Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost in all the coaching mess...Boselli is up for HOF this week

I know it's hard to think of anything other than coaches, GMs and the crazy cycle we've gone through these past few weeks.

That said, Thursday is the NFL Honors, at which they announce this year's HOF inductees. I really think Tony's got a shot this year. There's few if any "can't miss" picks to make the induction, and Tony seems to gain momentum each year. I really hope he makes it, sure thing we need some good news to go our way.

If I had to predict, I think Boselli, Butler, and Mills are in; after that, it becomes fairly cloudy to say any one should get in over others. Ware might make it, but do they vote him in on his first ballot and leave Seymour waiting? Andre Johnson deserves to get in, but I can't say without a doubt he's a first-ballot HOF guy, even if he took it to Cortland Finnegan.

What do you all think? Is it finally his year, or not?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If not now then not while we're alive.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Boselli gets into HOF this year,it will be the start of the jags culture turning around. I will fire up our players cause Jags had something finnally go there way. Tony should've been in HOF years ago.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-08-2022, 05:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: If Boselli gets into HOF this year,it will be the start of the jags culture turning around. I will fire up our players cause Jags had something finnally go there way. Tony should've been in HOF years ago.

This is the year to do it, OLine logjam cleared with Faneca, Hutchinson, Mawae all in the past 3-4 years. There's no clear cut 1st ballot guy like a Peyton Manning on the card. Honestly if it's not this year it almost HAS to be next, I know his eligibility is up in like 4 years, but tbh idt they can even discuss admitting another linemen until Boselli is either in or ineligible.

I just want Tony's case to be done with so that Fred Taylor can finally get the attention he deserves. With Edgerrin James making the hall last year, I find it criminal that Fred Taylor isn't even a finalist.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Yea, every year I pull for him. Every year I get disappointed, but then I am extremely qualified to do that being a Jags fan.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-08-2022, 06:18 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: If Boselli gets into HOF this year,it will be the start of the jags culture turning around. I will fire up our players cause Jags had something finnally go there way. Tony should've been in HOF years ago.

This is the year to do it, OLine logjam cleared with Faneca, Hutchinson, Mawae all in the past 3-4 years. There's no clear cut 1st ballot guy like a Peyton Manning on the card. Honestly if it's not this year it almost HAS to be next, I know his eligibility is up in like 4 years, but tbh idt they can even discuss admitting another linemen until Boselli is either in or ineligible.

I just want Tony's case to be done with so that Fred Taylor can finally get the attention he deserves. With Edgerrin James making the hall last year, I find it criminal that Fred Taylor isn't even a finalist.

If Tony doesn't get in this year, he may never get in. It's sad to say that because he should have been in the Hall years ago. Now is the time to put him in, they gotta do it. Better late than never.

(02-08-2022, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:18 PM)Firesky Wrote: This is the year to do it, OLine logjam cleared with Faneca, Hutchinson, Mawae all in the past 3-4 years. There's no clear cut 1st ballot guy like a Peyton Manning on the card. Honestly if it's not this year it almost HAS to be next, I know his eligibility is up in like 4 years, but tbh idt they can even discuss admitting another linemen until Boselli is either in or ineligible.

If Tony doesn't get in this year, he may never get in. It's sad to say that because he should have been in the Hall years ago. Now is the time to put him in, they gotta do it. Better late than never.

I agree with that assessment. I think this is his best shot. Also if they exclude Tony ... they're acknowledging that the bar to clear to make the HoF is higher for Jaguars players. The Texans have JJ Watt who's an obvious slamdunk for the hall when he's eligible. But I think it's mind boggling that Andre Johnson is already a finalist while guys like Jimmy Smith never even sniffed consideration, now I get Andre has slightly more All-Pro nods and 2 years leading the NFL in catches to Jimmy's 1; but when Jimmy retired he was top 10 in every receiving category for the time ... with stiffer competition Andre Johnson got further in the process? That just doesn't sit well with me especially if they put him first ballot.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

One thing that stands out on the list is Tony really only played in 6 full seasons 1995-2000 a total of 91 regular season games. The other players are pretty much low life average wannabe hall of famers but they played a lot longer in the NFL. That said, I think this is his year based on the scum of the earth candidates that he is going up against; none of which were totally dominant in their era. Otherwise, there may be hope in the future if they expand the selection.

Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne are in. Ronde Barber will likely get in because of TBs great pass rush (which made him look good). Andre Johnson may be deserving but just like his entire career, nobody will notice him either way.

T O N Y !!!! I THINK THIS IS HIS YEAR.

https://www.nfl.com/news/finalists-for-p...2-revealed

I saw debates and basically they consider Tony the Left Tackle to Tyrell Davis Running Back on career length. Unfortunately for Tony no super bowl.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Come on Tony! Let this be the year.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 08:33 PM by Jagulars. Edited 1 time in total.)

Selection Committee: We are proud to announce our new inductees into the Pro Football HOF:

Everyone but Tony Boselli.

Seriously, he needs to get in this year.

I remember watching those early days when there was the Tony Boselli vs Ogden arguments.

Boselli was the best for about a 5 year span. Is that enough for the HOF?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-08-2022, 09:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I remember watching those early days when there was the Tony Boselli vs Ogden arguments.

Boselli was the best for about a 5 year span. Is that enough for the HOF?
That's the only debate you can have. He wasn't just the best OT, he shut all-pro DEs down. No one was doing that. He would have been the best OT ever if the injuries didn't happen. Most people don't know how good he was.

I would like to see the # of snaps against all-pros and HOFs players and see the sacks given up. Then compare that against others.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 11:57 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-08-2022, 09:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I remember watching those early days when there was the Tony Boselli vs Ogden arguments.

Boselli was the best for about a 5 year span.  Is that enough for the HOF?

Ogden played 12 years in the league.  Boselli only had 6 seasons if you exclude the season where he played 3 games.  I know Jaguars fans are sometimes quick on conspiracy theories, but it is Boselli's lack of longevity that has slowed his admission.  If he had played 2 or 3 more years, he would have gotten in a long time ago and maybe even a first ballot.  I think there's an excellent chance he gets in this year.  The hall balloters seem to have some unwritten rule about only putting in one offensive linemen per year.  There were a number of good ones eligible in recent years, but they've been cleared out.  I would bet on him getting in this year.

I think Fred Taylor made it as a semi finalist for the 3rd year in a row. Dude missed 55 regular season games and is still the 17 all time in rushing. If it wasn’t for the music city miracle then he would have a ring.

We do not have to wait much longer, tomorrow is day they announce. I believe around 9pm eastern
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-08-2022, 07:20 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I saw debates and basically they consider Tony the Left Tackle to Tyrell Davis Running Back on career length. Unfortunately for Tony no super bowl.

Yep, that's the best comparison.  T Davis only played 4 great solid years and was elected in.  His playoffs and SB MVP awards got him in.

Last year Alan Faneca made it in over Boselli.  Faneca started 201 regular season games vs 91 for Boselli.  Boselli was more dominant but based on the same playing duration if I had to choose a player for my franchise I'd go with Faneca starting 12.5 years versus Boselli starting only 5.7 seasons.

Gene (cryptically) said Boselli is in.

(02-09-2022, 12:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Gene (cryptically) said Boselli is in.

Thank God for Covid with regard to the screwed up "Knock on Door" notification method.  Imagine having to go to a hotel year after year prior to the Super Bowl only to be denied entry into the HOF.  Imagine the ride back home and sitting around all pissed off and having to answer all kinds of dumb [BLEEP] questions during Super Bowl weekend.

I'm hoping more than ever that he gets in.  He needs it.  His family needs it.  The city of Jacksonville needs it. America needs it.  My Homeowners Association needs it.  USC Lives Matter needs it.  But most of all, our troops in Ukraine need it.  God Bless Tony.  God Bless our Troops.  God Bless America

(02-09-2022, 01:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 12:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Gene (cryptically) said Boselli is in.

Thank God for Covid with regard to the screwed up "Knock on Door" notification method.  Imagine having to go to a hotel year after year prior to the Super Bowl only to be denied entry into the HOF.  Imagine the ride back home and sitting around all pissed off and having to answer all kinds of dumb [BLEEP] questions during Super Bowl weekend.

I'm hoping more than ever that he gets in.  He needs it.  His family needs it.  The city of Jacksonville needs it. America needs it.  My Homeowners Association needs it.  USC Lives Matter needs it.  But most of all, our troops in Ukraine need it.  God Bless Tony.  God Bless our Troops.  God Bless America

"You're HURRICANE and you approve this message"
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption