Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Broncos to trade for Aaron Rodgers? (Discuss)

Green Bay has to be crazy to let him go. The Jaguars made this same stupid mistake with Mark Brunell. Rodgers is kind of a weird guy but 1 of the best of all time. If I was Green Bay and had to trade him, I would want a kings ransom.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everything must come to an end at some point. Green Bay has mismanaged his potential. Just like they did Favre's. It's crazy to think they went from one hall of fame QB to another and somehow only managed to capture just two Superbowl victories between the two of them over the span of 33 years.

I agree though. I want a King's ransom for him for sure. I'll give you Rodgers for 2022's and 2023's 1'st and 2nd RD selections. I will also add a stipulation to the trade. If you make it to the play-off's in year one with Rodgers in 2022. I want your 3rd pick as well in 2023. If you make it to the superbowl and win it from 2022? I want your 1st RD pick in 2024 as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah and do you want to keep some one who wants to go? I say just let him go. They need to reload. They cant afford the wr either. He wants 30 mil. They need to dump and reload

They're fixing to be full tilt in rebuild mode. It's Jordan Love's chance now.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 09:41 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-29-2022, 07:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're fixing to be full tilt in rebuild mode. It's Jordan Love's chance now.

I pray for them then.  Every time I've seen Love he's the epitome of 'deer in the headlights'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-29-2022, 09:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 07:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're fixing to be full tilt in rebuild mode. It's Jordan Love's chance now.

I pray for them then.  Every time I've seen Love he's the epitome of 'deer in the headlights'.

Yep. Same. I could see a sweeping coaching change by the end of 2024 if he struggles. Just makes them look even more foolish for drafting him when they could have upgraded something else to help Rodgers potentially.

Based upon everything I have heard, this is but speculation. Nothing has been confirmed.

That said, if this does come to pass, I wonder what impact this would have on the Jaguars.

It would seem Denver is in need of an edge rusher, as they traded Von Miller to the Rams and Chubb is always hurt. Assuming Denver kept the #9 pick, they would be a candidate to trade up for either Hutchinson or Thibs.

But assuming Denver's #9 is part of a trade fro Aaron Rodgers, the Packers would have the #9 and 28 picks in the first round presumably with two second round picks. They already have good edge rushers for their 3-4 scheme. QB would seem more of a question mnark. Yes, they did draft Jordan Love in the first round a couple of years back, but he hasn't looked great in limited game action. If they are less than sold on him, the fact Aaron Rodgers would force their hand two trade him could drive them to a desperation type move to replace him (a la the Jaguars dying to replace Ramsey and Ngakoue). The question becomes will a QB in this class climb the draft boards to spur demand at the top of the draft? If so, things get interesting, because QB needy teams ahead of the Packers like Detroit, the Giants, and Carolina become potential competitiors for their guy, and a bidding war may ensue.

If the Packers are happy with Jordan Love, then it's possible they would be interested in Evan Neal since Bakhtiari has been injured the past two years. However, they wouldn't necessarily have to go to #1 to get him,. As of now, Detroit is set at T with Sewell and Taylor Decker. After Detroit, however, there is a group of teams that could use a guy like Neal, including Houston at 3, the Jets at 4 and 10 , the Giants at 5 and 7, and Carolina at 6. To be honest, you could make the argument the Jaguars could benefit from Neal but that is an argument for another post. Howeveer, based upon most projections, Miss. St. LT Charles Cross would fit in perfectly for the Packers at 9 should they trade Rodgers to the Broncos.

There was also some talk, fueled mostly by ESPN's Chris canty, that Aaron Rodgers would be a good fit in Indy as a replacement for Wentz. From a purely talent perspective, that would be true. The problem with that scenario is:

1. I've heard Wentz has something like a 38 million cap figure, and I don't see how it can be dumped particularly wasy, nor am I sure how the Colts could absorb a major cap hit by dumping Wentz and adding Aaron Rodgers to the mix.

2. The Colts don't have a first round pick. They don't have the draft capital to make such a move.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-29-2022, 07:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Based upon everything I have heard, this is but speculation.  Nothing has been confirmed.

That said, if this does come to pass, I wonder what impact this would have on the Jaguars.

It would seem Denver is in need of an edge rusher, as they traded Von Miller to the Rams and Chubb is always hurt.  Assuming Denver kept the #9 pick, they would be a candidate to trade up for either Hutchinson or Thibs.

But assuming Denver's #9 is part of a trade fro Aaron Rodgers, the Packers would have the #9 and 28 picks in the first round presumably with two second round picks.  They already have good edge rushers for their 3-4 scheme. QB would seem more of a question mnark.  Yes, they did draft Jordan Love in the first round a couple of years back, but he hasn't looked great in limited game action.  If they are less than sold on him, the fact Aaron Rodgers would force their hand two trade him could drive them to a desperation type move to replace him (a la the Jaguars dying to replace Ramsey and Ngakoue).  The question becomes will a QB in this class climb the draft boards to spur demand at the top of the draft?  If so, things get interesting, because QB needy teams ahead of the Packers like Detroit, the Giants, and Carolina become potential competitiors for their guy, and a bidding war may ensue.

If the Packers are happy with Jordan Love, then it's possible they would be interested in Evan Neal since Bakhtiari has been injured the past two years.  However, they wouldn't necessarily have to go to #1 to get him,.  As of now, Detroit is set at T with Sewell and Taylor Decker.  After Detroit, however, there is a group of teams that could use a guy like Neal, including Houston at 3, the Jets at 4 and 10 , the Giants at 5 and 7, and Carolina at 6.  To be honest, you could make the argument the Jaguars could benefit from Neal but that is an argument for another post.  Howeveer, based upon most projections, Miss. St. LT Charles Cross would fit in perfectly for the Packers at 9 should they trade Rodgers to the Broncos.

There was also some talk, fueled mostly by ESPN's Chris canty, that Aaron Rodgers would be a good fit in Indy as a replacement for Wentz.  From a purely talent perspective, that would be true.  The problem with that scenario is:

1.  I've heard Wentz has something like a 38 million cap figure, and I don't see how it can be dumped particularly wasy, nor am I sure how the Colts could absorb a major cap hit by dumping Wentz and adding Aaron Rodgers to the mix. 

2.  The Colts don't have a first round pick.  They don't have the draft capital to make such a move.

Wentz's cap number is 28 million, but I agree Colts have the cap space (40 million) but don't have the draft assets to swing that deal. 

I can see why Rodgers may want out. The Packers are in cap hell even before they add what they will have to pay Adams.

Looking at the Saint cap space I see why Payton is taking a year off too.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Jordan Love was a bad pick, and he's going to be an even worse starting QB. Pretty much guarantees that Adams is gone as well.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Imagine going from a HOF QB elite WR couple good RBs and solid D to rebuild mode with no stars and Jordan Love as your QB. By choice.

I mean they really should be killing their cap and bending over backwards to make it work with ARod until he's retired.
Then hope they are picking top ten for a good QB.

Suppose they could trade him for a boatload and get lucky in the draft but Jordan Love ain't the dude imo.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 03:55 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-02-2022, 03:41 PM)Kane Wrote:

Imagine going from a HOF QB elite WR couple good RBs and solid D to rebuild mode with no stars and Jordan Love as your QB. By choice.

I mean they really should be killing their cap and bending over backwards to make it work with ARod until he's retired.
Then hope they are picking top ten for a good QB.

Suppose they could trade him for a boatload and get lucky in the draft but Jordan Love ain't the dude imo.

I agree. Didn't like that decision. Didn't get the hype around Jordan Love to begin with. 

Now that Denver is up for sale though? There's no telling if anything like that will happen. Ownership could come on in and completely clean house with Elway and whomever they have at the helm with Hackett, etc. 

Rodgers may not even want to walk into that situation. It's not likely Denver is all that talented or poised to make a run. Hell, if anything? He could end up down in Tampa to pick up right where Brady left off. That would be [BLEEP] hilarious.

If i were Tampa, I'd be talking with Rodgers agent today.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-02-2022, 04:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If i were Tampa, I'd be talking with Rodgers agent today.

Agreed

So where is the source for this? can we start to create topics just making stuff up?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(02-02-2022, 06:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So where is the source for this? can we start to create topics just making stuff up?

I thought about changing it at first but decided it would just die.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato