Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Matthew the Wright guy at kicker next year?

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 09:28 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Do yall think we stick with Wright?  Dude really got better as the season went on.  Was the player of the game in the Dolphins win with 2 50+ yarders.  He doesn't have the leg of Lambo but its good enough to hit from 50+. Man I wish we drafted the Gator though.  Who's the best kicker in the draft?  Any yall would take over Wright?

He didn't miss a kick after week 11. Made 14 or 15 straight

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd use one of our 6th rd picks on a guy and let them compete in camp/preseason.

(02-01-2022, 09:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd use one of our 6th rd picks on a guy and let them compete in camp/preseason.

On who?

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:27 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

That kicker from the gators was a great pick for the bangles. These days, you really need a kicker who can hit the touch backs unless you want to intentionally force a return hoping to get better field position for your defense

if he can work on his kickoff power or go back to the punter i have no issues with him back, he played very well down the stretch. he showed he can kick 55. but he also missed short on a 51 i think so hard to say how strong his leg is.

Cameron Dicker out of Texas or Daniel Gutierrez out of UNLV.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Wright is not the guy. He's an average FG kicker, but he's got a weak leg on kickoffs. Almost all of his kickoffs are short. He should not be brought back. I'm certainly not wasting a draft pick on a kicker though. Free agency has some very interesting options. Ideally, I want either Nick Folk or Younghoe Koo or wait and see which veterans get cut in favor of cheaper options.

The best kickers in the draft are Cade York of LSU, but he will go somewhere in the 3-5 round, he's very good. The next best is Gabe Brkic of Oklahoma he should probably go in the 4-6 round area and another guy who might get drafted is Jonathan Garibay of Texas Tech. He isn't quite as consistent, but he kicked a 62 yard FG to beat Iowa State earlier this year. If he isn't drafted, I offer him the max that an UDFA can make.

Wright is the frailest looking 'football player' I've ever seen.  I think he'd snap in half if he ever got hit.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-01-2022, 09:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do yall think we stick with Wright?  Dude really got better as the season went on.  Was the player of the game in the Dolphins win with 2 50+ yarders.  He doesn't have the leg of Lambo but its good enough to hit from 50+. Man I wish we drafted the Gator though.  Who's the best kicker in the draft?  Any yall would take over Wright?

He didn't miss a kick after week 11.  Made 14 or 15 straight

From what I've seen in mocks this is a poor year to darft a K.

Regardless I am open to bringing in a second to compete with Wright, either UDFA rookie or veteran FA. He's good enough, but I'd prefer not to rest on "ok"

Cody Parkey remains available, I'd bring him in for competition.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-01-2022, 11:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 09:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do yall think we stick with Wright?  Dude really got better as the season went on.  Was the player of the game in the Dolphins win with 2 50+ yarders.  He doesn't have the leg of Lambo but its good enough to hit from 50+. Man I wish we drafted the Gator though.  Who's the best kicker in the draft?  Any yall would take over Wright?

He didn't miss a kick after week 11.  Made 14 or 15 straight

From what I've seen in mocks this is a poor year to darft a K.

Regardless I am open to bringing in a second to compete with Wright, either UDFA rookie or veteran FA. He's good enough, but I'd prefer not to rest on "ok"

I don't know about the mocks but I can't think of any kicker that stuck out to me in college this past year

Is Lambo completely done? Would be nice to see him get righ physically and mentally and get back to it.

Matthew Wright is likely not the answer, due to leg strength (especially on kickoffs). Bring in competition.

(02-01-2022, 03:55 PM)Jags Wrote: Is Lambo completely done? Would be nice to see him get righ physically and mentally and get back to it.

That would be nice.

I heard Mike Hollis is in town.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I don't suppose kickers are really hard to find. Wasn't this dude working IT like 2 weeks before he got hired to be our main K?

(02-01-2022, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 09:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd use one of our 6th rd picks on a guy and let them compete in camp/preseason.

On who?

a guy

No reason he shouldn't be in camp, but they got to bring in competition. Preferably some stronger legs.

Just go poach a goalie from some EURO soccer team. they can be taught to kick it thru a couple of sticks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 06:51 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2022, 11:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Wright is the frailest looking 'football player' I've ever seen.  I think he'd snap in half if he ever got hit.

Really? over Gramatica brothers? LOL one injured himself celebrating  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23