Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen was right to leave

Yes, the rams sold out for their Super Bowl. One and done for a while if not years and years perhaps.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could see the Chargers a possibility. He has wanted to play with Derwin James "I went out with a bang". He has always been about himself and not the team.

(01-13-2023, 04:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yes, the rams sold out for their Super Bowl. One and done for a while if not years and years perhaps.

Just like my lakers. Lakers will probably be in cap and draft hell for longer than the rams but that seems to be the LA way.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2023, 04:56 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Who cares? He's on the downside of his career. The only thing propping it up lately is his mouth. This team has bigger topics to discuss moving forward than Mr. Cornerback-ache.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2023, 09:53 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thanks again, Jalen. You contributed mightily to the ride that was the 2017 season which put us in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years or whatever. You also contributed mightily to this team’s future sustained success by helping lead us to Trevor. It makes the actual compensation for the trade you forced almost irrelevant.

You leaving was a low point, but low points are required along with a little luck to land a top QB like Trevor and a top QB will have you in the playoffs most years. I don’t know if you were right to force your way out, but god bless you for doing so.

We couldn’t have known at the time that the darkness had not yet peaked, but the new dawn is most definitely here and the sun now looks to shine on Jacksonville for the next 12 years or so. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being you.

(01-14-2023, 09:52 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Thanks again, Jalen.  You contributed mightily to the ride that was the 2017 season which put us in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years or whatever.  You also contributed mightily to this team’s future sustained success by helping lead us to Trevor.  It makes the actual compensation for the trade you forced almost irrelevant. 

You leaving was a low point, but low points are required along with a little luck to land a top QB like Trevor and a top QB will have you in the playoffs most years. I don’t know if you were right to force your way out, but god bless you for doing so. 

We couldn’t have known at the time that the darkness had not yet peaked, but the new dawn is most definitely here and the sun now looks to shine on Jacksonville for the next 12 years or so.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for being you.
Lol

(01-13-2023, 11:56 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...jtHkg&s=19

Figured this would best fit here..

Hahaha, ahhh Jalen... Brilliant! Always the first man off the ship at the first sign of a losing record!

You've got to admire it in a way ... If they'd had him on the Titanic they'd all have made it through, ... He'd have launched the lifeboats in southampton harbour!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 04:20 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

(01-29-2022, 06:42 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: This is and has been a house of dysfunction. He was right to get the hell away from here before wasting his talents. When you mean you have a chance to right the ship but choose to stay the course and hit the iceberg ala Titanic. It proves his point and before the he is trash crowd come here running their mouth about he got beat on one play. You right one just one but he still played light-years above what we have he's in the Conference Championship and all we got is Miles Jack wasn't down. SMDH

Is that why he wants to come back?  He's on a team now that is heading to salary cap doom.  They all-inned for last year and that's all they're going to have to rest their hat on for years and years to come.  The Jaguars ship isn't sinking at all.  I don't think he'd fit the current locker room vibe.  He'd be an unnecessary diva but we could use a top corner to get over the hump (but so could 31 other teams).

(01-14-2023, 09:52 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Thanks again, Jalen. You contributed mightily to the ride that was the 2017 season which put us in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years or whatever. You also contributed mightily to this team’s future sustained success by helping lead us to Trevor. It makes the actual compensation for the trade you forced almost irrelevant.

We couldn’t have known at the time that the darkness had not yet peaked, but the new dawn is most definitely here and the sun now looks to shine on Jacksonville for the next 12 years or so. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being you.

Please do not allow this declining CB back into the building unless you want to kill the unity of this locker room. Let him go fake his back injuries elsewhere.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-15-2023, 06:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 09:52 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Thanks again, Jalen.  You contributed mightily to the ride that was the 2017 season which put us in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years or whatever.  You also contributed mightily to this team’s future sustained success by helping lead us to Trevor.  It makes the actual compensation for the trade you forced almost irrelevant. 

We couldn’t have known at the time that the darkness had not yet peaked, but the new dawn is most definitely here and the sun now looks to shine on Jacksonville for the next 12 years or so.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for being you.

Please do not allow this declining CB back into the building unless you want to kill the unity of this locker room. Let him go fake his back injuries elsewhere.

Don’t confuse my appreciation for the ride that led to Trevor as admiration for a douche bag.

(01-15-2023, 08:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 06:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Please do not allow this declining CB back into the building unless you want to kill the unity of this locker room. Let him go fake his back injuries elsewhere.

Don’t confuse my appreciation for the ride that led to Trevor as admiration for a douche bag.

Duly noted.

I’d take Ramsey back in a heart beat.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2023, 03:11 PM by Jag88.)

I would take him back too. Don’t get me wrong. I think it was messed up how he left but business is business. The guy was one of my favorite jags ever. He’s a good player.

(01-13-2023, 10:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 04:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yes, the rams sold out for their Super Bowl. One and done for a while if not years and years perhaps.

Just like my lakers. Lakers will probably be in cap and draft hell for longer than the rams but that seems to be the LA way.

Yes lol. Well Lebrun is going to grab the all time scoring title and then go play with his son on some nba team potentially.

(01-16-2023, 11:32 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’d take Ramsey back in a heart beat.

Yeah, let’s [BLEEP] up the chemistry Pederson has built by bringing in a guy that cares about nobody but himself.  Brilliant move…NOT!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Baalke and Pederson signed several free agents who for the most part were already good players. It is also clear that high character was also a criteria for who they went after. Kirk, Engram, Jones, Schereff, Oluakan, Fatukasi and Williams have all proven to be "team players" who have contributed to the new culture of the Jaguars. The same can be said of Walker, Lloyd and Muma, the top draft picks this season.

Ramsay is the exact opposite of this. He only cares about "me" and will quickly throw teammates under the bus. Sure, he is a talented player but his liabilities far outweigh the contributions he makes on the field. For me, I give a "hard pass" on even considering bringing him back.

The guy is a locker room cancer.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

As others have said, he is a locker room cancer.  And honestly he is overrated.  He shows up a few games here or there but he is burnt toast far too often.  He has all the talent but for whatever reason his play doesnt live up to his raw talent.  Combine that with his attitude, and he just isn't worth it.  

He is at best a one year gun for hire.

Hell to the no!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I’d want him back on the Jags so Engram can end up knocking Jalen out in practice.

Not in a million years.  He faked an injury so he could leave here.  I'd never take a guy back after that.  Never ever.