, Adams all fell to the 2nd.   Not sure who it will be this year but players always fall to the 2nd that people think will go in the 1st and becomes a steal

All those over Pickens? Damn

Pickens could be there in the 5th round and I probably would still pass on him. I see bust written all over him, which means we probably draft him.

(01-21-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don't do that. You're wrong just as much as the next person (if not more).

Agreed. No one on here is perfect. If we were, NFL teams would be knocking on our door, offering us GM jobs. That isn't happening.

Since when do you have to be perfect to be a GM?  Most of those guys have track records of your local weather guys, if not worse.

(01-21-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Williams only runs 9 routes?  If we draft London I hope we don't play him at TE and he needs to be WR 1, use him like TB uses Mike Evans, Chark opposite with MJJ and Godwin in the slot.  Of course there might be a few plays you move them around if there is a miss match to take advantage of with Lindons size and do they have a corner that traveling with Lindon

For the first however many years of his career when he was considered a disappointment, yes. He ran 9 routes all game and caught a couple bonkers 50/50 balls.

Lombardi finally got creative with him this year and he had his breakout season.

I hate comping London to Mike Evans. Evans is one of the most unique players in history. Almost as bad as comparing every small white WR to Welker and ever small pass catching RB to Sproles.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 12:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-21-2022, 12:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Williams only runs 9 routes?  If we draft London I hope we don't play him at TE and he needs to be WR 1, use him like TB uses Mike Evans, Chark opposite with MJJ and Godwin in the slot.  Of course there might be a few plays you move them around if there is a miss match to take advantage of with Lindons size and do they have a corner that traveling with Lindon

For the first however many years of his career when he was considered a disappointment, yes. He ran 9 routes all game and caught a couple bonkers 50/50 balls.

Lombardi finally got creative with him this year and he had his breakout season.

I hate comping London to Mike Evans. Evans is one of the most unique players in history. Almost as bad as comparing every small white WR to Welker and ever small pass catching RB to Sproles.
Yet you compare him to Kelce lol, future HOF TE lol.  He doesn't move as well as Kelce and quick like Kelce and I'm not sure he can block like Kelce.  But when I look at size, good speed, good hands, and looks to ve a good route runner for his size I think Evans a WR is a much better comparison than Kelce.  Also the contested catches, is like Evans or Allen Robinson.  Kelce usually just beats his man, I don't see Kelce always making these crazy contest catches

I don't like comparing a WR to one of the top 5 TEs of all time

Watched a few highlight videos on youtube of Drake London. Two things really stand out. First the guy makes a TON of contested catches. Seems like he has really strong hands and adjusts well to a ball in the air. The second thing that stood out is that he doesn't create any separation down the field. The right OC could put him in a lot of good situations to be productive but the wrong offense and he'd be wasted. Not sure he would be the kind of WR that would shine anywhere. But I do know the Jags could sure use a guy that has dependable hands and can make difficult catches.

(01-21-2022, 12:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Watched a few highlight videos on youtube of Drake London. Two things really stand out. First the guy makes a TON of contested catches. Seems like he has really strong hands and adjusts well to a ball in the air. The second thing that stood out is that he doesn't create any separation down the field. The right OC could put him in a lot of good situations to be productive but the wrong offense and he'd be wasted. Not sure he would be the kind of WR that would shine anywhere. But I do know the Jags could sure use a guy that has dependable hands and can make difficult catches.

That's basically exactly what I said. Move him around a lot, get him in mismatches vs linebackers and safeties and undersized nicklebacks. Don't bang his head against the wall making contested catches against NFL CBs all game. That's not going to be +EV.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 01:19 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-21-2022, 12:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Watched a few highlight videos on youtube of Drake London.  Two things really stand out.  First the guy makes a TON of contested catches.  Seems like he has really strong hands and adjusts well to a ball in the air.  The second thing that stood out is that he doesn't create any separation down the field.  The right OC could put him in a lot of good situations to be productive but the wrong offense and he'd be wasted.  Not sure he would be the kind of WR that would shine anywhere.  But I do know the Jags could sure use a guy that has dependable hands and can make difficult catches.
He reminds me of Allen Robinson before injury, maybe a little faster.  Maybe a mixture between Evans and Robinson with their styles

(01-21-2022, 12:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Watched a few highlight videos on youtube of Drake London.  Two things really stand out.  First the guy makes a TON of contested catches.  Seems like he has really strong hands and adjusts well to a ball in the air.  The second thing that stood out is that he doesn't create any separation down the field.  The right OC could put him in a lot of good situations to be productive but the wrong offense and he'd be wasted.  Not sure he would be the kind of WR that would shine anywhere.  But I do know the Jags could sure use a guy that has dependable hands and can make difficult catches.

That's basically exactly what I said. Move him around a lot, get him in mismatches vs linebackers and safeties and undersized nicklebacks. Don't bang his head against the wall making contested catches against NFL CBs all game. That's not going to be +EV.

You always want to find and create miss matches.  But he will be primarily a outside WR.

(01-21-2022, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who do yall like at 33?  Ideally i hope Dotons or London falls to 33 but i think both will be gone.  If one of the top WRs isnt there, Travon Walker i think is my top guy if he falls.  Just think if we added Thibs or Hutch and was able to get Walker.  Dude was a problem for teams this year and always stood out when I watched Georgia.  I think he has Cameron Heyward or Cameron Jordan potential.  Would love to get a guy like that to add to the defense and a 3-4 DE that's a difference maker with Allen and Thibs or Hutch coming off the edge

Walker would certainly be an intriguing possibility if he falls to 33. He and Thibodeaux would solidify the defense, for sure. The 33rd pick is likely to be the most interesting since I expect at least 3 or 4 players to surprisingly drop out of round 1. Ideally, they will get a trade offer which is too good to pass up. I do expect several teams will want to move up to get a quarterback who was not taken in round 1. The same can be said of teams needing a cornerback, left tackle or receiver. If the Jaguars play their cards right, they could end up with as many as 7 picks in the top 70. In this particular draft class, the Jaguars should go with quantity since it is quite deep in talent. On the other hand, there are really no "can't miss" superstars at the top so trading both picks 1 and 33 would put them. Our general manager (whomever) needs to reach out to the Jets, Giants, Eagles, Broncos and Falcons (all have multiple picks in rounds 1 or 2) following free agency to see which team will offer the best package of picks. Following day 1 of the draft, I'd expect other teams to approach them for pick 33. 

Simply said, if the Jaguars end up with just 4 players following day 2 (no trades), my draft grade can be no higher than B-, regardless of which players they end up with. And yes, that would even include a 1st two rounds in which they got Thibodeaux and London (discussed previously). As good as these 2 players can be, I'd prefer a package of:

Rd. 1. Garrett Wilson (pick 10 from the Jets)

Rd. 2(35) Nakobe Dean  (via Jets)

Rd. 2(38) Darrian Kinnard (via Jets)

Rd. 2(40) Cameron Thomas (via Broncos who get 33 for 40 and 60)

Rd. 2(60) David Bell (via Broncos)

These 1st two rounds address the needs at wide receiver (Wilson, Bell), Edge (Thomas), O.Line (Kinnard), and linebacker (can't pass on Dean if he drops that far).

Depending on what happens in free agency, the Jaguars still have two high 3rd round picks which could be used for another lineman, tight end or cornerback. This scenario is very possible since I could see both the Jets and Broncos wanting to trade with the Jaguars. The Jets want their first choice at edge rusher (pick 1) and the Broncos want a quarterback at the top of round 2 (i.e Willis/Ridder/Strong).

(01-21-2022, 02:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who do yall like at 33?  Ideally i hope Dotons or London falls to 33 but i think both will be gone.  If one of the top WRs isnt there, Travon Walker i think is my top guy if he falls.  Just think if we added Thibs or Hutch and was able to get Walker.  Dude was a problem for teams this year and always stood out when I watched Georgia.  I think he has Cameron Heyward or Cameron Jordan potential.  Would love to get a guy like that to add to the defense and a 3-4 DE that's a difference maker with Allen and Thibs or Hutch coming off the edge

Walker would certainly be an intriguing possibility if he falls to 33. He and Thibodeaux would solidify the defense, for sure. The 33rd pick is likely to be the most interesting since I expect at least 3 or 4 players to surprisingly drop out of round 1. Ideally, they will get a trade offer which is too good to pass up. I do expect several teams will want to move up to get a quarterback who was not taken in round 1. The same can be said of teams needing a cornerback, left tackle or receiver. If the Jaguars play their cards right, they could end up with as many as 7 picks in the top 70. In this particular draft class, the Jaguars should go with quantity since it is quite deep in talent. On the other hand, there are really no "can't miss" superstars at the top so trading both picks 1 and 33 would put them. Our general manager (whomever) needs to reach out to the Jets, Giants, Eagles, Broncos and Falcons (all have multiple picks in rounds 1 or 2) following free agency to see which team will offer the best package of picks. Following day 1 of the draft, I'd expect other teams to approach them for pick 33. 

Simply said, if the Jaguars end up with just 4 players following day 2 (no trades), my draft grade can be no higher than B-, regardless of which players they end up with. And yes, that would even include a 1st two rounds in which they got Thibodeaux and London (discussed previously). As good as these 2 players can be, I'd prefer a package of:

These 1st two rounds address the needs at wide receiver (Wilson, Bell), Edge (Thomas), O.Line (Kinnard), and linebacker (can't pass on Dean if he drops that far).

Depending on what happens in free agency, the Jaguars still have two high 3rd round picks which could be used for another lineman, tight end or cornerback. This scenario is very possible since I could see both the Jets and Broncos wanting to trade with the Jaguars. The Jets want their first choice at edge rusher (pick 1) and the Broncos want a quarterback at the top of round 2 (i.e Willis/Ridder/Strong).

There will definitely be a few guys that fall out of the first ito the 2nd.  I'd be shocked if Dean makes it to the 2nd but if he did fall that far he would be a no brainer pick.  I think Dean goes first half of the first round and the first LB taken

At 33 I think this team will be in a unique position. They probably won't be able to land a top flight receiver, but, they could take a guy that could excel in the slot or in a different role designed properly. Dotson would be ideal at WR there. 

I think another dark horse is going to be at the TE position. McBride and Kolar are going to climb the big boards after the combine and pro days take place. Mark my words on that. 

However, with that said. They could land a great ILB there. Christian Harris from Alabama is outstanding. Chad Muma could even be in this discussion once, again, the combine and pro day's take place. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went defense with the No. 33rd overall selection.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2022, 03:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

At 33 I think this team will be in a unique position. They probably won't be able to land a top flight receiver, but, they could take a guy that could excel in the slot or in a different role designed properly. Dotson would be ideal at WR there. 

I think another dark horse is going to be at the TE position. McBride and Kolar are going to climb the big boards after the combine and pro days take place. Mark my words on that. 

However, with that said. They could land a great ILB there. Christian Harris from Alabama is outstanding. Chad Muma could even be in this discussion once, again, the combine and pro day's take place. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went defense with the No. 33rd overall selection.
The tight end class is definitely very deep and talented. In addition to McBride and Kolar, Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State should move up following the Combine and Senior Bowl. I think he'd be a steal in the 3rd round and could turn into a complete tight end- unlike the current tight end they got from Ohio State.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 02:47 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Yes. I got so tired of watching our receivers drop catchable balls last season. It was ridiculous! They looked like they were trying to catch a flaming cactus at times. Week after week it was multiple dropped passes.

(01-21-2022, 02:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 02:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Walker would certainly be an intriguing possibility if he falls to 33. He and Thibodeaux would solidify the defense, for sure. The 33rd pick is likely to be the most interesting since I expect at least 3 or 4 players to surprisingly drop out of round 1. Ideally, they will get a trade offer which is too good to pass up. I do expect several teams will want to move up to get a quarterback who was not taken in round 1. The same can be said of teams needing a cornerback, left tackle or receiver. If the Jaguars play their cards right, they could end up with as many as 7 picks in the top 70. In this particular draft class, the Jaguars should go with quantity since it is quite deep in talent. On the other hand, there are really no "can't miss" superstars at the top so trading both picks 1 and 33 would put them. Our general manager (whomever) needs to reach out to the Jets, Giants, Eagles, Broncos and Falcons (all have multiple picks in rounds 1 or 2) following free agency to see which team will offer the best package of picks. Following day 1 of the draft, I'd expect other teams to approach them for pick 33. 

There will definitely be a few guys that fall out of the first ito the 2nd.  I'd be shocked if Dean makes it to the 2nd but if he did fall that far he would be a no brainer pick.  I think Dean goes first half of the first round and the first LB taken

Agreed. I have him selected by Philly at pick #16.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 02:56 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2022, 03:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I love Chad Muma. He can be take over games on defense. I'm also a fan of Damone Clark of LSU. My darkhorse ILB would be Troy Anderson of Montana State. I got to see him play during the playoffs and he was impressive.

(01-21-2022, 04:27 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 03:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: At 33 I think this team will be in a unique position. They probably won't be able to land a top flight receiver, but, they could take a guy that could excel in the slot or in a different role designed properly. Dotson would be ideal at WR there. 

The tight end class is definitely very deep and talented. In addition to McBride and Kolar, Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State should move up following the Combine and Senior Bowl. I think he'd be a steal in the 3rd round and could turn into a complete tight end- unlike the current tight end they got from Ohio State.

I'm a fan of Tre McBride, Isaiah Likely, Derrick Deese, Charlie Kolar, Greg Dulcich, Cole Turner, Jelani Woods and Lucas Krull.

I think 33 maybe our most important pick, it has to be a home run to help this team.

Two scenarios;

If we take one of the top two DE’s as projected then I think we have to package this together with some later picks and move up and try to secure one of the top WR.

Or, if we trade back with that Giants or Philly, I think we just take BAP and it’s a high likely hood that may be a WR.