Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When you look outside and see this....

...thing flying over your house. Tomorrow is the last day of Robin Sage training and I guess they had to show off. Lol. I've never seen one transition from one mode to another until I looked it up and found this video. This is my favorite military aircraft. It's not often we see them here. Maybe two or three times in the ten years I've lived here. It's kind of like Boba Fett- elusive and bad [BLEEP].   Big Grin Ninja

Link

Do you have a favorite vehicle, ground or flight, that you would love the chance to take a ride in but it may likely never happen?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Because I am the poor, 1967 Rally Sport Camaro is a bucket list / retirement dream that will probably not come to fruition.

Pure fascination has always been CART/Indycar, open-wheel style racecars, at speed. I'm 6'2" and not getting any slimmer, so even getting inside a cockpit would be a feat in and of itself. I would love to feel not only how 200 MPH feels, but to experience the downforce they create to keep all wheels on the ground (mostly). But then, I see one disintegrate as a tire goes down and slides straight into a wall, and yeah, that would probably be me. I know they have those tandem ride experiences and such, but like skydiving, it's just way different when everything is on you to succeed or splat. I've been in and around stock cars all my life, but I'm sure the open wheel chassis would be like night and day difference.

I didn't know anything about Formula 1 until I watched Drive to Survive. While Netflix is mostly about the drama it still got me interested enough to watch videos on the teams' youtube channels. It would fascinate yet terrify me to go as fast as F1, Indy and NASCAR cars go.

SR-71.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato