Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Rick Spielman Would Bring to the Jaguars

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/what-wou...?ls=pftvod

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 03:51 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

King keeps saying "Chris" Spielman lol

And Florio did the same thing once upon a time lol

Any news?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-07-2022, 03:53 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Any news?

No, but I found it interesting that King drew a parallel between Spielman's approach to drafting and Jimmy Johnson's (trading down frequently to get more bites out of the apple).

There are those of us who have wanted the Jaguars to trade down some in the draft.  I think that is more likely to happen with Spielman.  Just a couple of years agi, the Vikings wound up with some 15 draft picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikingag...elman/amp/

Good breakdown of his draft classes ranked from 10th to 1st overall. Good analysis overall.

Spielman seems to have a knack for finding solid to great players in later rounds, not shy from trading back or up and also pretty balanced as far as landing talent on offense and defense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

A bicyclist horrifically fell to her death after being upended by a draw bridge in West Palm Beach.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/n...f21ad1bbba

Frank Frangie is still convinced that Rick Spielman is going to work for Trent Baalke. He said so this afternoon on the radio.

He didn't offer any evidence or justification for drawing such a conclusion, however.

(02-07-2022, 05:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

A bicyclist horrifically fell to her death after being upended by a draw bridge in West Palm Beach.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/n...f21ad1bbba
.[Image: 9caa74bd077c81c893ceae24d7b7fd5a.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-07-2022, 05:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

[horrible attempt at joke]

we have this neat "delete" feature. Highly recommended in this instance.

(02-08-2022, 09:29 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 05:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [horrible attempt at joke]

Idk, I laughed.

(02-08-2022, 09:29 AM)refMikey Wrote:

I prefer you take advantage of the "ignore" feature.

(02-08-2022, 09:29 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I immediately went to Airplane jokes.
The Khan Years

(02-07-2022, 06:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Frank Frangie is still convinced that Rick Spielman is going to work for Trent Baalke.  He said so this afternoon on the radio.

He didn't offer any evidence or justification for drawing such a conclusion, however.

That would be the biggest disappointment of the year. We all have our hopes up that someone will be brought in to hold Baalke in check and for that not to happen, would be soul crushing.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 03:08 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2022, 02:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 06:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Frank Frangie is still convinced that Rick Spielman is going to work for Trent Baalke.  He said so this afternoon on the radio.

That would be the biggest disappointment of the year. We all have our hopes up that someone will be brought in to hold Baalke in check and for that not to happen, would be soul crushing.

Frangie isn't saying there won't be an EVP over Baalke, so your soul is safe in this case.  There will be an EVP, and he will be over Baalke.   But Frangie thinks Spielman will be the assistant GM, not the EVP.  

Which doesn't make any sense to me at all.  But there it is.

With regards to the Rooney Rule, do you need to interview 2 outside minority candidates even if you’re promoting from within? The only way it would make sense for Spielman to the assistant, is if Baalke is only temporarily staying in the Gm role and they want to get Speilman in now and then promote him.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 02:40 AM by Charlie Sheen. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2022, 03:22 PM)Ordar Wrote: With regards to the Rooney Rule, do you need to interview 2 outside minority candidates even if you’re promoting from within? The only way it would make sense for Spielman to the assistant, is if Baalke is only temporarily staying in the Gm role and they want to get Speilman in now and then promote him.

Yes. The only time that you don't have to interview two outside minority candidates is if the assistant coach has an agreement in the contract guaranteeing him the HC job when it opens or if the assistant coach moving to the HC spot is a minority.

This like the head coach search is also being done thouroghly it appears.

(02-10-2022, 07:53 AM)surfon Wrote: This like the head coach search is also being done thouroghly it appears.

No announcements stuper bowl week. That said this allows the snake to "focus" on the draft and free agency. The owner is letting him do his thing.
The Khan Years

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 09:54 AM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2022, 09:25 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 07:53 AM)surfon Wrote: This like the head coach search is also being done thouroghly it appears.

No announcements stuper bowl week. That said this allows the snake to "focus" on the draft and free agency. The owner is letting him do his thing.

I didn't realize Sonny Plissken worked for the Jags.

(02-10-2022, 09:51 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 09:25 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: No announcements stuper bowl week. That said this allows the snake to "focus" on the draft and free agency. The owner is letting him do his thing.

I didn't realize Sonny Plissken worked for the Jags.

At the end of the movie, the anti-hero destroyed the tape but got to go to LA for all his trouble. So if this snake is sent to LA, I don't even want the draft picks.
The Khan Years