Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Miami HC Brian Flores is suing the NFL, the Giants, the Dolphins and the

Nobody and I mean nobody circles the wagons like... NFL owners when the shield is under attack.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2022, 08:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think you “bite the hand that feeds” and ever coach in this league again.  I liked him a lot in Miami.  The story of him and Tua’s relationship soured me a bit on him.  The speed at which this lawsuit was filed has to have any owner concerned they’d be walking on eggshells around him and they’re not gonna walk on eggshells around anyone.  I guess we’ll see though.

He probably feels like he's earned enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life.  Unless these lawsuits cause some bad facts to come out about him, he probably could coach college football if he wants to.

Book deal, book deal, book deal.

If this suit has any legs, the settlement will probably leave him set, let alone what he earned while coaching.

I gotta wonder if any team had offered him a job, though, does this suit get filed?

(02-02-2022, 11:36 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Nobody and I mean nobody circles the wagons like...    NFL owners when the shield is under attack.

Which coach is fixing to get Grudened?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm betting Roger Goodell is sitting up late at night praying that Cal McNair doesn't hire Josh McCown as their head coach. Cause that would not be a good look at all.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 03:25 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2022, 07:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: The fin fans are ripping Flores. Some do have a problem with the whole 100k for losing games. He better be able to support that, otherwise it’s hearsay.

They always rip him. For some reason, they havent liked him since day one. They despise Ross just about as much.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-02-2022, 12:02 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: He probably feels like he's earned enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life.  Unless these lawsuits cause some bad facts to come out about him, he probably could coach college football if he wants to.

Book deal, book deal, book deal.

If this suit has any legs, the settlement will probably leave him set, let alone what he earned while coaching.

I gotta wonder if any team had offered him a job, though, does this suit get filed?

If Flores is in anyway serious about putting the NFL in its place and he has proof of his accusations he shouldn't settle, he should take it to court. Settlements are a big reason why corporations and people are not held accountable in a way that can't be swept under the rug. It's a lot easier to just pay someone off than to face a guilty verdict and the [BLEEP] storm running up to it.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 01:53 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2022, 08:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Damn. Interesting notes in there. Belichick looks out for his coaches even after they have left from what it sounds like. Daboll was a top candidate though. I could understand the logic behind the Giants wanting him. However, the timing is pretty awful.

I am sure the NFL will do something now to clean it up. They have taken some heavy, heavy heat since the Gruden emails from last year were leaked, which, honestly? I believe there's more to be seen and heard in that investigation regarding Washington and other circles around the NFL. They decided to use Gruden though as the fall guy.

Houston firing David Culley after one year. Arizona firing Steve Wilks after one year. It's been a bad run lately for minority coaches. How often does "one and done" happen in the NFL to begin with? I know we canned Meyer but Meyer was media nightmare for months on end so he had to go.

Culley? Wilks? None of those guys really did or said anything in a negative way publicly to warrant being dismissed so quickly. Culley especially. He was brought into a terrible roster situation with no QB to begin with due to Watson's off the field issues. Hopefully this doesn't hinder Flores' opportunities moving forward in the NFL though. Again, I think he's a good coach.

Ross offering money for the team to tank is horrendous though. I really think the NFL needs to come down hard on that kind of [BLEEP].

I don’t think you “bite the hand that feeds” and ever coach in this league again.  I liked him a lot in Miami.  The story of him and Tua’s relationship soured me a bit on him.  The speed at which this lawsuit was filed has to have any owner concerned they’d be walking on eggshells around him and they’re not gonna walk on eggshells around anyone.  I guess we’ll see though.

Takes a lot of balls for him to come forward like this. I applaud him. Especially if more than half of this all ends up being proven true in the lawsuit. The NFL, again, they have a really [BLEEP] history of trying to undermine and hide these types of situations in general. 

I actually think his approach with Tua was not only fair, it was justified. Also, it ultimately resulted in that team going on a winning streak. If anything. You can say his approach and relationship with Tua worked the way it should have worked in a very, very competitive AFC East last year. 

Buffalo and New England are not easy to keep up with. Sounds like Ross is a [BLEEP] owner and if anything, he's hindering that team. When they fall back into being less than sub .500 and Tua regresses I hope the fans and media in Miami go hard on him and show no mercy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm confused why this is so shocking. Everyone has known this has been going on with interviews for years and tanking. People have also talked about how teams tamper with players all the time.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

[Image: D9-F89-CC1-677-D-49-D3-8964-B0-AC672692-EE.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

There is no cooking going on in the kitchen. Nothing to see here.

(02-03-2022, 02:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: There is no cooking going on in the kitchen. Nothing to see here.

You know this from your extensive factual investigation and comprehensive knowledge of the applicable statutes and case law regarding employment discrimination?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-03-2022, 06:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: There is no cooking going on in the kitchen. Nothing to see here.

You know this from your extensive factual investigation and comprehensive knowledge of the applicable statutes and case law regarding employment discrimination?

Whatever this is, it certainly will prove to be interesting.  Seems the wagons have been circled by the owners as they all have come out with "My reputation and honor has been besmirched and I can't let that happen" statements.  Now it will be up to people to prove the accusations.  Labor law in the different states will come into play.

1. I know Florida is a right to work state so wrongful discharge is almost impossible to prove.  It will all come down to documentation. 
2. Text messages or comments made in front of others (that would agree to testify) is what they will need.
3. Read the content of the Belichick text. It says basically he heard they like him and thinks he may get the job. I hope it works out for you. Gonna be argued that is a long way from I heard your getting the job.
4. It is tough to believe Flores would file this without a good chance at proving it. If he did all I can say is wow, he just opened himself up for counter suits.....
5. Gonna be a regular 3 ring circus as more comes out.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Looks like the Steelers are hiring him on to be an assistant type coach on the defensive side of the football. Good for him. Good for Tomlin. Good on the Rooney's for being the bastion of the rule they helped in establishing. Flores is a good football coach.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."