Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

(02-04-2022, 03:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Khan ultimately got the guy we needed. I do not care how long it took. Great job khan!

People were upset we didn't take the newbie in Leftwich but also nobody else wanted Leftwich as head coach either. 9 hc openings and we are the only team to interview him.

How many other teams interviewed Pederson?

There were 4 that were interested.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2022, 03:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How many other teams interviewed Pederson?

There were 4 that were interested.

That wasn't the question.  How many interviewed him?  They had over a month.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Byron will be a great coach whenever he gets the chance. He has years of experience as a quarterback, has worked with some of the greats, and mentor by one of the best. I’m still sad we did not get him, but Pederson is a nice consolation prize.

(02-04-2022, 04:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There were 4 that were interested.

That wasn't the question.  How many interviewed him?  They had over a month.

Pederson wasn't going to take just any job, it had to be the right job.  Why interview if you're not interested but they are? With Trevor, Spielman, the cap space, the draft picks.  It was a perfect match for the former SB winning coach.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 04:19 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-04-2022, 04:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That wasn't the question.  How many interviewed him?  They had over a month.

Pederson wasn't going to take just any job, it had to be the right job.  Why interview if you're not interested but they are? With Trevor, Spielman, the cap space, the draft picks.  It was a perfect match for the former SB winning coach.

LOL.

OK, Karnak.  I didn't realize that you had psychic powers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-04-2022, 01:45 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:28 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like the fact that Pederson calls plays.  Hopefully he continues that strategy because we sure as hell don't want Bevell near the play calling role.

If they don't want to buy Bevell out, then I suggest they simply play the Russell Wilson Super Bowl interception throw over and over on all of the TVs in the locker room until Bevell just quits.

Are you suggesting Bevell still has a contract beyond the start of the new league year in March?
Maybe they'll play snipets of Super Bowl 48 in which Bevell and Co. blew the doors off of Payton Manning and the Broncos 42-8.

Funny you mentioned that because the score was 8-0 Seahawks (safety + 2 field goals) when the Seahawks had the ball on the Broncos 1 yard line.  They called a run play and handed the ball off to Marshawn Lynch and he scored a TD.

Wait .... what?  Handing the ball of to Marshawn Lynch at the goal line?  What a great concept.  I'm sure most coaches would have called a slant route from the 1 or 2 yard line when you have the most powerful back in football in your backfield.

(02-04-2022, 05:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 01:45 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Are you suggesting Bevell still has a contract beyond the start of the new league year in March?
Maybe they'll play snipets of Super Bowl 48 in which Bevell and Co. blew the doors off of Payton Manning and the Broncos 42-8.

Funny you mentioned that because the score was 8-0 Seahawks (safety + 2 field goals) when the Seahawks had the ball on the Broncos 1 yard line.  They called a run play and handed the ball off to Marshawn Lynch and he scored a TD.

Wait .... what?  Handing the ball of to Marshawn Lynch at the goal line?  What a great concept.  I'm sure most coaches would have called a slant route from the 1 or 2 yard line when you have the most powerful back in football in your backfield.
You realize Pete Carroll called for the pass in 49, right? Maybe you should do your homework.
But ya, 48 was certainly a fun game with great memories!

(02-04-2022, 05:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 01:45 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Are you suggesting Bevell still has a contract beyond the start of the new league year in March?

The Seahawks were on their way to being a possible dynasty. They could have been right there with the 90s cowboys but we all know what happened.... I have some very close friends from Washington  state who love the hawks and moved down here to florida. I've also lived up there for half a year before. They love their hawks. That was a very good team and should have won at least 2 super bowls

(02-04-2022, 11:46 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Most are gaslighting like they do with everything when their alternative facts don't get no traction. You can use the how you know defense all you want. Here are the facts 1) You had a head start on everyone 2) Trying to hire with snake pushing for Obrien when it's seems most teams don't want to touch him is telling 3) You tried to hire 2 coaches before him our Coach Pederson 4) Information got out that you were hiring Byron until you weren't 5) Then every alternative got hired rightly so by competent Front Offices in the brute off everyone 6) Then you tried to interview Coach Kevin but failed to do an initial interview having to wait till after the Super,..... Errrr he didn't even make it to the game until another Competent Front Office sign him leaving you looking desperate. 6) The snake is still GM even after the PR debacle we are still dealing because of him. Byron did himself a favor they don't deserve him so you alternative facts cats can gaslight but In the National media this is the lowest our reputation has been. When your fans comes out in clown suits you were covered by the fans by their antics but now the whole league sees it was because of you incompetence. Now come with your insults.

(02-04-2022, 11:46 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Most are gaslighting like they do with everything when their alternative facts don't get no traction. You can use the how you know defense all you want. Here are the facts 1) You had a head start on everyone 2) Trying to hire with snake pushing for Obrien when it's seems most teams don't want to touch him is telling 3) You tried to hire 2 coaches before him our Coach Pederson 4) Information got out that you were hiring Byron until you weren't 5) Then every alternative got hired rightly so by competent Front Offices in the front off everyone 6) Then you tried to interview Coach Kevin but failed to do an initial interview having to wait till after the Super,..... Errrr he didn't even make it to the game until another Competent Front Office sign him leaving you looking desperate. 6) The snake is still GM even after the PR debacle we are still dealing because of him. Byron did himself a favor they don't deserve him so you alternative facts cats can gaslight but In the National media this is the lowest our reputation has been. When your fans comes out in clown suits you were covered by the fans by their antics but now the whole league sees it was because of you incompetence. Now come with your insults.

Hahaha, most of this is based off rumors that may or may not be true.

Most started with that tool Dilla and he has been wrong on most of his predictions recently.

There isn't one official reporter stating we offered the job to anyone else. Prove me wrong if that is false.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Someone is enjoying their weekend.

I feel like if MVP loves this move... it's probably a terrible move.

Hmmm....

Nah. I dig the hire. They still managed to Jag up the whole process but proven HC with experience and good QB acumen. We'll see. Hopefully Baalke doesn't ruin the roster

(02-05-2022, 12:01 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Someone is enjoying their weekend.

Sorry Ms Bevell on your loss.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-04-2022, 11:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:46 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Most are gaslighting like they do with everything when their alternative facts don't get no traction. You can use the how you know defense all you want. Here are the facts 1) You had a head start on everyone 2) Trying to hire with snake pushing for Obrien when it's seems most teams don't want to touch him is telling 3) You tried to hire 2 coaches before him our Coach Pederson 4) Information got out that you were hiring Byron until you weren't 5) Then every alternative got hired rightly so by competent Front Offices in the brute off everyone 6) Then you tried to interview Coach Kevin but failed to do an initial interview having to wait till after the Super,..... Errrr he didn't even make it to the game until another Competent Front Office sign him leaving you looking desperate. 6) The snake is still GM even after the PR debacle we are still dealing because of him. Byron did himself a favor they don't deserve him so you alternative facts cats can gaslight but In the National media this is the lowest our reputation has been. When your fans comes out in clown suits you were covered by the fans by their antics but now the whole league sees it was because of you incompetence. Now come with your insults.

Most started with that tool Dilla and he has been wrong on most of his predictions recently.

There isn't one official reporter stating we offered the job to anyone else. Prove me wrong if that is false.

Dilla is aaaaactually on point with most of his stuff but whatever.
The fact that THIS guy is calling someone a tool is HAlarious

(02-04-2022, 11:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

The facts, ie everything that we "know" is internet speculation, are on your side.  Other than the wishful thinking here and elsewhere on the internets there is no statement anywhere that Byron was offered the job.  He was most certainly asked what conditions, changes, etc he needed to be successful in the job.  Pederson was as well, perhaps even others were asked.  But only Leftwich's agent went into overdrive trying to either spook the competition (like Pederson) or parlay the noise into interviews with other clubs (create a little FOMO, as the kids say).

The FOMO certainly worked on the cool cucumbers here.  Fortunately, an experienced coach like Pederson seems to have avoided the distraction, avoided the gossiping and simply presented a compelling plan for the club with achievable asks to get there.  Every coach who made it to the second interview had the opportunity to make this argument, "This is what I can do for you, this is how I'll do it, and this is what I need from you to get there."  Pederson's was the best.  Not surprising as he took a month between the first and second interview to put his case together.  I suspect it had some detailed analysis and ready-to-go actions.

We'll see soon enough but I'm very glad we took an experienced hand to steer the club at this point.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 12:33 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-04-2022, 03:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Khan ultimately got the guy we needed. I do not care how long it took. Great job khan!

People were upset we didn't take the newbie in Leftwich but also nobody else wanted Leftwich as head coach either. 9 hc openings and we are the only team to interview him.

How many other teams interviewed Pederson?

Pederson interviewed with a total of four teams which made him tied for second  this off-season.

(02-05-2022, 12:24 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How many other teams interviewed Pederson?

Pederson interviewed with a total of four teams which made him tied for second  in most interviews this off-season.

Four teams?  Perhaps the month delay between interviews wasn't Kahn's fault but the best Pederson could do given how many teams he had to prepare for.  Hmm?

But wait, that would mean that the Jags made a compelling offer in return.  No, that can't be.  The only thing this club is good at is making mistakes.  Everyone here knows it, right?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 12:38 AM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-05-2022, 12:08 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 11:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Hahaha, most of this is based off rumors that may or may not be true.

The facts, ie everything that we "know" is internet speculation, are on your side.  Other than the wishful thinking here and elsewhere on the internets there is no statement anywhere that Byron was offered the job.  He was most certainly asked what conditions, changes, etc he needed to be successful in the job.  Pederson was as well, perhaps even others were asked.  But only Leftwich's agent went into overdrive trying to either spook the competition (like Pederson) or parlay the noise into interviews with other clubs (create a little FOMO, as the kids say).

The FOMO certainly worked on the cool cucumbers here.  Fortunately, an experienced coach like Pederson seems to have avoided the distraction, avoided the gossiping and simply presented a compelling plan for the club with achievable asks to get there.  Every coach who made it to the second interview had the opportunity to make this argument, "This is what I can do for you, this is how I'll do it, and this is what I need from you to get there."  Pederson's was the best.  Not surprising as he took a month between the first and second interview to put his case together.  I suspect it had some detailed analysis and ready-to-go actions.

We'll see soon enough but I'm very glad we took an experienced hand to steer the club at this point.
Dude it's the same for every fan but when the National Pundits started saying the same thing whether it's true or not feeds that incompetent perception you don't see this crap happening In successful organizations. This will affect if free agents want to come here last year didn't show you it doesn't matter if you overpaid some to most will take less not to come to this dump. I don't know about you but I'm tired of my team being a laughing stock.

(02-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Jags@dajugular Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 12:08 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: The facts, ie everything that we "know" is internet speculation, are on your side.  Other than the wishful thinking here and elsewhere on the internets there is no statement anywhere that Byron was offered the job.  He was most certainly asked what conditions, changes, etc he needed to be successful in the job.  Pederson was as well, perhaps even others were asked.  But only Leftwich's agent went into overdrive trying to either spook the competition (like Pederson) or parlay the noise into interviews with other clubs (create a little FOMO, as the kids say).

Dude its the same for every fan but when the National Pundits start saying the same thing whether it's true or not feeds that incompetent perception you don't see this crap happening In successful organizations. This will affect if free agents want to come here last year didn't show you it don't mater if you over paid some to most will take less not to come to this dump.

Yeah, that glass is half empty.  You're right.

So now we have:

- Experienced SuperBowl winning coach who seems to be bringing a new range of coaching staff with him.
- "Greatest QB Since Luck And Guaranteed Champion"
- Salary cap to burn

And we won't have FA's coming?  If that doesn't attract FA's then nothing was going to.  If anything keeps FA's away it the fickle fanbase who seem to enjoy suffering more than succeeding.  Seem to resent the thought of succeeding even.

Let's see how in control Pederson seems of the media narrative.  The media are gossip merchants no better than Dilla.  But they are gossip merchants with authorised access who flock to whatever narrative sells the best.  We'll see if success sells for once in Jacksonville.  Fans have been eager to buy failure for far too long.  They'll need to work to change their diet.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 12:45 AM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2022, 12:33 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 12:24 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Pederson interviewed with a total of four teams which made him tied for second  in most interviews this off-season.

Four teams?  Perhaps the month delay between interviews wasn't Kahn's fault but the best Pederson could do given how many teams he had to prepare for.  Hmm?

But wait, that would mean that the Jags made a compelling offer in return.  No, that can't be.  The only thing this club is good at is making mistakes.  Everyone here knows it, right?

I'm going to use another perception most interviews are announced even if it is after where are the announcements of such interviews. I believe Coach Pederson wanted the best QB situation so he didn't want to interview with others. Same reason why Byron waited.

(02-05-2022, 12:39 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Dude its the same for every fan but when the National Pundits start saying the same thing whether it's true or not feeds that incompetent perception you don't see this crap happening In successful organizations. This will affect if free agents want to come here last year didn't show you it don't mater if you over paid some to most will take less not to come to this dump.

Yeah, that glass is half empty.  You're right.

So now we have:

- Experienced SuperBowl winning coach who seems to be bringing a new range of coaching staff with him.
- "Greatest QB Since Luck And Guaranteed Champion"
- Salary cap to burn

And we won't have FA's coming?  If that doesn't attract FA's then nothing was going to.  If anything keeps FA's away it the fickle fanbase who seem to enjoy suffering more than succeeding.  Seem to resent the thought of succeeding even.

Let's see how in control Pederson seems of the media narrative.  The media are gossip merchants no better than Dilla.  But they are gossip merchants with authorised access who flock to whatever narrative sells the best.  We'll see if success sells for once in Jacksonville.  Fans have been eager to buy failure for far too long.  They'll need to work to change their diet.

Dude how many times have we heard the Jags gave the highest offer and still got rejected you all are deaf and blind. They use Jacksonville as a bargaining chip to get to close to what we offered and adios.

We don't see Good developmental players that succeed in other places example Allen lazzard, We lose every decent player being used incorrectly that succeed on other teams Ronnie Harrison and Quincy Williams, and the players that do succeed want out like Ramsey. If we don't change the fact that our draft picks don't make it to a second contract with the team we will stay like this perpetually.