Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

You folks do realize that there is only approx 43000 season tickets holders as it is right? Full support of the team by Jacksonville fans has been gone. Us that are left are the die hards and very few would leave over anything.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2022, 12:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 11:36 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Baalke remains the general manager, there needs to be a mass exodus of season ticket-holders. I will definitely be included in this group.

Been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I'm just about there too. Retaining Baalke as the GM will push me over the top.

That is sad. I know the boards are not representative of all things Jags but it is disheartening to see thee changes in long time posters and attitudes towards the franchise.

It is so odd to be at this tipping point and for the owner to be missing the signs.

I would like to believe that I can hold out but I really feel like this is the end for me. It really shouldn't be about Baalke but really it is the ownership and the clueless ego.

(01-30-2022, 12:21 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I'm just about there too. Retaining Baalke as the GM will push me over the top.

That is sad. I know the boards are not representative of all things Jags but it is disheartening to see thee changes in long time posters and attitudes towards the franchise.

It is so odd to be at this tipping point and for the owner to be missing the signs.

I would like to believe that I can hold out but I really feel like this is the end for me. It really shouldn't be about Baalke but really it is the ownership and the clueless ego.

Exactly, the Baalke situation is more of a symptom of a bigger issue which is that ownership just doesn't have the ability to turn the franchise around (even if he wants/cares to which I assume he does). There doesn't seem to be hope for any prospect to get out of the cellar. Even having a potential franchise QB may not be sufficient since they can't seem to figure out how to get a staff qualified to develop the kid.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Sheesh. Need some great news this week. Time to watch some good team today that are were the jags would like to be some time in the future

(01-30-2022, 04:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A Tony Khan coup? Seriously? Have you guys grown so delirious with anxiety that you’re now creating fantasy? 

Deep breaths.

LOL . . . it's a JOKE. Lighten up, Francis.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-30-2022, 12:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: You folks do realize that there is only approx 43000 season tickets holders as it is right? Full support of the team by Jacksonville fans has been gone. Us that are left are the die hards and very few would leave over anything.

I don't know I saw first hand as Oilers fans, especially season ticket holders, turned on Bud Adams, that team and the Harris County judges when that whole thing fell apart in the 90's.

(01-30-2022, 12:21 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I'm just about there too. Retaining Baalke as the GM will push me over the top.

The owner is in a whole different world from us.  The Jags are little more than a pet project.  He doesn't listen to small fly's like us.   It's obvious by his track record he doesn't care about the general public's opinion.  I do not agree with any of this but it's probably spot on.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-30-2022, 03:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:21 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: That is sad. I know the boards are not representative of all things Jags but it is disheartening to see thee changes in long time posters and attitudes towards the franchise.

The owner is in a whole different world from us.  The Jags are little more than a pet project.  He doesn't listen to small fly's like us.   It's obvious by his track record he doesn't care about the general public's opinion.  I do not agree with any of this but it's probably spot on.
He doesn't listen to his son, so he definitely isn't listening to us.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-30-2022, 03:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 03:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The owner is in a whole different world from us.  The Jags are little more than a pet project.  He doesn't listen to small fly's like us.   It's obvious by his track record he doesn't care about the general public's opinion.  I do not agree with any of this but it's probably spot on.

How do you know this? Do you even know the extent Tony Khan is involved?

(01-30-2022, 03:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 03:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He doesn't listen to his son, so he definitely isn't listening to us.

How do you know this? Do you even know the extent Tony Khan is involved?

From all reports it sounds like Tony is very involved..

Posted elsewhere but Khan needs to “shad” or get off the pot. Raiders have made their hire today. MN looks like it’s chasing down Harbaugh

(01-30-2022, 03:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 03:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The owner is in a whole different world from us.  The Jags are little more than a pet project.  He doesn't listen to small fly's like us.   It's obvious by his track record he doesn't care about the general public's opinion.  I do not agree with any of this but it's probably spot on.

Shad's 71. Maybe it's just a case of his grip on reality starting to fade. It's not a knock on the guy but it happens. It usually starts with cognative problems such as difficulty making decisions.

Time to turn the reigns over to Tony before any more damage is done.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Sounding like Miami for Harbaugh.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-30-2022, 04:16 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Sounding like Miami for Harbaugh.
Which means O’Connell to Minny.

Jags gonna Jag though.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 04:38 PM by tomfin2022.)

(01-30-2022, 02:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: You folks do realize that there is only approx 43000 season tickets holders as it is right? Full support of the team by Jacksonville fans has been gone. Us that are left are the die hards and very few would leave over anything.

I don't know I saw first hand as Oilers fans, especially season ticket holders, turned on Bud Adams, that team and the Harris County judges when that whole thing fell apart in the 90's.

I grew up an Oilers fan and remained one all the way up to the move to Tennesse.  We moved to Jacksonville in 2001 and I’ve tried my best to be a Jaguars fan.

45 years of futility.

(01-30-2022, 03:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Posted elsewhere but Khan needs to “shad” or get off the pot. Raiders have made their hire today. MN looks like it’s chasing down Harbaugh

Khan has diarrhea.  He’s going to sit on the pot and continue Shading until the other eight teams have hired their HCs and we’re left scraping the bottom of the Bevell.

(01-30-2022, 03:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 03:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He doesn't listen to his son, so he definitely isn't listening to us.

Shad's 71. Maybe it's just a case of his grip on reality starting to fade. It's not a knock on the guy but it happens. It usually starts with cognative problems such as difficulty making decisions.

Time to turn the reigns over to Tony before any more damage is done.
Can the fans have Khan declared insane? I mean everyone says how bad Baalke is and he just doesn't listen. Then Tony can take over and save the Jags.

(01-30-2022, 04:34 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 02:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I don't know I saw first hand as Oilers fans, especially season ticket holders, turned on Bud Adams, that team and the Harris County judges when that whole thing fell apart in the 90's.

I grew up an Oilers fan and remained one all the way up to the move to Tennesse.  We moved to Jacksonville in 2001 and I’ve tried my best to be a Jaguars fan.

45 years of futility.

(01-30-2022, 03:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Posted elsewhere but Khan needs to “shad” or get off the pot. Raiders have made their hire today. MN looks like it’s chasing down Harbaugh

Khan has diarrhea.  He’s going to sit on the pot and continue Shading until the other eight teams have hired their HCs and we’re left scraping the bottom of the Bevell.

Hilarious. Shad don't give a Shad about our opinion.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Shoddy Khan???

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 10:20 AM by Mikey.)

(01-28-2022, 09:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:21 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So I can’t keep up.are we keeping or dropping Baalke?

I’ll predict the future for you.   Just ask yourself, “what do we need/want”. Then do the exact opposite.

Great, we just hired Vince Lombardi's corpse as HC. Couldn't even manage to hire a warm body.

(01-29-2022, 09:29 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Hoping for a Tony Kahn bloodless coup over the weekend.

It might be better news than any other hire/fire we could announce.