Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defensive end would be a huge Mistake if the Jags stay at #1

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 11:22 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 3 times in total.)

Outside of the fact that Defensive ends rarely make a real contribution their first year,  The League has shifted it's rules so strongly toward the offense it makes the defense side a lot less important.  

The Jags had the #1 overall defense in 2017 and got carved up in the AFC Champ game against the Pats...

We just saw the Bills (#1 defense in the league) give up a filed goal from the opponents 25 yard line with 13 seconds left.

It's an offensive league.  I'm not saying defense is not important but offense should be priority in about every scenario these days.   It isn't like the best defensive end in this draft is miles better than the best offensive linemen.  I think QB protection is more important to help this young QB.  

There is no generational talent Like a Bosa, Watt, Garret, etc.

The team would be best suited to build around Lawrence so we can really see if he is the franchise guy.  

Ideally I would like to trade out to around the 10th spot and get the best WR in the draft.  If stick to #1 overall, then take the best offensive linemen and do not look back.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did ya see Bosa vs the Packers? Von vs Brady today? Pass Rush is essential. We don’t got it. Allen needs some help. Hutch plz

Neal, Hutch or trade down for me.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 11:29 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-23-2022, 11:23 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Did ya see Bosa vs the Packers? Von vs Brady today? Pass Rush is essential. We don’t got it. Allen needs some help. Hutch plz

I saw Mahomes standing behind the LOS for 4+ Seconds,  I saw Stafford having plenty of time,

Protect the QB and Effect the QB are the most important elements in football.

We have a Young rookie QB with an offensive line that is shakey at best.   I say Protect the QB is more important.

(01-23-2022, 11:23 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Did ya see Bosa vs the Packers? Von vs Brady today? Pass Rush is essential. We don’t got it. Allen needs some help. Hutch plz

There is no bosa in this draft

(01-23-2022, 11:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

I saw Mahomes standing behind the LOS for 4+ Seconds,  I saw Stafford having plenty of time,

We have a Young rookie QB with an offensive line that is shakey at best.   I say Protect the QB is more important.

I disagree, I think Hutch has a similar ceiling to T.J. Watt. 
We need 2 anyways, we have 1.

I'm right there with yall, I think Hutch is my top guy right now as well

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 11:54 PM by snowwolf776.)

I doubt this will happen cause jags owner isn't smart enough.  Dad said jags should trade first pick to another team for  more picks includeing the teams pick in first round jags trade too.   Need to build oline around trevor,get a go to WR.   

maybe a TE as well they all have to have sure hands.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-23-2022, 11:54 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I doubt this will happen cause jags owner isn't smart enough.  Dad said jags should trade first pick to another team for  more picks includeing the teams pick in first round jags trade too.   Need to build oline around trevor,get a go to WR.   

Yeah but it is highly unlikely someone will want to trade for #1 this year.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-24-2022, 12:00 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 11:54 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I doubt this will happen cause jags owner isn't smart enough.  Dad said jags should trade first pick to another team for  more picks includeing the teams pick in first round jags trade too.   Need to build oline around trevor,get a go to WR.   

Yeah but it is highly unlikely someone will want to trade for #1 this year.

There’s a sucker born every minute and a few of them are NFL GMs

Reaching for a player is never a good draft strategy. Take the top player your board and don't look back. Drafting a lesser RT like Neal would be a huge mistake compared to taking an elite pass rusher.

There is almost always a qb that shoots up the draft board as the hype builds. Dont be so quick to think its impossible this year, but we shall see

After the combine the draft will get shaken up.

"My dad said..."

Ok?

Obviously it would be best for the Jags to trade out of the 1st pick, but there has to be a buyer.

(01-24-2022, 01:29 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

"My dad said..."

Ok?

Obviously it would be best for the Jags to trade out of the 1st pick, but there has to be a buyer.

Does anyone know any good your daddy jokes to post to this guy?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 02:19 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-23-2022, 11:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Outside of the fact that Defensive ends rarely make a real contribution their first year,  The League has shifted it's rules so strongly toward the offense it makes the defense side a lot less important.  

The Jags had the #1 overall defense in 2017 and got carved up in the AFC Champ game against the Pats...

We just saw the Bills (#1 defense in the league) give up a filed goal from the opponents 25 yard line with 13 seconds left.

It's an offensive league.  I'm not saying defense is not important but offense should be priority in about every scenario these days.   It isn't like the best defensive end in this draft is miles better than the best offensive linemen.  I think QB protection is more important to help this young QB.  

There is no generational talent Like a Bosa, Watt, Garret, etc.

The team would be best suited to build around Lawrence so we can really see if he is the franchise guy.  

Ideally I would like to trade out to around the 10th spot and get the best WR in the draft.  If stick to #1 overall, then take the best offensive linemen and do not look back.

Yes, they are. Outside of Tyler Linderbaum, (the best O-Lineman in this draft), the OT's are garbage and you don't spend high first round picks on OG's. 

Maybe Thibodeaux and Hutchinson aren't generational talents, but I'd take either one of them and many other players over any OT in this draft. It's a very bad OT class. You always take the BAP. The best O-Lineman is Linderbaum and he may not be taken in the top 5-10 players. That would be reaching.

(01-23-2022, 11:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

There's certainly no Trent Williams, David Bakhtiari, Ryan Ramczyk or Tristan Wirf in this draft either.

If you do not feel like anyone is really "worthy" of the #1 then maybe just trade down for whatever offer you can get. If you don't like any OTs at 1 but you like them at 10, see what offer comes your way. You're not only getting an additional pick, you're also getting to not have to pay the player you want a higher salary. I understand values but value is subjective, the #1 pick last year was by far worth more than the #1 pick this year. Obviously you get the most out of it, but I don't understand why if there's not a prospect that you like at #1 why not just take a 1st swap and a 2nd or even a 3rd. You get what you can get. I really do think that some team will fall in love with a QB and we could probably trade down, maybe not get the same value we could've gotten had we traded down last year, but it could happen.

This happens every year. The thing is, Aidan Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux will both blow up the combine, testing and interviewing, and then we will:
1. All of a sudden have buyers for the 1 pick
2. Feel way more confident about picking either one at 1.

Both of these men have size, production, and will test off the charts. It’s not that hard for me. I have 0 worries about the draft pick. Evan Neal is also a favorite of mine.

Also, I’m always amazed that people say there’s no TJ Watt in this draft and I’m struggling to understand why everyone is so certain. The two best defensive players in the NFL were drafted at 13th and 30th, Donald and Watt. No one knew what they’d be when they were drafted. Don’t know why people assume that “he’s no this.” Like I love the traits, work ethic, confidence, and leadership that both Hutch and KT have along with their size, production, and athletic testing. We will be fine.

Go with best available player, which is likely to be DE. Defensive ends made a huge difference and most of the games this past weekend. The Chiefs game was an outlier.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 09:56 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trade down.

Hopefully Pickett and Corral will create some demand for a team in need of a QB.