Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mr. Khan, FIRE BAALKE!!

(02-03-2022, 11:46 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: You really want this guy?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/twe...uxbndlbing

Not anymore.  I want Zimmer’s girlfriend running the team, and I want Maxim sponsoring our stadium.   Maybe then we’ll sell some season tickets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2022, 11:57 AM)Rtomfin2022 Wrote:

Not anymore.  I want Zimmer’s girlfriend running the team, and I want Maxim sponsoring our stadium.   Maybe then we’ll sell some season tickets.
I'm with you on that one!!

[Image: FKo5C20WQAgyaG3?format=jpg&name=large]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

A GM that selects Danielle Hunter in the 3rd Round and Stefan Diggs in the 5th Round,  and is a master at accumulating draft picks,  has plenty of positives to offer an NFL team.   Without saying,  part of an interview with Rick Spielman should be questions regarding his working relationship with Mike Zimmer.

(02-03-2022, 01:23 PM)D6 Wrote:

A GM that selects Danielle Hunter in the 3rd Round and Stefan Diggs in the 5th Round,  and is a master at accumulating draft picks,  has plenty of positives to offer an NFL team.   Without saying,  part of an interview with Rick Spielman should be questions regarding his working relationship with Mike Zimmer.
He was there over 10 years ... I hope he made a couple of good picks.
Free agency really wasn't too good to him though. His quarterbacks bombed big time, although he won't have to face that here.

(02-03-2022, 01:40 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 01:23 PM)D6 Wrote: A GM that selects Danielle Hunter in the 3rd Round and Stefan Diggs in the 5th Round,  and is a master at accumulating draft picks,  has plenty of positives to offer an NFL team.   Without saying,  part of an interview with Rick Spielman should be questions regarding his working relationship with Mike Zimmer.
He was there over 10 years ... I hope he made a couple of good picks.
Free agency really wasn't too good to him though. His quarterbacks bombed big time, although he won't have to face that here.

The Vikings signing of Giants UFA DT Linval Joseph was one of the best FA moves in the NFL in the last decade.  Granted, Rick Spielman had his share of mistakes.  But not many NFL teams had more high end players than the Vikings.

I remember when I was so innocent and didnt care about a gm.

(02-03-2022, 01:50 PM)D6 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 01:40 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: He was there over 10 years ... I hope he made a couple of good picks.

The Vikings signing of Giants UFA DT Linval Joseph was one of the best FA moves in the NFL in the last decade.  Granted, Rick Spielman had his share of mistakes.  But not many NFL teams had more high end players than the Vikings.

One thing I know he whiffed on was D backs. He'd draft them and they sucked. He'd release or trade them and, POOF, they were world beaters. I think the Bengals have one and that Hughes in KC. Maddening if you're a Viking fan.

(02-03-2022, 04:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 01:50 PM)D6 Wrote: The Vikings signing of Giants UFA DT Linval Joseph was one of the best FA moves in the NFL in the last decade.  Granted, Rick Spielman had his share of mistakes.  But not many NFL teams had more high end players than the Vikings.

One thing I know he whiffed on was D backs. He'd draft them and they sucked. He'd release or trade them and, POOF, they were world beaters. I think the Bengals have one and that Hughes in KC. Maddening if you're a Viking fan.

If they only got good after they left, that's more of a coaching/player development problem than a GM/talent acquisition problem.

(02-03-2022, 04:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 01:50 PM)D6 Wrote: The Vikings signing of Giants UFA DT Linval Joseph was one of the best FA moves in the NFL in the last decade.  Granted, Rick Spielman had his share of mistakes.  But not many NFL teams had more high end players than the Vikings.

Two of Rick Spielman's draft selections in the latter portion of Round 1 were S Harrison Smith and CB Xavier Rhodes a year later.   Both have been high quality NFL DBs.  

CB Trae Waynes didn't pan out and hasn't done much with the Bengals. There's no question that as well as some of Rick Spielman's GM decisions have panned out,  he's had some big misses.  

Injuries were a huge factor in Mike Hughes not reaching his potential in Minnesota.

Baalke is laughing at us all.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-03-2022, 05:44 PM)D6 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 04:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: One thing I know he whiffed on was D backs. He'd draft them and they sucked. He'd release or trade them and, POOF, they were world beaters. I think the Bengals have one and that Hughes in KC. Maddening if you're a Viking fan.

Two of Rick Spielman's draft selections in the latter portion of Round 1 were S Harrison Smith and CB Xavier Rhodes a year later.   Both have been high quality NFL DBs.  

CB Trae Waynes didn't pan out and hasn't done much with the Bengals. There's no question that as well as some of Rick Spielman's GM decisions have panned out,  he's had some big misses.  

Injuries were a huge factor in Mike Hughes not reaching his potential in Minnesota.

Waynes missed the entire 2020 season here with the Bengals and has only played 5 games this season due to injury. When he did play, he looked good, but that guy just cannot stay healthy.

(02-03-2022, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:44 PM)D6 Wrote: Two of Rick Spielman's draft selections in the latter portion of Round 1 were S Harrison Smith and CB Xavier Rhodes a year later.   Both have been high quality NFL DBs.  

Waynes missed the entire 2020 season here with the Bengals and has only played 5 games this season due to injury. When he did play, he looked good, but that guy just cannot stay healthy.

The Bengals have one of the best 2022 Salary Cap situations.  Yet,  because of Trae Waynes' lack of durability,  he could be in serious danger of being a salary cap casualty in the coming weeks.  A $10 plus million salary cap savings would be tempting under the circumstance of Waynes not being able to stay on the field since coming to Cincinnati. 

If Trae Waynes hits the open market,  it will be interesting to see if he gets a multi-year offer that's worth accepting.  A one year prove it contract,  with heavy incentives,  seems like the more likely outcome of he's a cap casualty.

Now, all Khan has to do is #FireBaalke

(02-03-2022, 12:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FKo5C20WQAgyaG3?format=jpg&name=large]

Boycott it

I'm still a little raw about Baalke still being here. If only because it demonstrates how stubborn Khan is being about him. Baalke is BAD for this team, he is a liability and not an asset. C'mon Khan, I thought you were a business man... Tighten up..

Baalke and Pederson seem to be on the same page. Lets hope that mutual admiration continues.

Looks like they are going to bring in Rick Spielmen. Only a matter of time before Baalke is thrown in the trash can.

That pick of Travis Etinne is looking awful now.
Should have traded up for Najee Harris.

You will grow to dislike Spielman. He was futile for the Vikings.
Etienne will be a very good player. He said himself that he'll be ready for training camp.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 12:38 AM by Jag88.)

(02-05-2022, 11:43 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Looks like they are going to bring in Rick Spielmen.  Only a matter of time before Baalke is thrown in the trash can.

That pick of Travis Etinne is looking awful now.
Should have traded up for Najee Harris.

Absolutely wrong. I didnt see much explosion from Harris. Hes a solid back, but I'm not convinced. As far as travis e, we dont know yet. There are some high Hope's for him. Jags had such bad luck with offensive injuries to key speed explosive players in the 2021 season.

(02-05-2022, 12:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 12:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FKo5C20WQAgyaG3?format=jpg&name=large]

Boycott it

Haha. Well, it's time to hope he does well for the fans and teams sake.