Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 09:16 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-04-2022, 07:43 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Yes, when it's all said and done, Kahn did an admirable job.i

No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

We had fans swearing off season tickets.  We had fans giving up on the team.  What the heck is a PR department for, anyway, if you're not going to use them?  

Yeah, in the end we hired a good coach.  But this was a month long PR disaster and Shad Khan appears to be completely unaware of it.

I really like Shad Khan and I appreciate his keeping the team in Jacksonville, when a lot of other owners would have moved to a more profitable location.  But I wish he would put Tony in charge of the team as owner, and go off and run his bumper business.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a fan with he process, but I'm glad we finally got our top guy. We just should of fired Baalke early and got him over a month ago

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 09:25 AM by Newton.)

I would rather have the team run a crap search process and end up with a good coach then running a great process and strike out. Nonetheless , I agree with the above posters that the PR side of this was done very poorly. Even the guys on Jaguars daily were completely exasperated by the process. It was so exhausting, that by the end, I was just glad someone was announced finally LOL. That said, pederson was initially my top pick. I had come around to Byron is number one, but I’m still very happy with the pick.

OK...now what?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

What's with this " He went on vacation [BLEEP] " ?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-04-2022, 10:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: What's with this  " He went on vacation [BLEEP] " ?

He took the Kismet to St. Marteen right smack dab in the middle of the search

People who think this was a successful hiring process are delusional. This has been the most dysfunctional hiring of an exclusive and prominent position I've ever seen.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who think this was a successful hiring process are delusional. This has been the most dysfunctional hiring of an exclusive and prominent position I've ever seen.

Agreed. I think we got a good coach but ultimately he was way down on the list and we still have Baalke so likely we'll still have many of the issues that have plagued the team in recent years personal-wise.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: What's with this  " He went on vacation [BLEEP] " ?

The Kismet is a chartered vessel when Khan is not using it. How the [BLEEP] does anyone know Khan was on it?. I'll answer, they don't. But, but Twitter, right?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

You do realize he is having a new yacht built and he has the kismet up for sale and is using it to rent out for like 1m a week plus food and drink.

(02-04-2022, 05:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 01:29 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I said it before and will say it again.  The last thing we needed was a rookie Head Coach and a rookie Gm running this crap show.  Leftwich was the sexy pick but I believe he would of failed hard in this mess.  We needed a guy who has built a winning team, worked successfully with rookie QB's, and a man who players would run though a wall for him.  Pederson was loved in Philly. 

Khan took a ton of flack for taking his time with the pick.  He did his due diligence but in the end he got his guy.   Good Job Shad!   I often Clown on Shad and admit he is a bad owner but this maybe a start of changing my mind.

I agree he wound up making a good hire, and possibly made even better if he brings Spielman aboard.

I believe Khan wanted a more deliberate approach on some level, but I don't believe for one minute that this is what he had in mind.

I believe this search took a lot longer than it should have because of Baalke, and the length of time almost yielded catastrophic results.

Risch Bisaccia would have been a good hre for the Raiders.  Given all of the adversity they went through this year with the Gruden firing and the loss of their two first round picks due to legal troubles, the Raiders could have rolled over and withered.  But under Bisaccia, they didn't quit.  They rallied and made the playoffs under him, and he deserves credit for that. 

but he established credibility with the team by working with them for years.

But he wasn't tasked with developing any QB.  They had Carr on the team.  They also had vets.

He would have been a disaster here though.  He'd be starting from scratch...tasked with developing Trevor Lawrence, working with a young team in a dysfunctional front office with a loss weary fan base.

Had Pederson taken another position (the Saints, for example), this search would not have been so successful especially since BL removed his name from consideration.

As it stands now, he made a good hire, but put the team behind schedule in terms of assembling a staff and getting a start on the Senior Bowl scouting, film study of the players on the team, etc.

Khan succeeded, yes.  But he did so in spite of himself.

well said.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-04-2022, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 07:43 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Yes, when it's all said and done, Kahn did an admirable job.i

No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

We had fans swearing off season tickets.  We had fans giving up on the team.  What the heck is a PR department for, anyway, if you're not going to use them?  

Yeah, in the end we hired a good coach.  But this was a month long PR disaster and Shad Khan appears to be completely unaware of it.

I really like Shad Khan and I appreciate his keeping the team in Jacksonville, when a lot of other owners would have moved to a more profitable location.  But I wish he would put Tony in charge of the team as owner, and go off and run his bumper business.

I think you overestimate the PR part of it. Negotiations break down. It's better to stick to your guns and hire the right person than to panic and just go with the first available candidate to fill the void.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 10:45 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-04-2022, 05:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 01:29 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I said it before and will say it again.  The last thing we needed was a rookie Head Coach and a rookie Gm running this crap show.  Leftwich was the sexy pick but I believe he would of failed hard in this mess.  We needed a guy who has built a winning team, worked successfully with rookie QB's, and a man who players would run though a wall for him.  Pederson was loved in Philly. 

Khan took a ton of flack for taking his time with the pick.  He did his due diligence but in the end he got his guy.   Good Job Shad!   I often Clown on Shad and admit he is a bad owner but this maybe a start of changing my mind.

I agree he wound up making a good hire, and possibly made even better if he brings Spielman aboard.

I believe Khan wanted a more deliberate approach on some level, but I don't believe for one minute that this is what he had in mind.

I believe this search took a lot longer than it should have because of Baalke, and the length of time almost yielded catastrophic results.

Risch Bisaccia would have been a good hre for the Raiders.  Given all of the adversity they went through this year with the Gruden firing and the loss of their two first round picks due to legal troubles, the Raiders could have rolled over and withered.  But under Bisaccia, they didn't quit.  They rallied and made the playoffs under him, and he deserves credit for that. 

but he established credibility with the team by working with them for years.

But he wasn't tasked with developing any QB.  They had Carr on the team.  They also had vets.

He would have been a disaster here though.  He'd be starting from scratch...tasked with developing Trevor Lawrence, working with a young team in a dysfunctional front office with a loss weary fan base.

Had Pederson taken another position (the Saints, for example), this search would not have been so successful especially since BL removed his name from consideration.

As it stands now, he made a good hire, but put the team behind schedule in terms of assembling a staff and getting a start on the Senior Bowl scouting, film study of the players on the team, etc.

Khan succeeded, yes.  But he did so in spite of himself.

The same way Colonel Nicholson blew up the bridge on the river Kwai?  Shad Khan as Colonel Nicholson:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEJ_g3NXYac

Not that I want Shad Khan to come to any premature death or anything, but that's the image I have of this process.

(02-04-2022, 09:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not a fan with he process, but I'm glad we finally got our top guy.  We just should of fired Baalke early and got him over a month ago

Definitely was not our top guy. Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Don't sweat the technique I guess. Now we can talk about the free agency market and draft.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 11:03 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-04-2022, 10:44 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not a fan with he process, but I'm glad we finally got our top guy.  We just should of fired Baalke early and got him over a month ago

Definitely was not our top guy. Lol.

I disagree

(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Don't sweat the technique I guess. Now we can talk about the free agency market and draft.

Hell yeah bro, I'm stoked.  See you in the FA and draft thread

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 11:22 AM by tomfin2022. Edited 2 times in total.)

This was dumb luck. If Rick Spielman had been retained by the Vikings, we would have been completely screwed.

This is a case of “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile” as opposed to some carefully thought out and well executed process. If you want to give credit to a Kahn, give credit to Tony. If it wan’t for him, we may have been talking about the O’Brien/Baalke era right now.

I like the hire but I won’t give khan credit. I think they had other people they wanted that didn’t want to work with Baalke and ultimately starting losing candidates to other teams and eventually was left with only Pederson or Leftwhich. The football gods saved Khan from himself

(02-04-2022, 11:17 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: I like the hire but I won’t give khan credit. I think they had other people they wanted that didn’t want to work with Baalke and ultimately starting losing candidates to other teams and eventually was left with only Pederson or Leftwhich. The football gods saved Khan from himself

That's where I am. Khan made the best choice, in spite of himself.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-04-2022, 11:16 AM)tomfin2022 Wrote: This was dumb luck.  If Rick Spielman had been retained by the Vikings, we would have been completely screwed.

This is a case of “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile” as opposed to some carefully thought out and well executed process.  If you want to give credit to a Kahn, give credit to Tony.  If it wan’t for him, we may have been talking about the O’Btien/Baalke era right now.

Agree 100% with you on this.  As much bad luck as this franchise has had it was time for some.good luck