Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Rick Spielman Would Bring to the Jaguars

(02-14-2022, 08:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 08:25 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Shad put it out there that he will be hiring the EVP and Asst GM roles.  ....patience.

I agree.  Shad Khan has made a lot of bad decisions, but I don't recall him breaking promises or intentionally deceiving people.

I wonder if it will happen after the start of free agency and the draft. That would be very Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2022, 08:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 08:25 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Shad put it out there that he will be hiring the EVP and Asst GM roles.  ....patience.

I agree.  Shad Khan has made a lot of bad decisions, but I don't recall him breaking promises or intentionally deceiving people.
He's broken many promises when the team's performance and employees' employment is involved.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(02-15-2022, 04:35 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 08:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree.  Shad Khan has made a lot of bad decisions, but I don't recall him breaking promises or intentionally deceiving people.
He's broken many promises when the team's performance and employees' employment is involved.

Could you be more specific, please?

(02-15-2022, 06:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 04:35 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He's broken many promises when the team's performance and employees' employment is involved.

Could you be more specific, please?
How many times has he written letters stating he wouldn't accept mediocrity anymore and no one got fired?

(02-11-2022, 02:16 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 12:48 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Getting a little antsy, waiting to hear about Spielman or whoever else is added to the front office. I hope they get hired soon enough to impact free agency!

I'm still not too concerned yet, but as I said in a different thread my caution meter is rising a little each day.

Would it really shock anyone if Baalke and Shad gaslit us and said they were going to hire an EVP and asst GM to placate the fans and get their last ditch HC candidate to agree to being hired with no intention of actually doing it, while hoping that over the next weeks and months everyone lets the flames fade away? Wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Caution meter still rising.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1493579129555402752

(02-15-2022, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 02:16 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm still not too concerned yet, but as I said in a different thread my caution meter is rising a little each day.

Would it really shock anyone if Baalke and Shad gaslit us and said they were going to hire an EVP and asst GM to placate the fans and get their last ditch HC candidate to agree to being hired with no intention of actually doing it, while hoping that over the next weeks and months everyone lets the flames fade away? Wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

yep - the longer they delay, the more control Baalke has on free agency for sure.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-15-2022, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 02:16 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm still not too concerned yet, but as I said in a different thread my caution meter is rising a little each day.

Baalke probably convinced shad to promote him to evp

Getting pretty pissed again now.

https://twitter.com/RealMBB/status/1493611989867847680

(02-15-2022, 03:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Getting pretty pissed again now.

https://twitter.com/RealMBB/status/1493611989867847680
Boy this would be less than ideal.

Baalke running the show for all of FA and the draft?!

The longer the process takes to hire an EVP and AGM, the more time baalke will have to put HIS draft board together and handle FA. It’s so frustrating this guy is still part of the organization…He’ll ruin the organization just like what he did in San Francisco. Collaboration id not a skill set he has.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 08:40 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

No matter what, Baalke was slotted to be in charge of player personnel -- FA and draft. It's what he does best. The evp more a big-picture role. Some of your hand-wringing is unfounded.

(02-15-2022, 08:39 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: No matter what, Baalke was slotted to be in charge of player personnel -- FA and draft. It's what he does best. The evp more a big-picture role. Some of your hand-wringing is unfounded.

If that's what he does best, then he is a total failure at his job.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 09:54 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-15-2022, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 08:39 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: No matter what, Baalke was slotted to be in charge of player personnel -- FA and draft. It's what he does best. The evp more a big-picture role. Some of your hand-wringing is unfounded.

If that's what he does best, then he is a total failure at his job.
His last draft wasn't bad at all. Just impatient Jags fans wanting to blame a decade of frustration on one individual.

(02-15-2022, 09:54 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If that's what he does best, then he is a total failure at his job.
His last draft wasn't bad at all. Just impatient Jags fans wanting to blame a decade of frustration on one individual.

I'm curious what makes you an expert on Jags fans when you've been here two months.  You're certainly not an expert on coaches or GMs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-15-2022, 09:56 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:54 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: His last draft wasn't bad at all. Just impatient Jags fans wanting to blame a decade of frustration on one individual.

I'm curious what makes you an expert on Jags fans when you've been here two months.  You're certainly not an expert on coaches or GMs.
As much of an expert as yourself I'd gather.

(02-15-2022, 10:01 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:56 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm curious what makes you an expert on Jags fans when you've been here two months.  You're certainly not an expert on coaches or GMs.
As much of an expert as yourself I'd gather.

Well, since I'm an original season ticket holder and had season tickets for 25 years, until I had to move for work, you'd gather incorrectly dip [BLEEP].

(02-15-2022, 10:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 10:01 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: As much of an expert as yourself I'd gather.

Well, since I'm an original season ticket holder and had season tickets for 25 years, until I had to move for work, you'd gather incorrectly dip [BLEEP].
Oh, you're a super fan! Oh hi, super fan! Glad you could grace us with your presence oh super fan! Must be nice to have such a super fan opinion of yourself!

(02-15-2022, 10:23 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 10:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, since I'm an original season ticket holder and had season tickets for 25 years, until I had to move for work, you'd gather incorrectly dip [BLEEP].
Oh, you're a super fan! Oh hi, super fan! Glad you could grace us with your presence oh super fan! Must be nice to have such a super fan opinion of yourself!

More than I can say for you loser.  Better than kissing up to some half [BLEEP] coach and following him from city to city.

THAT is just [BLEEP] weird.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 10:54 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-15-2022, 10:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 10:23 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Oh, you're a super fan! Oh hi, super fan! Glad you could grace us with your presence oh super fan! Must be nice to have such a super fan opinion of yourself!

More than I can say for you loser.  Better than kissing up to some half [BLEEP] coach and following him from city to city.

Your warped opinion isn't the only one, Super Fan. Quit being an [BLEEP].

(02-15-2022, 10:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 10:23 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Oh, you're a super fan! Oh hi, super fan! Glad you could grace us with your presence oh super fan! Must be nice to have such a super fan opinion of yourself!

Just a word of advice, I’ve already served a ban telling this troll my thoughts.  It’s weird him not being a Jags fan is still able to post, yet those that call his [BLEEP] out get the ban hammer.  But I’m also not sure if a particular mod has it out for me since I’ve only gotten 3 warnings all from the same mod. Who knows.