Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mr. Khan, FIRE BAALKE!!

(01-30-2022, 08:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 07:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags. Need to look to the bangles as a great example
We do need playmakers and a more solid D overall.  Imo, the Bengals showed that the chiefs aren't as dominant and unbeatable as previously foreseen, when they took over the league under Mahomes a couple years ago.

Solid Defense and 2022 standard top 10ish scoring offense and anything is possible.  This isn't a Brady Era takeover which makes me happy to see.  The AFC is winnable and bills and Bengals were close games with our garbage scheming majority of the year.  HIGH HOPES!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm glad you mentioned this.

Every year, the endless debate of building through the trenches vs. building with playmakers continues.

The Bengals illustrate the building with playmakers philosophy at work.

Dating back to 2016-six years to this season-of twelve (12) possible first and second round picks the Bengals had, exactlly three (3) of them were spent on offensive linemen:

2021 2md round pick Jackson Carman OL Clemson
2019 1st round pick Jonah Williams, T, Alabama
2018 1st round pick Billy Price, C, Ohio State

The remaining nine, conversely, were spent on skill position players.

2021 1st round pick Jamarr Chase, WR, LSU
2020 1st round pick Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2020 2nd round pick Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
2019 2nd round pick Drew Sample, TE, Washington
2018 2nd round pick Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest
2017 1st round pick John Ross, WR, Washington
2017 2nd round pick Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
2016 1st round pick William Jackson, CB, Houston
2016 2nd round pick Tyler boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t.../draft.htm

Yes, we need to improve the lines, especially on offense.

But we also need the skill position players.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2022, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 08:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We do need playmakers and a more solid D overall.  Imo, the Bengals showed that the chiefs aren't as dominant and unbeatable as previously foreseen, when they took over the league under Mahomes a couple years ago.

Solid Defense and 2022 standard top 10ish scoring offense and anything is possible.  This isn't a Brady Era takeover which makes me happy to see.  The AFC is winnable and bills and Bengals were close games with our garbage scheming majority of the year.  HIGH HOPES!

Every year, the endless debate of building through the trenches vs. building with playmakers continues.

Dating back to 2016-six years to this season-of twelve (12) possible first and second round picks the Bengals had, exactlly three (3) of them were spent on offensive linemen:

The biggest reason for the Bengals turnaround was that after years of failing and being the laughingstock of the NFL, Mike Brown turned over almost all of his duties running the team to his daughter, Katie Blackburn. She is very smart and began building the team the way it needed to be built. What you see now, is her creation. Someone needs to tell Shad that it is time to turn over the keys to Tony.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 09:47 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-30-2022, 08:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm glad you mentioned this.

The biggest reason for the Bengals turnaround was that after years of failing and being the laughingstock of the NFL, Mike Brown turned over almost all of his duties running the team to his daughter, Katie Blackburn. She is very smart and began building the team the way it needed to be built. What you see now, is her creation. Someone needs to tell Shad that it is time to turn over the keys to Tony.
You are talking about a historic franchise, team wise, changing ownership and going to a more modern philosophy. Shad has in no way resembled that structure. He barely knows what he's doing, albeit I don't know how long the Bengals owner ran the franchise until his daughter took over. Completely different but shows ur faith in TK.

(01-30-2022, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 08:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We do need playmakers and a more solid D overall.  Imo, the Bengals showed that the chiefs aren't as dominant and unbeatable as previously foreseen, when they took over the league under Mahomes a couple years ago.

I prefer skill positions but not top 5 unless there is a huge drop in talent via the trenches. TOP 3 was and still is a huge NO, but after that, 4 maybe 5 - 32 I'm game for a game changer with how the league is now.

talk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 10:31 AM by Mikey.)

(01-29-2022, 08:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: This should be the easiest decision you have ever made. We the fans don’t get why you are being so stubborn about this. Please, for the sake of this franchise, fire the bum and let’s move forward!!

@This was worth posting in a new thread.@

(01-30-2022, 07:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Flooding my email with buy Tbow crap was insulting this is injury. I know it seems silly to be this worked up but this is one of the longest relationships in my life and it has been a failure with Khan as the owner.

Khan has no ties to the franchise history and doesn't understand the fans.

Understanding the fans is one thing.  He has shown little to give anyone confidence he's Understanding the football side on the field at all.

This.

I don't care whether he listens to the fans. Remember that fans of teams were all for guys like Manziel, Tebow, Freddie Kitchens as coach, etc.
But when prime candidates tell you that they refuse to work with a key cog in your front office repeatedly, the smoke should tell you something is burning.

(01-30-2022, 07:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags. Need to look to the bangles as a great example

Manic Monday?

The single reason the Jaguars coaching search is a disaster

[Image: 1331352365.0.jpg]

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2022/1/31/...n-leftwich
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Whelp that article sure is self serving but dang the guy is cemented in place and gets to rule over the process. I hooe Bevell sticks it up the team's backside.

Burn it down. It ia sad that they are screwing over Trevor in the process.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 02:17 PM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

When Baalke eventually gets fired from here, he will be a pariah for the rest of the league. He will never be GM anywhere near the NFL again. I just don't get Khan's thinking on this, I think he really is pissed off about the clown thing. Maybe if all wrote an apology letter he will finally do the right thing. You know, billionaires and their fragile egos.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Who asked Shad that question? And how did Uche find out?

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:09 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2022, 03:04 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaxonFil/status/1488224145804570628

I sure hope that isn’t true.  If so, then just wow! I’ve got to think there is more to it than openly admitting incompetence.  Me thinks people are just throwing [BLEEP] against the wall for the fun of it at this point.

You would ask yourself...... can any of this be true?

If it isn't true, it makes evwrything that much worse. This owner thinks he can go his own way and make it. If I was Jerry Jones, I would be pissed that Khan is throwing away Jerry's hard earned money.I use to believe in small market sharing but Khan ia ruining that too.

This franchise is allergic to football.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Petition to fire Baalke 

https://chng.it/85RR9jmQkL

[Image: tumblr_mn6giumCur1rzdvhxo4_250.gifv]

(01-31-2022, 03:04 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaxonFil/status/1488224145804570628

That sounds like a made up thing. Although nothing would surprise me at this point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Khan is taking it to the bank.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2022...8-billion/

Khan: So do you have a list of potential HC's for me to hire?

Baalke: Of course, sir! Here it is.

(Every Offensive and Defensive Coordinator in the league, plus every college head coach and offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. ALl the special teams guys too)

In the end, we're going to end up with Mo Drayton as our head coach or something, because nobody wants to work with Baalke except Shad Khan.

(01-29-2022, 08:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Bevell and Baalke for 2022.

And with the first pick in the draft for the 3rd time in a row, the Jaguars select ____________,  punter from Wyoming.

Wyoming Wingard would be happy.

[Image: FKdLAJjWUAA-z-B?format=jpg&name=small]

(01-31-2022, 06:23 PM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FKdLAJjWUAA-z-B?format=jpg&name=small]

Where are those fellas hanging?  Looks like they could use some company.