Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(01-31-2022, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It seemed like Doug was an afterthought until the situation with Byron started happening.

What changed? Why is he just now getting a second interview?

I had Doug as my top choice when we fired Meyer, but these are legit questions.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...nt-nowhere
Ouch. The whole league knows this is a dysfunctional place.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

God I would be so much happier with Doug Pederson or Jim Caldwell over Byron.

Pederson being hired would salvage this whole debacle for me.

(01-31-2022, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It seemed like Doug was an afterthought until the situation with Byron started happening.

What changed? Why is he just now getting a second interview?

I had Doug as my top choice when we fired Meyer, but these are legit questions.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...nt-nowhere

Interesting article on possibly Pederson's initial perspective.  Pederson was (and is) my first choice when this process started, as I think this organization would be best served with a head coach with experience.

Whomever we hire as our next HC, we need to get it done ASAP. Positional coaches are getting thin.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-01-2022, 08:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...drYYB88o1w
Literally nothing has changed about the Jags setup

I think Pederson may realize this is his chance back in.

(02-01-2022, 09:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...drYYB88o1w
Literally nothing has changed about the Jags setup

I'm sure this is what will be one of the things in the discussion.   Shad might be willing to give Pederson more roster control.  That one one of the issues in Philly

It's been nearly a week since I reminded folks of it, and I don't like potentially settling for this either, but we need to remember this:

Baalke is apparently a snake, yes, but Khan did give Meyer personnel final say over him, and that may indeed be the case again with a new HC.

It's not by any means ideal, but it's worth considering as we gnash our teeth over Baalke's apparent retention.

(02-01-2022, 09:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's been nearly a week since I reminded folks of it, and I don't like potentially settling for this either, but we need to remember this:

Baalke is apparently a snake, yes, but Khan did give Meyer personnel final say over him, and that may indeed be the case again with a new HC.

It's not by any means ideal, but it's worth considering as we gnash our teeth over Baalke's apparent retention.

Why keep that cancer in the building? With him here that leaves the door open for him to undermine the new coach and for him to continue to play his snaky games. Nah man, he needs to be gone!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We all know, but unfortunately he is still there. Next best case may be a senior head coach like pederson who could be given ultimate roster control.

Since he's under contract, Khan should make him a janitor. Have him clean the bathrooms, take out the trash, walk around outside and pickup trash etc.

I hope balkie gets fired just so the board can stop having a fit about it. Also jagaurs Twitter. It's everybody hates balkie

Yeah at the end of the day i’m not worried about it as long as we can hire a good coach. I think his draft actually looks pretty promising from last year. My main concern this whole time has been the coaching search.

(02-01-2022, 10:17 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah at the end of the day i’m not worried about it as long as we can hire a good coach. I think his draft actually looks pretty promising from last year. My main concern this whole time has been the coaching search.

lol, he had a slam dunk first pick that my 13 year old could have made. Besides that, how many draft picks actually played? His draft is a still wait to be seen scenario at best.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-01-2022, 09:10 AM)Newton Wrote: I think Pederson may realize this is his chance back in.

That's my worry. If Pederson is only relenting on his no Baalke stance because the rest of the league rebuffed him so hard then I don't want Pederson.

(02-01-2022, 08:53 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...nt-nowhere

Interesting article on possibly Pederson's initial perspective.  Pederson was (and is) my first choice when this process started, as I think this organization would be best served with a head coach with experience.

I agree completely - it's even more important if Baalke stays. 

I am interested in knowing why other teams haven't snapped Pederson up, however. That's a big surprising.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488...gr%5Etweet

We might be getting a new GM. Idk if its over Baalke or if Baalke gets fired...

(02-01-2022, 10:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488...gr%5Etweet

We might be getting a new GM. Idk if its over  Baalke or if Baalke gets fired...

well, this is encouraging.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]