Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win The First Monday Night Football Game?
Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins
[Show Results]

***Official Steelers @ Redskins Monday Night Football Thread - Game One***

Quote:So you did not see the TD you implied was skillful yet still chose to comment on it?

It takes skill to do anything in the NFL. It does not matter how lucky you are if you can't do something with it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you did not see the TD you implied was skillful yet still chose to comment on it?

That would be correct.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Perhaps we should go to the dictionary and take a look at the definition.

luck

lək/Submit

noun

success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

Ones own actions would be the "skill" you are referring to by the way.

Quote:Perhaps we should go to the dictionary and take a look at the definition.

luck

lək/Submit

noun

success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

If you don't do something, you don't score.

Quote:If you don't do something, you don't score.

Perhaps you are confusing opportunistic and luck.

Quote:I doubt the Steelers blow them out, as a matter of fact I'd be shocked if the Steelers won this game. Their offense doesn't play well on the road (compared to their home games) and missing Martavis Bryant (and Heath Miller) will hurt, that defense is also terrible against the pass. Washington has elite collective talent at the skill positions, I think the put up 30+ points tonight.

Smile

Quote:Perhaps you are confusing opportunistic and luck.

Nope. I think other people are trying to make me look stupid.

Quote:Nope. I think other people are trying to make me look stupid.

Why did this make me lol?

Quote:Why did this make me lol?

Because you are one of the people doing it.

Quote:Because you are one of the people doing it.

What am I doing?

I was just laughing at your funny comment.

Quote:What am I doing?

I was just laughing at your funny comment.

Trying to make me look like an idiot.

No one is trying to make you look anything. They were talking about what happened and you are arguing with them about it even though you didn't watch the game.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Martavious bryant wouldve just dropped 6 passes dudes a bum another mike wallace will leave n do nothing if anyone thought the steelers would drop a egg ur [BLEEP] this offense is deadly all they need is big ben n ab bells just overkill

I hate the steelers but its hard not seein this team 12 n 4 if healthy look at there schedule split with cincy lose to pats kc an a swing loss lets say indy or bal theyll be in the championship if bell stays healthy

Visions of Franco Harris in the Steelers football miracle win over the Raiders in the playoffs 44 seasons ago came to mind near the end of the first half of last night's game. 

Quote:I hate the steelers but its hard not seein this team 12 n 4 if healthy look at there schedule split with cincy lose to pats kc an a swing loss lets say indy or bal theyll be in the championship if bell stays healthy

I'm very interested to see how the AFC North plays out.   The Steelers,  Bengals,  and Ravens all look like they have the makings of playoff caliber teams.  Though I picked the Bengals to win the division with the other two being wildcards,  it wouldn't surprise me if any of the 3 wins the division and gives the Patriots a run for their money for a Super Bowl berth. 

Nobody is trying to make you look stupid. You are simply saying that working hard caused the play below to happen when it was pure luck.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/steelers...topstories

Quote: I'm very interested to see how the AFC North plays out. The Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens all look like they have the makings of playoff caliber teams. Though I picked the Bengals to win the division with the other two being wildcards, it wouldn't surprise me if any of the 3 wins the division and gives the Patriots a run for their money for a Super Bowl berth.
the only thing stoppin em the last two years was bell bein hurt with reggie nelson bein in oakland he has nothin to worry about nelson ended his season the last two

I thought for a second you were missing the 'g' from your keyboard.

Have you seen my baseball?