Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win The First Monday Night Football Game?
Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins
[Show Results]

***Official Steelers @ Redskins Monday Night Football Thread - Game One***

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   ESPN kicks off the NFL's 47th season of Monday Night Football by showing a double header concluding the first weekend of the first week of the NFL regular season.  First game on tap  is the Pittsburgh Steelers visiting the Washington Redskins in an  interconference battle.

Sean McDonough and Jon Gruden are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter Lisa Salters for ESPN MNf, with kickoff from FedEx Field near Washington, D.C.,by  7:10PM Eastern Standard Time.  :yes:  Smile   B)

http://espnmediazone.com/us/pressrelease...bleheader/

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016091200...ab=preview

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dude, you're a machine!

I'll take 6burg

I wish Mike Tirico stayed at ESPN. Sean McDonough sucks.

Not sure who to root for. Both teams are division rivals of the teams I hate most (Cowboys and Ravens). It is one of those, "I wish both teams could win" games for me.

Steelers will win this one.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins pull out a victory here. I pick them

This game has the makings of a shootout, two defenses that struggle mightily on the back-end, should be a fun one.

Steelers will blow them out. The Redskins are pretenders who play in a weak division.

Steelers will more than probably win.

But I'm rooting for Washington.

Quote:Steelers will blow them out. The Redskins are pretenders who play in a weak division.

I doubt the Steelers blow them out, as a matter of fact I'd be shocked if the Steelers won this game. Their offense doesn't play well on the road (compared to their home games) and missing Martavis Bryant (and Heath Miller) will hurt, that defense is also terrible against the pass. Washington has elite collective talent at the skill positions, I think the put up 30+ points tonight.

Quote:I doubt the Steelers blow them out, as a matter of fact I'd be shocked if the Steelers won this game. Their offense doesn't play well on the road (compared to their home games) and missing Martavis Bryant (and Heath Miller) will hurt, that defense is also terrible against the pass. Washington has elite collective talent at the skill positions, I think the put up 30+ points tonight.

Aren't they also missing Le'Veon Bell?

Ugh,,, can't stand Pittsburgh Steelers. Anytime they lose is a good day for me.

Go Skins (Go any team vs Pitt!)!

Shazier made one hell of a play in coverage in the endzone there.

Quote:Shazier made one hell of a play in coverage in the end zone there.

He is a beast at linebacker. His only problem is staying healthy.

I'm waiting for a Norman pick-six.

'02

Quote:I'm waiting for a Norman pick-six.

If that happens I bet all Panthers fans will get mad Carolina let him go.

Quote:If that happens I bet all Panthers fans will get mad Carolina let him go.

All Panthers fans should already be mad. That was one of the worst personnel moves I've ever witnessed. With Benjamin back, the Panthers could get over the hump this year, but not without Norman.

'02

Quote:All Panthers fans should already be mad. That was one of the worst personnel moves I've ever witnessed. With Benjamin back, the Panthers could get over the hump this year, but not without Norman.

The Steve Smith release was bad too, but this one is worse because they franchise tagged him.

How does Norman look in red and yellow?

What a crazy crazy TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Breaks like that don't happen for bad teams.

Washington D looks pretty ordinary. Can't stop a nosebleed or get off the field.