Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 ways to fix left tackle and center position..

(01-22-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This team looks like the place veteran players go to ruin their career. Our team is a mess! Why would anyone want to come here if they had other options? We're certainly not winning anytime soon, our reputation around the league for how we deal with players is about as low as it can get and our owner makes the same staffing mistakes over and over. It's like running a run down, road side diner that keeps getting shut down by the health department and expecting to hire a 5 star chef. It isn't gonna happen. Come back to reality.
People said the same thing the year we got Bouye, Campbell, and Church.  Those veterans had their beat seasons here.  This team isn't a mess, the coaching and GM is.  We are about to hire a new coach and still a  good chance Baalke will be gone.  Our defense is already decent and good be even better with Thibs or Hutch and Trev will be going into his 2nd year and his last game showed what he can do.  If we have another good draft and get Trev a little better oline help and WR help this team could be much better nest year.  Not to mention money talks and we have more cap than any team in the league.

We are in way worse shape now, then we were back then. It's not even close. 

If you don't think this team is a mess, then you are living in denial. 

I certainly hope we'll be better after the draft, but we still won't be anywhere near a playoff team. It's gonna be a slow re-build. This team has way too many needs. It's gonna have to be repaired via the draft, because good free agents aren't coming here. We had tons of money last offseason and couldn't lure any big name free agents, so why would that change now? Money didn't "talk" then, it won't now. We're gonna have to get better by taking the right players in the draft and I have zero confidence in Trent Baalke to do that. None.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2022, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: People said the same thing the year we got Bouye, Campbell, and Church.  Those veterans had their beat seasons here.  This team isn't a mess, the coaching and GM is.  We are about to hire a new coach and still a  good chance Baalke will be gone.  Our defense is already decent and good be even better with Thibs or Hutch and Trev will be going into his 2nd year and his last game showed what he can do.  If we have another good draft and get Trev a little better oline help and WR help this team could be much better nest year.  Not to mention money talks and we have more cap than any team in the league.

I certainly hope we'll be better after the draft, but we still won't be anywhere near a playoff team. It's gonna be a slow re-build. This team has way too many needs. It's gonna have to be repaired via the draft, because good free agents aren't coming here. We had tons of money last offseason and couldn't lure any big name free agents, so why would that change now? Money didn't "talk" then, it won't now. We're gonna have to get better by taking the right players in the draft and I have zero confidence in Trent Baalke to do that. None.

At the time nobody thought we would sniff the playoffs.  We just put the Colts out of the playoffs and our defense dominated the offense thatbmaight be in the SB, the Bills.  Last year was the first year of the rebuild and 90% of the time teams don't go.after big time free agents in the first year of a rebuild, if we get a competent GM that can get another good draft I think we can compete for the division title.  The defense is good enough, just have to get Trev a little help a d it shouldn't be hard to do with all the pucks and cap space

(01-22-2022, 10:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sign Trent Brown. He's better than Cam and is a RT, Cam isn't worth the tag and Little needs to be the LT. Brown is a damb good RT and a good run and pass blocker

I wish Brown hadn't bombed hardcore for the Raiders inbetween successful Patriots stints. Kinda worries me that he would struggle again once he is out of 'the Patriot way' for whatever reason.

Given the amount of cap space this team has, and how its relatively unlikely we're super attractive to free agents, we should tag Cam, I don't think OT is too much of an issue with Cam, Walker Little settling in, and Jawaan Taylor having the potential to improve. I just want to see guard addressed, I miss the days of Manuwai, Naeole, Mo WIlliams, Uche Nwaneri etc. just road graders that had that nasty streak in them. I feel like that's what this team lacks, I think that Bartch, Shatley, Richardson should all be in the mix and are at worst sevicable depth. i'd like to see them draft a center relatively high to learn from Linder before the knee issue gets too bad.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-22-2022, 12:57 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 10:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sign Trent Brown.  He's better than Cam and is a RT,  Cam isn't worth the tag and Little needs to be the LT.  Brown is a damb good RT and a good run and pass blocker

I wish Brown hadn't bombed hardcore for the Raiders inbetween successful Patriots stints. Kinda worries me that he would struggle again once he is out of 'the Patriot way' for whatever reason.
You would of been the one to pass on Moss when he had the bad stint with the Raiders.  The Raiders tried to play him at LT, then moved him.  Brown is a RT.  Was SF the Patriot way because he was pretty good there too

I like having more, rather than less, talent on the o-line. A whole unit almost never makes it through the year without injuries. It’s important to have depth. I think keep cam, but also if you find a great RT in free agency or by trade, then trade Cam or eat his salary for 1 year. Little is the future at LT to me. If he had played his last two years in college, he would have been a first round tackle.

(01-22-2022, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: People said the same thing the year we got Bouye, Campbell, and Church.  Those veterans had their beat seasons here.  This team isn't a mess, the coaching and GM is.  We are about to hire a new coach and still a  good chance Baalke will be gone.  Our defense is already decent and good be even better with Thibs or Hutch and Trev will be going into his 2nd year and his last game showed what he can do.  If we have another good draft and get Trev a little better oline help and WR help this team could be much better nest year.  Not to mention money talks and we have more cap than any team in the league.

In order to sign a big name free agent, you have to first make an offer to a big name free agent.  In most cases, the Jaguars didn't even make an offer to the top free agents.  In the couple of exceptions where they made an offer, it was a low ball offer and got outbid.  The Jaguars didn't miss out on a single big name free agent last year because the player didn't want to play here.  Free agents overwhelmingly follow the money.  Meyer/Baalke took a quantity over quality approach to free agency last year.

(01-22-2022, 05:15 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We are in way worse shape now, then we were back then. It's not even close. 

In order to sign a big name free agent, you have to first make an offer to a big name free agent.  In most cases, the Jaguars didn't even make an offer to the top free agents.  In the couple of exceptions where they made an offer, it was a low ball offer and got outbid.  The Jaguars didn't miss out on a single big name free agent last year because the player didn't want to play here.  Free agents overwhelmingly follow the money.  Meyer/Baalke took a quantity over quality approach to free agency last year.
When teams are in the first year of a rebuild, they typically don't try to sign or go after big money FA

(01-22-2022, 05:01 PM)Newton Wrote: I like having more, rather than less, talent on the o-line.

Lol no way

(01-22-2022, 05:15 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We are in way worse shape now, then we were back then. It's not even close. 

What changes this year? Baalke is still the GM.

(01-22-2022, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 05:15 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: In order to sign a big name free agent, you have to first make an offer to a big name free agent.  In most cases, the Jaguars didn't even make an offer to the top free agents.  In the couple of exceptions where they made an offer, it was a low ball offer and got outbid.  The Jaguars didn't miss out on a single big name free agent last year because the player didn't want to play here.  Free agents overwhelmingly follow the money.  Meyer/Baalke took a quantity over quality approach to free agency last year.

What changes this year? Baalke is still the GM.

First, we don't know for sure Baalke will be retained.  Second, Meyer is gone and he was ultimately in charge of personnel, not Baalke.  It may have been his strategy.  Third, GM's often take a different approach in year 2 of a rebuild versus year 1 of a rebuild.

(01-22-2022, 06:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What changes this year? Baalke is still the GM.

First, we don't know for sure Baalke will be retained.  Second, Meyer is gone and he was ultimately in charge of personnel, not Baalke.  It may have been his strategy.  Third, GM's often take a different approach in year 2 of a rebuild versus year 1 of a rebuild.

I'd add to this by saying that if a new HC is added and Baalke is retained, that new HC may again have personnel control with Baalke acting as a facilitator. 

Not that I want any of these scenarios involving Baalke in Duval, just trying to prepare myself for how it might go down and seek a glimmer of hope.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 07:39 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-22-2022, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What changes this year? Baalke is still the GM.

Your source?

Didn't Meyer say he didn't watch the NFL? he didn't even know this team. Was he the one who decided against going for Trent Williams, Hendrickson, Hunter Henry? was he the one who decided the O-line was fine and he didn't need to upgrade it? 
If Baalke did none of that, still why should we keep him then? Kinda funny how Baalke was known to draft players who had injury problems/major injuries and we ended up drafting Little and Cisco.

Juts amazing how this fan base is always making stupid excuses for garbage GMs.

Caldwell never made a mistake while being on the Jags, it was all Coughlin's fault.
Now Baalke is innocent and every bad move was/is on Meyer.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-22-2022, 07:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 06:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: First, we don't know for sure Baalke will be retained.  Second, Meyer is gone and he was ultimately in charge of personnel, not Baalke.  It may have been his strategy.  Third, GM's often take a different approach in year 2 of a rebuild versus year 1 of a rebuild.

Your source?

Didn't Meyer say he didn't watch the NFL? he didn't even know this team. Was he the one who decided against going for Trent Williams, Hendrickson, Hunter Henry? was he the one who decided the O-line was fine and he didn't need to upgrade it? 
If Baalke did none of that, still why should we keep him then? Kinda funny how Baalke was known to draft players who had injury problems/major injuries and we ended up drafting Little and Cisco.

Urban came across as the kind of guy who spends all of his time playing solitaire on his laptop and just let Baalke do whatever he wanted.

I just want the best player in the country.

(01-22-2022, 02:44 PM)Firesky Wrote: Given the amount of cap space this team has, and how its relatively unlikely we're super attractive to free agents, we should tag Cam, I don't think OT is too much of an issue with Cam, Walker Little settling in, and Jawaan Taylor having the potential to improve. I just want to see guard addressed, I miss the days of Manuwai, Naeole, Mo WIlliams, Uche Nwaneri etc. just road graders that had that nasty streak in them. I feel like that's what this team lacks, I think that Bartch, Shatley, Richardson should all be in the mix and are at worst sevicable depth. i'd like to see them draft a center relatively high to learn from Linder before the knee issue gets too bad.

I agree.  If he gets beat out by Little and you have to slide Cam to guard (or RT), I couldn't care less.  Yea it'd seem crazy to pay him franchise LT money and play him at another position but at the end of the day who cares.  Cam isn't a pro bowler but there is a pretty good chance that even if we drafted Neal and signed a free agent, that Cam would be one of the 5 best olineman on the team.  Getting rid of Cam and drafting Neal doesn't significantly improve this team.  All it would do is fill a hole that you didn't need to have.  

Bring back Cam and then just draft the best player at #1.

(01-22-2022, 02:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 07:22 PM)chris hill Wrote: Draft Evan Neal and sign center Bradley Boozeman from FA.. Boozeman played himself a free agent with no sacks allowed the only hits allowed were on Lamar Jacksons carries..

If we draft Evan Neal, he'll be a RT and I'll be done with the Jags.

You don't think Evan Neal could beat out Cam Robinson at the left tackle spot? Maybe Cam plays right tackle?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-22-2022, 07:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just want the best player in the country.
How many draft picks are you willing to give Tampa Bay for Tom Brady?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 12:34 AM by Newton.)

I think Little starts at left. Him starting is one of the reasons the offense came alive against the colts. Drafting O-line always seems safe, but it’s as hard to project as anything. Look at what happened with Joekel. If they truly feel Neal is a pro bowl LT, then take him, but don’t reach. DE or a trade back(difficult I know) are good options.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 01:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Baalke has been a terrible drafter, all the way back to his San Francisco days. I have zero confidence in him.

(01-22-2022, 07:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 06:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: First, we don't know for sure Baalke will be retained.  Second, Meyer is gone and he was ultimately in charge of personnel, not Baalke.  It may have been his strategy.  Third, GM's often take a different approach in year 2 of a rebuild versus year 1 of a rebuild.

Your source?

Caldwell never made a mistake while being on the Jags, it was all Coughlin's fault.
Now Baalke is innocent and every bad move was/is on Meyer.

Agreed 100%. No excuses. Baalke MUST go. I cannot take another season of ineptness.