Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(02-01-2022, 11:01 AM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 10:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488...gr%5Etweet

We might be getting a new GM. Idk if its over  Baalke or if Baalke gets fired...

well, this is encouraging.

Also note, Pederson and Spielman share the same agent....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Spielman is excellent and Pederson is acceptable, provided Baalke is gone.

(02-01-2022, 10:17 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah at the end of the day i’m not worried about it as long as we can hire a good coach. I think his draft actually looks pretty promising from last year. My main concern this whole time has been the coaching search.

A coach can only do so much with the roster he is given. A roster built by the GM. Having a good GM is way more important than a Head Coach.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-01-2022, 10:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488...gr%5Etweet

We might be getting a new GM. Idk if its over  Baalke or if Baalke gets fired...

My top GM ive wanted If we hire my top GM and HC7

(02-01-2022, 10:46 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 09:10 AM)Newton Wrote: I think Pederson may realize this is his chance back in.

That's my worry. If Pederson is only relenting on his no Baalke stance because the rest of the league rebuffed him so hard then I don't want Pederson.

1000% agreed.

This to me explains why Pederson got a second interview; the team most likely told him they interviewed [Spielman] and now he is open to the job of HC again.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:15 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we can get Spielman and Pederson, this would be the best hiring in franchise history imo. My top GM and HC, [BLEEP] yeah

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:17 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

IHuge news, but let's not get overwhelmed with excitement until it actually happens. Dont count the chickens

(02-01-2022, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote: Spielman is excellent and Pederson is acceptable, provided Baalke is gone.

Minnesota has had 4 winning seasons since 2012, when Spielman came to the Vikings. He's had a losing record the last 2 seasons. He may be respected around the league, but there has to be better options than this. I know getting rid of Baalke is priority #1, but c'mon, can't we get someone from a winning organization that knows to put together a good roster?

Only if Baalke is out. It's been rumroed that Baalke stays as GM and Spielman is assistant GM or EVP...those don't work for me. The cancer will metastasize if we don't cut it all out.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:20 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2022, 11:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we can get Spielman and Pederson, this would be the best hiring in franchise history imo.  My top GM and HC, [BLEEP] yeah

Seeing as all your takes pretty much suck... this would be the end of the Jags.

#TebowUnfairTreatment

(02-01-2022, 11:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote: Spielman is excellent and Pederson is acceptable, provided Baalke is gone.

Minnesota has had 4 winning seasons since 2012, when Spielman came to the Vikings. He's had a losing record the last 2 seasons. He may be respected around the league, but there has to be better options than this. I know getting rid of Baalke is priority #1, but c'mon, can't we get someone from a winning organization that knows to put together a good roster?

They got stuck in QB purgatory. The rest of the roster was always very solid.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:24 AM by Ronster.)

(02-01-2022, 11:19 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we can get Spielman and Pederson, this would be the best hiring in franchise history imo.  My top GM and HC, [BLEEP] yeah

Seeing as all your takes pretty much suck... this would be the end of the Jags.

#TebowUnfairTreatment

Pot, meet kettle.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-01-2022, 11:24 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:19 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Seeing as all your takes pretty much suck... this would be the end of the Jags.

#TebowUnfairTreatment

Pot, meet kettle.

At least you didn't say black.

(02-01-2022, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Only if Baalke is out. It's been rumroed that Baalke stays as GM and Spielman is assistant GM or EVP...those don't work for me. The cancer will metastasize if we don't cut it all out.

No deal on that. Baalke has to go.

Nope, don't like this anymore:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...3096590338

(02-01-2022, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Minnesota has had 4 winning seasons since 2012, when Spielman came to the Vikings. He's had a losing record the last 2 seasons. He may be respected around the league, but there has to be better options than this. I know getting rid of Baalke is priority #1, but c'mon, can't we get someone from a winning organization that knows to put together a good roster?

They got stuck in QB purgatory. The rest of the roster was always very solid.

Spielman is the one who brought Cousins in. He put them in QB purgatory.

(02-01-2022, 11:27 AM)Upper Wrote: Nope, don't like this anymore:

So Khan is a moron?

(02-01-2022, 11:27 AM)Upper Wrote: Nope, don't like this anymore:

If Shad Khan thinks this will appease fans, he's a snake too.

If it's too good to be true, and you are a jaguar fan, it's TOO GOOD to be true