Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

(01-27-2022, 02:24 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:17 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Oof.

If Vance Joseph does get the interview opportunity, three of the questions I believe Adrian Wilson would ask him are:

1.  What do you believe were the key factors in why the Broncos didn't have more success when you were the HC?

2. What what you do differently a HC in Jacksonville, compared to Denver?.

3. What is your plan to help develop Trevor Lawrence?

I mean I'm the type that's going to support our guy whomever it is until I see the pudding in the regular season, but I felt Vance was going to fail when he was hired in Denver from the get go.  I never felt he was HC material.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2022, 01:04 PM)Jags Wrote: I saw Baalke in Publix and he said he’s .1% sure he has a job
With him, you have to make sure he is dead. Anything >0 means he is still alive and can find a way to survive.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-27-2022, 02:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:24 PM)D6 Wrote: If Vance Joseph does get the interview opportunity, three of the questions I believe Adrian Wilson would ask him are:

1.  What do you believe were the key factors in why the Broncos didn't have more success when you were the HC?

2. What what you do differently a HC in Jacksonville, compared to Denver?.

3. What is your plan to help develop Trevor Lawrence?

I mean I'm the type that's going to support our guy whomever it is until I see the pudding in the regular season, but I felt Vance was going to fail when he was hired in Denver from the get go.  I never felt he was HC material.

I certainly respect where you are coming from. Yet, because the Broncos QB situation was far from being a playoff level asset and that Vance Joseph was probably not ready to become an NFL HC when given the opportunity in Denver,  I think the jury is out on Joseph if given a 2nd opportunity as an NFL HC.

(01-27-2022, 01:04 PM)Jags Wrote: I saw Baalke in Publix and he said he’s .1% sure he has a job

I love that this joke still has life, and I'm not being sarcastic at all. 

On topic, yeah, this sounds like great news.

(01-27-2022, 12:58 PM)Upper Wrote: In regards to the 99.9%...somewhere Baalke is slithering into a crevice in his office and telling himself so you're saying there's a chance.

"If it's not 100% accurate, it's 50% accurate" </meme nobody will get>

I'm good with Wilson being the new GM if this happens.

(01-27-2022, 03:07 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm good with Wilson being the new GM if this happens.

it would make feel a lot better about having Leftwich as HC
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-27-2022, 03:14 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 03:07 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm good with Wilson being the new GM if this happens.

it would make feel a lot better about having Leftwich as HC

I agree with this. I was against Leftwich because Baalke was in the picture. I still prefer a HC with more experience than Leftwich, but if he's working with someone he knows, likes and can work with, he's starting from a less chaotic situation.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Quick glance at 2017 and 2018 with Vance in Denver. In 2017 it looked like both sides of the ball were relatively decent despite the 5 -11 record. They only won one more game in 2018. However, they both fell off production and play wise on both sides of the football.

As D6 mentioned earlier. The QB situation there was and honestly still is not ideal. That's been John Elway's biggest issue since Peyton Manning retired there. He's failed to land "the man" at the QB position. I would prefer Leftwich over Vance. However, it's not a bad start IMHO in the event Baalke is [BLEEP] canned and Adrian Wilson lands this job.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/hawk/status/14867488...82625?s=21

Lot of people seem to be talking like it’s a sure thing , presuming the hold up is just contract details and redundancy packages

(01-27-2022, 02:07 PM)rufftime Wrote: I like the Leftwich hire, but if we went a different direction I won’t be heartbroken.

I REALLY like the idea of Baalke getting the [BLEEP] out of here.  That is the bigger news for me.  I haven’t looked closely at Wilson, but I am a fan of some of the acquisitions AZ has made under him.

Trading for Chandler Jones was good. JJ Watt has been OK when he's on the field. Same goes for Hopkins. 

Draft wise, I can't really say he's the one responsible for Kyler Murray.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

For all the talk of wanting someone more experienced, installing your own GM and getting the wildly unpopular incumbent fired, would be a pretty veteran opening gambit from BL. If he can pull it off

If Byron brought in Godwin and Wilson brought in Kirk I wouldn’t be mad

Keeping this in mind as I keep anxiously refreshing. Of the big national guys Mike has been by far the best about trying to undermine Baalke behind the scenes. He deserves as much kudos as anyone when this is all over, assuming this happens.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/14...2493683713

Reposted:

Heard from my sources that it’s all in the contract negotiations now with Wilson. Legal team NOT baalke. If it gets done, Byron is HC.

Interestingly the rumor claims that this is Tony Khans doing; the pushing for Leftwich and Wilson hiring

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/s...zlkKIpAAAA

(01-27-2022, 04:10 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Reposted:

Heard from my sources that it’s all in the contract negotiations now with Wilson. Legal team NOT baalke. If it gets done, Byron is HC.

Interestingly the rumor claims that this is Tony Khans doing; the pushing for Leftwich and Wilson hiring

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/s...zlkKIpAAAA

Not surprising and good to hear.  Tony seemed very sympathetic to the fan uprising against Baalke

(01-27-2022, 04:10 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Interestingly the rumor claims that this is Tony Khans doing; the pushing for Leftwich and Wilson hiring

I've seen so many tweets saying people league wide have been incredibly impressed with Tony throughout this whole process. If Shad could ever get out of the way and hand over the reigns to Tony I would feel really good about the future of this org.

I told my dad about this,he just had a fit saying its a bad idea caause hes getting his boss fired he isn't a team player.   It seems my dad is only one i know who wants to keep Balke,and says theres no reason to fire him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Wonder if the reason Khan is stuck on Baalke is because there's a lot more with Urban behind the scenes and what the Jaguars knew and when and Khan doesn't want it out. Like there has to be something beyond him thinking he's a good person for the GM spot.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-27-2022, 04:27 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I told my dad about this,he just had a fit saying its a bad idea caause hes getting his boss fired he isn't a team player.   It seems my dad is only one i know who wants to keep Balke,and says theres no reason to fire him.

No offense, but it sounds like your dad isn't super smart.