Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All-time most hated Jaguars

As the coaching search continues, Trent Baalke has become the primary villain and reason why so many candidates apparently would not come here as coach. That got me to thinking where Baalke would currently rank in the list of all-time hated Jaguars. Those eligible for this list must have either played, coached, owned or had any job with this franchise. After giving this some thought, my "top 5" most hated list is:

5. Blaine Gabbert: Jaguars traded up to get him. Had great physical tools, but none of the necessary intangibles (especially leadership). 

4. Urban Meyer: Many questioned his hiring, but had hopes due to his coaching record. Ultimately, he turned out to be even worse than the skeptics predicted, if that's possible.

3. Hugh Douglas: Signed a 5 year $27 million free agency deal, but got cut after 1 season and admitted he basically "stole" whatever money he collected from them.

2. Trent Baalke: May be rated too high, but if Leftwich doesn't sign he could end up #1. Seems like NOBODY except Khan likes this guy.

1. Jalen Ramsay: Among most talented Jaguars ever (behind Freddy T., Jimmy and Boselli), but number 1 among most despicable Jaguars ever to wear the uniform. 

Honorable mention: Shad Khan, for his total incompetence as an NFL owner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 12:51 PM by Jag88.)

If you hate losing and losing in a boring type of way, you might put gus Bradley on the list.

1.-Khan
2.-Baalke
3.-Gene Smith
4.-Meyer
5.-Hugh Douglas
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

No Jerry Porters?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-28-2022, 01:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote: No Jerry Porters?

Was going to give him an honorable mention. Also thought about adding Del Rio, who thought Porter's best days "are ahead of him."

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 01:15 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

To me, this is a two horse race between Hugh Douglas and Jalen Ramsey. I dont hold any ill will against any other player who was giving effort for thier team and just didnt have what it took. But Ramsey quit on his team and Douglas was only invested in getting a paid vacation. Both these players ended up being cancers.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-28-2022, 12:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: If you hate losing and losing in a boring type of way, you might put gus Bradley on the list.

Gus was too nice a guy to hate. On the other hand, Dave Caldwell- the guy who kept Gus way too long- could have easily made this list.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 01:29 PM by mikesez.)

I have to put Gabbert and Bradley near the top because they were multi year debacles. As bad as Who Douglas, Jerry porter, and Urban Meyer were, they only cost the Jags one year each.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Only 5?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 01:30 PM by mikesez.)

What about the guy at Nike who designed the two-tone helmet? We were stuck with those things for what? 4 years? 5 years?

I'll choose two: Blaine Gabbert and Derek Harvey. We traded up in the 1st round to get those guys, and they were busts.

It's bad enough selecting a bust in round one, but then you factor in the capital we gave up ... #DUUUVAL
You're Welcome.

(01-28-2022, 01:33 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: I'll choose two: Blaine Gabbert and Derek Harvey. We traded up in the 1st round to get those guys, and they were busts.

It's bad enough selecting a bust in round one, but then you factor in the capital we gave up ... #DUUUVAL

Remember his martial arts video?!

(01-28-2022, 12:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As the coaching search continues, Trent Baalke has become the primary villain and reason why so many candidates apparently would not come here as coach. That got me to thinking where Baalke would currently rank in the list of all-time hated Jaguars. Those eligible for this list must have either played, coached, owned or had any job with this franchise. After giving this some thought, my "top 5" most hated list is:

5. Blaine Gabbert: Jaguars traded up to get him. Had great physical tools, but none of the necessary intangibles (especially leadership). 

4. Urban Meyer: Many questioned his hiring, but had hopes due to his coaching record. Ultimately, he turned out to be even worse than the skeptics predicted, if that's possible.

3. Hugh Douglas: Signed a 5 year $27 million free agency deal, but got cut after 1 season and admitted he basically "stole" whatever money he collected from them.

2. Trent Baalke: May be rated too high, but if Leftwich doesn't sign he could end up #1. Seems like NOBODY except Khan likes this guy.

1. Jalen Ramsay: Among most talented Jaguars ever (behind Freddy T., Jimmy and Boselli), but number 1 among most despicable Jaguars ever to wear the uniform. 

Honorable mention: Shad Khan, for his total incompetence as an NFL owner.

I dunno why you'd hate on a player who was either over-drafted or just didn't have the ability to make it in the NFL. Even when they fail due to their own shortcomings (i.e. Justin Blackmon, RJ Showard), I wouldn't necessarily hate them. [BLEEP] like Ramsey or lazy bums like Douglas on the other hand...absolutely.

Why isn't Gene Smif on this list by the way? He was handicapped by his lack of talent sure but he was also acutely afflicted by "smartest guy in the room" syndrome. A punter for cryin' out loud? That still rankles. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Everyone on that list tried to succeed... well Urban was a moron. But still...

Hugh Douglas is the worst.

5. Aaron Ross
4. Gene Smith
3. Urban Meyer
2. Jalen Ramsey
1. Who Douglas

Honorable Mention: Greggg Williams. Hated not necessarily due to his stint on the payroll, but we all know why. It says a lot about the top five that I couldn't find a way to justify putting this sentient pile of dog doo on the list.

(01-28-2022, 01:43 PM)Mikey Wrote: 5. Aaron Ross
4. Gene Smith
3. Urban Meyer
2. Jalen Ramsey
1. Who Douglas

Honorable Mention: Greggg Williams. Hated not necessarily due to his stint on the payroll, but we all know why. It says a lot about the top five that I couldn't find a way to justify putting this sentient pile of dog doo on the list.
At least Ross helped our tourism since he said Jacksonville was a good place to "take a vacation."

5. Marcellus Wiley. Like Douglas, he admitted to just being here for a paid vacation.
4. Gene Smith. Incompetent boob.
3. Who Douglas. See #5
2. Urban Meyer. For being a dumpster fire.
1. Jalen Ramsey. For same reasons as OP.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Not saying he should be on the list, but what about Fournette to add to the discussion? The way he kind of self-destructed in the end with throwing punches at a fan, etc.?

no mention of the Tree Stump and the Axe as most hated? who are you guys haha

my top 5.

1) Gene Smith
2) Ramsey
3) Caldwell
4)Baalke
5) Meyer

Baalke & Khan are going to need to be added to the list