Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
question if we draft Evan Neal will he be LT or RT..

Personally i want him on the right side because of the run.. i think with his size he can play RT really well.. We resign Cam and have Little backing him up.. Norwell walks along with AJ Cann i think we resign Cam like i said i think Linder goes to FA as well.. Jawaan Taylor walks in FA we need a starting Center, starting RG, starting LG, depth for both Guard and Tackle spots (backups 3rd string)..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't even want to think about such an asinine move, but if Baalke stays, it probably happens.

RT

Completely up to what happens in March with Cam Robinson. If Cam is brought back. I will assume he's the LT and if they draft Neal he'll be playing RT. If they don't resign Cam. I could see it being an open competition between Neal and Little for LT and the loser of that battle will more than likely roll Taylor off of RT and into a G position or onto the trading block.

Either way. I don't like the idea of them drafting him to begin with. He's not Anthony Munoz. He's not Jonathan Ogden. He's not Tony Boselli. He's not Orlando Pace. Praying for a trading partner at this point. Not sold on Thibodeaux and Hutchinson. I would still take Hutchinson out of those three though if I had to make a selection though. His one big year is impressive. However, him and Thibodeaux both have a history of injuries that are concerning.

They're going to be asked to exert more force, strength and speed at this level. If you're already struggling to hold up well at the NCAA level it's not going to get any easier at this level. Hopefully this next coaching staff has a strong strength and conditioning coach in place to emphasize keeping these guys healthy and on a good, incremental program to build natural endurance without breaking something early.

This team's luck with injuries and first round picks are ugly.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-29-2022, 10:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Completely up to what happens in March with Cam Robinson. If Cam is brought back. I will assume he's the LT and if they draft Neal he'll be playing RT. If they don't resign Cam. I could see it being an open competition between Neal and Little for LT and the loser of that battle will more than likely roll Taylor off of RT and into a G position or onto the trading block.

Either way. I don't like the idea of them drafting him to begin with. He's not Anthony Munoz. He's not Jonathan Ogden. He's not Tony Boselli. He's not Orlando Pace. Praying for a trading partner at this point. Not sold on Thibodeaux and Hutchinson. I would still take Hutchinson out of those three though if I had to make a selection though. His one big year is impressive. However, him and Thibodeaux both have a history of injuries that are concerning.

They're going to be asked to exert more force, strength and speed at this level. If you're already struggling to hold up well at the NCAA level it's not going to get any easier at this level. Hopefully this next coaching staff has a strong strength and conditioning coach in place to emphasize keeping these guys healthy and on a good, incremental program to build natural endurance without breaking something early.

This team's luck with injuries and first round picks are ugly.

Yea, what the Jaguars do in free agency will logically determine who they draft with the first pick. I'm in total agreement that trading the first pick is the only way to go for the reasons you stated. If they "fail" to trade, they should select one of the 2 pass rushers. If they trade back to pick 5-10, I wouldn't be against taking Neal or Ekwonu, especially if they let Robinson go. Strengthening the offensive line is top priority along with receiver and that includes having at least one player who can be a solid backup at tackle in case of injury.

Bucky Brooks has the jags drafting neal with the #1 pick

If you're not 100% sure he's a LT, forget him. Draft one of the DE's or trade down. You don't use the #1 overall pick on a RT.

(01-30-2022, 01:03 PM)pwgj2882 Wrote: If you're not 100% sure he's a LT, forget him. Draft one of the DE's or trade down. You don't use the #1 overall pick on a RT.

What it they felt he could be the next Wirfs.  If he could be the next Wirfs, future All Pro RT you dont think he would be worth it?  I think that could be huge for Trevor and his development

If the topic's assumption is that Evan Neal is taken #1, then I believe he would initially be a RT. Cam and Walker are LTs.

(01-30-2022, 04:56 PM)ATLjag Wrote: If the topic's assumption is that Evan Neal is taken #1, then I believe he would initially be a RT.  Cam and Walker are LTs.

Yes,  unless they tag Cam and give Neal the Ogden treatment and play him at guard until next year.  I don't think we tag Cam though with all the good LTs on the market like Armstead, Orlando Brown, Trent Brown etc.

(01-30-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 04:56 PM)ATLjag Wrote: If the topic's assumption is that Evan Neal is taken #1, then I believe he would initially be a RT.  Cam and Walker are LTs.

Yes,  unless they tag Cam and give Neal the Ogden treatment and play him at guard until next year.  I don't think we tag Cam though with all the good LTs on the market like Armstead, Orlando Brown, Trent Brown etc.

Trent Brown is a RT.

(01-30-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You named a RT, a guy who has zero chance of hitting the open market, and a guy who has like a 1% chance of hitting the open market.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 09:22 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-30-2022, 08:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes,  unless they tag Cam and give Neal the Ogden treatment and play him at guard until next year.  I don't think we tag Cam though with all the good LTs on the market like Armstead, Orlando Brown, Trent Brown etc.

Trent Brown is a RT.
Yes, we need a RT

(01-29-2022, 12:54 AM)chris hill Wrote: Personally i want him on the right side because of the run.. i think with his size he can play RT really well.. We resign Cam and have Little backing him up.. Norwell walks along with AJ Cann i think we resign Cam like i said i think Linder goes to FA as well.. Jawaan Taylor walks in FA we need a starting Center, starting RG, starting LG, depth for both Guard and Tackle spots (backups 3rd string)..

You don't draft an RT with R1 P1. At least you don't intentionally.

Jags had a big bust who was drafted this high. Remember joke. He was a nice college player though

If the Ravens draft Jonathan Ogden will be be a LT or a RT?

Answer: NEITHER. He played LG his entire rookie season, and won rookie of the year.

I wouldn't sweat it so much. He can play anywhere on the offensive line. And besides, aren't LTs and RTs both facing elite pass rushers now?

(02-11-2022, 03:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If the Ravens draft Jonathan Ogden will be be a LT or a RT? 

Answer: NEITHER.  He played LG his entire rookie season, and won rookie of the year. 

I wouldn't sweat it so much.  He can play anywhere on the offensive line.  And besides, aren't LTs and RTs both facing elite pass rushers now?

Evan Neal should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Jonathan Ogden. Ogden is a Hall of Fame OT. Neal is closer to Cam Robinson than he is Jonathan Ogden.

The idea of taking an OT in the draft and possibly playing him initially at OG, got me thinking. Ben Batch was taken in the 4th round of the 2020 draft. Bartch was a LT with only 2 years experience at the position (a converted TE) for a division III school. He showed tremendous "plus movement" and learning ability, but scouts/analysts knew he needed experience, technique, and strength. Since being drafted, he has gained mass/strength (supposedly now 6'6 315) and gained experience at the NFL level. Jags put him at OG. Just curious for thoughts....Is Bartch locked in at OG long term, or do you think they will try him at a tackle spot?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 06:02 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-11-2022, 04:20 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The idea of taking an OT in the draft and possibly playing him initially at OG, got me thinking.  Ben Batch was taken in the 4th round of the 2020 draft.  Bartch was a LT with only 2 years experience at the position (a converted TE) for a division III school.  He showed tremendous "plus movement" and learning ability, but scouts/analysts knew he needed experience, technique, and strength.  Since being drafted, he has gained mass/strength (supposedly now 6'6 315) and gained experience at the NFL level.  Jags put him at OG.  Just curious for thoughts....Is Bartch locked in at OG long term, or do you think they will try him at a tackle spot?

Lageman was singing his praises a lot last year on 1010XL. I think he's a starting guard that ultimately replaces Norwell or Cann this summer. It's really Linder's history of injuries and contract with age, Robinson's contract situation and Taylor's regression at RT that open a lot of questions. 

I think Walker Little is going to be the starter at LT if they let Cam Robinson walk and don't target Terron Armstead. I think you could make an argument that they're probably looking at Brandon Scherff to add some experience and consistency at RT in hopes of either trading Taylor or kicking Taylor in at guard. 

I know some people are not a fan of this but I think it will ultimately benefit the team so much more in the long run. If they somehow pull of a trade and they have a chance to take Linderbaum? You have to do it IMHO. He's too good to pass up on within reason. I also think, much like Bartch? There's guys like Raimann, Goedeke, Diesch & Vrabel that you could take later on in the draft and develop behind Scherff or push Taylor at RT this summer.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I don't care if he plays RT, I just want to end the first round busts.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]