Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

This is exactly why Shad Khan is a billionaire and we are all just Slum Dogs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2022, 01:29 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I said it before and will say it again.  The last thing we needed was a rookie Head Coach and a rookie Gm running this crap show.  Leftwich was the sexy pick but I believe he would of failed hard in this mess.  We needed a guy who has built a winning team, worked successfully with rookie QB's, and a man who players would run though a wall for him.  Pederson was loved in Philly. 

Khan took a ton of flack for taking his time with the pick.  He did his due diligence but in the end he got his guy.   Good Job Shad!   I often Clown on Shad and admit he is a bad owner but this maybe a start of changing my mind.

I see a lot of Tomlin in Leftwich, though. He's straightforward, resolute, and not one who will let those extracurriculars distract from the goal.

Not saying Pederson isn't gonna handle business, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Leftwich would have been consumed by the supposed chaos our team is in. Which, still asking, what chaos is it that you see, outside of Baalke/Shad and this munged-up hiring cycle?

Are you saying Pederson worked successfully with Hurts? That's rich.

(02-04-2022, 10:20 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He took the Kismet to St. Marteen right smack dab in the middle of the search

You do realize he is having a new yacht built and he has the kismet up for sale and is using it to rent out for like 1m a week plus food and drink.

Wait, does the $1m include food and drinks?

(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:44 AM)Dimson Wrote: Definitely was not our top guy. Lol.

I disagree

(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Don't sweat the technique I guess. Now we can talk about the free agency market and draft.

Hell yeah bro, I'm stoked.  See you in the FA and draft thread

You don't offer the job to someone else if Pederson is your top guy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 11:29 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like the fact that Pederson calls plays.  Hopefully he continues that strategy because we sure as hell don't want Bevell near the play calling role.

If they don't want to buy Bevell out, then I suggest they simply play the Russell Wilson Super Bowl interception throw over and over on all of the TVs in the locker room until Bevell just quits.

(02-04-2022, 09:45 AM)Jag149 Wrote: OK...now what?

Nate Sudfeld will be named passing game consultant or something, some will cry cronyism and others will laud us bringing in former soup bowl winners to coach TLaw to the next level.

It's what we do.

(02-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree

Perderson wasn't interested in the job because of Baalke, you can't offer someone a job that's not interested.  That's like when Bryron dropped out of the Jags search yesterday when we already went a different direction and was about to hire Pederson.  How do you drop out of the search when we already moved on first lol?

(02-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree

@...you do if you want Pederson to sign for less@

¿Quién es más desesperado?

(02-04-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: You don't offer the job to someone else if Pederson is your top guy.
Perderson wasn't interested in the job because of Baalke, you can't offer someone a job that's not interested.  That's like when Bryron dropped out of the Jags search yesterday when we already went a different direction and was about to hire Pederson.  How do you drop out of the search when we already moved on first lol?

All I know is they never offered him the job 30 days ago and offered it to at least 2 people before him.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 11:38 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-04-2022, 11:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: You don't offer the job to someone else if Pederson is your top guy.

@...you do if you want Pederson to sign for less@

¿Quién es más desesperado?

This as well.  Other than Pederson wasn't interested earlier on because of Baalke but I'm sure Byron would of been much cheaper than Pederson

(02-04-2022, 11:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Perderson wasn't interested in the job because of Baalke, you can't offer someone a job that's not interested.  That's like when Bryron dropped out of the Jags search yesterday when we already went a different direction and was about to hire Pederson.  How do you drop out of the search when we already moved on first lol?

All I know is they never offered him the job 30 days ago and offered it to at least 2 people before him.

Because he didn't want to work with Baalke.  He didn't come back in play until Spielman came in the picture and rumored he will be over Baalke. It seems Pederson didn't want to come here until Spielman was coming here

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 12:36 PM by scottyg.)

(02-04-2022, 10:18 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He took the Kismet to St. Marteen right smack dab in the middle of the search

The Kismet is a chartered vessel when Khan is not using it. How the [BLEEP] does anyone know Khan was on it?. I'll answer, they don't. But, but Twitter, right?

I don't know how fos Oehser is, but he said Khan was in Jacksonville in one of his Q&A during that week as well.
Regardless, even if he got out of town for a bit to reset, I doubt he sent his helicopter guy home and turned off all communications devices.

(02-04-2022, 10:41 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

We had fans swearing off season tickets.  We had fans giving up on the team.  What the heck is a PR department for, anyway, if you're not going to use them?  

Yeah, in the end we hired a good coach.  But this was a month long PR disaster and Shad Khan appears to be completely unaware of it.

I really like Shad Khan and I appreciate his keeping the team in Jacksonville, when a lot of other owners would have moved to a more profitable location.  But I wish he would put Tony in charge of the team as owner, and go off and run his bumper business.

I think you overestimate the PR part of it. Negotiations break down. It's better to stick to your guns and hire the right person than to panic and just go with the first available candidate to fill the void.

The problem was the gun he was sticking to was 'keeping Baalke'.  What a [BLEEP] hill to die on.

(02-04-2022, 11:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Perderson wasn't interested in the job because of Baalke, you can't offer someone a job that's not interested.  That's like when Bryron dropped out of the Jags search yesterday when we already went a different direction and was about to hire Pederson.  How do you drop out of the search when we already moved on first lol?

You know nothing. All you know is rumors reported and most were not true.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-04-2022, 11:28 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like the fact that Pederson calls plays.  Hopefully he continues that strategy because we sure as hell don't want Bevell near the play calling role.

If they don't want to buy Bevell out, then I suggest they simply play the Russell Wilson Super Bowl interception throw over and over on all of the TVs in the locker room until Bevell just quits.

Are you suggesting Bevell still has a contract beyond the start of the new league year in March?
Maybe they'll play snipets of Super Bowl 48 in which Bevell and Co. blew the doors off of Payton Manning and the Broncos 42-8.

(02-04-2022, 03:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:32 AM)Eric1 Wrote: There was nothing thorough about this coaching search. This franchise fumbled around every corner and was lucky that they could scramble back into the only respectable HC candidate left because honestly nobody wants to take the other remaining HCing jobs.

Lmao yeah okay. I'd bet money if we hired him on Black monday you'da been on here bashing them for not doing their due dilligence. clown

(02-04-2022, 04:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:04 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I said from the start that I was a big fan for Pederson as HC and Caldwell as Assistant HC/QB Coach. Idiot.

It wasn't until they dragged this [BLEEP] on that the excitement died down. Then they added all the Leftwich stuff into it and the excitement died down for Pederson even more, but you're clueless so I really don't know why I'm even wasting my time going over this again.

You're a literal clown. Your excitement died down? lmfao do you think Pederson being hired 2 weeks ago or now is going to change the results?

Be quiet.

"I don't ignorantly insult people who have a differing opinion to myself."

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...41&page=18

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Lets wait until we see some results. We are still laughing stock of the league, by far.

(02-04-2022, 01:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:35 AM)Dimson Wrote: All I know is they never offered him the job 30 days ago and offered it to at least 2 people before him.

You know nothing. All you know is rumors reported and most were not true.

speaking of you know nothing...do you have sources to cite that refuted any of the reported offers?

The title of this thread is clearly a joke. Fantastic job is definitely not what happened here.

What a ridiculous thread. There were 33 days in between Pederson's 1st and 2nd interview. If this works, Khan lucked into it. If Baalke remains GM, it's still stupid as [BLEEP].

Fans like you are why Khan bumble [BLEEP] his way through team ownership.

Khan ultimately got the guy we needed. I do not care how long it took. Great job khan!

People were upset we didn't take the newbie in Leftwich but also nobody else wanted Leftwich as head coach either. 9 hc openings and we are the only team to interview him.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-04-2022, 03:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Khan ultimately got the guy we needed. I do not care how long it took. Great job khan!

People were upset we didn't take the newbie in Leftwich but also nobody else wanted Leftwich as head coach either. 9 hc openings and we are the only team to interview him.

How many other teams interviewed Pederson?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]