Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FILED UNDER: Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence ‘really excited’ to move forward with Pederso

So, is Trevor being genuine or something else? I get the feeling Trevor is pretty happy about Pederaon with a big sigh of relief. He needs legitimate receivers that know how to run routes and catch the damn ball…do that, and this kid was will succeed. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2022/2/6/2...h-pederson
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he is being genuine
He had a rough first season thrown into the worst possible situation a rookie qb could ever be in.

I would think he would be have quite a bit of relief for finally getting a coach that can supplement his development .

I hope etienne has a big offseason with no injuries.

Also just a quick ques, if tlaw gets injured, who is our backup?

(02-07-2022, 07:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I think he is being genuine
He had a rough first season  thrown into the worst possible situation a rookie qb could ever be in.

I would think he would be have quite a bit of relief for finally getting a coach that can supplement his development .

As of now it's CJ Beathard.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I think there would be at least 10more players and some alumni showing up if we had actually signed Byron.

Still very upset about that. Rooting for Pederson to succeed. But dang we missed a prime opportunity to get respect back from the players, league, and public had we signed Byron. I think Byron could’ve had a similar tenure to Tomlin.

I think Trevor would been more amped up as opposed to “see what he brings to the table”. Buuut I have faith Pederson will at least get us on the right track as a franchise.

(02-07-2022, 08:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think there would be at least 10more players and some alumni showing up if we had actually signed Byron.

Still very upset about that. Rooting for Pederson to succeed. But dang we missed a prime opportunity to get respect back from the players, league, and public had we signed Byron. I think Byron could’ve had a similar tenure to Tomlin.

I think Trevor would been more amped up as opposed to “see what he brings to the table”. Buuut I have faith Pederson will at least get us on the right track as a franchise.

I also was disappointed that we missed out on Byron, I really wanted him to come back. That said, if we had hired Pederson 4 weeks ago I would have thought he was the best available of the options. It sucks that we kept Baalke who is using us to try and reclaim his rep. Would have loved to see some up and comers who the players like better.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 09:55 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-07-2022, 08:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think there would be at least 10more players and some alumni showing up if we had actually signed Byron.

Okay 3 things. 

Why are we comparing him to Mike Tomlin? Sus.

And what in the world has Byron done as a coach to make you think he was even remotely as qualified for this job as Doug?

Why would we gain respect around the league? Because we signed a black coach or?.. lol

(02-07-2022, 08:33 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

I also was disappointed that we missed out on Byron, I really wanted him to come back. That said, if we had hired Pederson 4 weeks ago I would have thought he was the best available of the options. It sucks that we kept Baalke who is using us to try and reclaim his rep. Would have loved to see some up and comers who the players like better.

Doug Pederson was the #1 free agent if you will of available coaches this off season. Byron was a downgrade at this point in time. Theres no telling what he would have been. But the #1 thing I thought of when his name popped up was this.

Trevors biggest flaw this year was turnovers. Byron in his 2 years without Brady had a turnover heavy offense, and then the epitome of turnovers in Jameis Winston. Don't think he in any way shape or form was a good choice to pair with Trevor in year 2 coming off a piss poor rookie season.

Pederson was a safe choice for us. We need an experienced hand to settle everything down for a few years. This is not going to be easy for anyone to accomplish. We needed someone who already had made a few mistakes and learned from them. I hope he fares well. Could Byron have been successful here? Well yes, possibly. Coming in here the way we are now would have been a real career risk for him. He has been an OC for 5 years with real success 2 of those. If he can continue next year he can write his own ticket and will get his chance.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-07-2022, 09:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Okay 3 things. 

And what in the world has Byron done as a coach to make you think he was even remotely as qualified for this job as Doug?

Why would we gain respect around the league? Because we signed a black coach or?.. lol

I've said the same about Byron, that he reminds me of Tomlin, and it has nothing to do with skin tone. Tomlin is straightforward, take no baloney from anyone, and resolute. He's had some big personalities in his locker room, but has managed to prevent any distraction from the task at hand. He's not some rah-rah cheerleader or gimmicky coordinator who relies on fancy plays or alignments to get his advantage. He's a leader of his team, and that's it. Don't go looking for low-hanging fruit, or trying to bring race into the conversation.

With respect to qualification, besides being on the team that won a SB (here's the thing, both of them have that on their resume!), who among the leagues coaches have talked up Pederson any more or less than Byron? If you pay more attention to the league than just screamin' A or Thannon Tharpe's takemongering, you'd have known that he's an ascending coach held in high regard. The question isn't whether he'll get a job, it's a question of when. It's going to happen, because coaches, reporters and upper management recognize his ability.

Regardless of race, I think everyone can agree that the way we went about resolving our vacancy was subpar. If Pederson was a slam dunk interview, why did we continue to interview so many candidates after him? If Byron wasn't a prime candidate, why didn't the team release any statement to that effect? All indications were that both team and candidate were interested in a deal, but some term was unable to be met. That's ok, but if you're not going to meet the candidate's demands, a simple "thanks, but no thanks" affords him the understanding that he best look elsewhere if he is interested in promoting. If Baalke is in fact as fork-tongued as he's been portrayed, that will impact our ability to bring in assistants, draw in FA, or re-sign our own players that don't want to be part of the chess match.

This isn't a knock on Pederson. Shad botched the whole thing up, and now he and his hires are going to have to clean up the mess.

This was supposed to be a Trevor thread and somehow it ended up being a Leftwich thread... What?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 06:33 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-07-2022, 07:29 PM)Ronster Wrote: So, is Trevor being genuine or something else? I get the feeling Trevor is pretty happy about Pederaon with a big sigh of relief. He needs legitimate receivers that know how to run routes and catch the damn ball…do that, and this kid was will succeed. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2022/2/6/2...h-pederson

I am certain that Trevor is being genuine in his excitement over the Pederson hire.  After last year's disastrously dysfunctional and chaotic circus, how could be not be excited to have an actual respected, experienced, Super Bowl winning NFL head coach?   An actual NFL head coach.

Apologies for diverting from the topic. You asked if TLaw was being genuine.

I absolutely believe he is. He's never shown an unwillingness to work with anyone we've had on staff, no matter how qualified they were or weren't, in his opinion or our own. The dude is class. He's shown tremendous patience and maturity enduring the debacle we put him into last season, and I expect him to do well this season, and that expectation was independent of who we hired to coach him. And I think Trevor is wise enough to know that this is still going to take time, as Doug 2.0 noted in his presser. The development and success that comes with it will not be immediate, but all the expectations we had last season of seeing TLaw grow into his role as the future of the franchise are now ready to be first and foremost goals of the team.

(02-08-2022, 10:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: Apologies for diverting from the topic. You asked if TLaw was being genuine.

I absolutely believe he is. He's never shown an unwillingness to work with anyone we've had on staff, no matter how qualified they were or weren't, in his opinion or our own. The dude is class. He's shown tremendous patience and maturity enduring the debacle we put him into last season, and I expect him to do well this season, and that expectation was independent of who we hired to coach him. And I think Trevor is wise enough to know that this is still going to take time, as Doug 2.0 noted in his presser. The development and success that comes with it will not be immediate, but all the expectations we had last season of seeing TLaw grow into his role as the future of the franchise are now ready to be first and foremost goals of the team.

I agree, after this last season, the kid needs some wins. And hiring Pederson gives him... And now that they are hiring Mike McCoy it will only get better for Trevor...

(02-07-2022, 08:02 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 07:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I think he is being genuine
He had a rough first season  thrown into the worst possible situation a rookie qb could ever be in.

As of now it's CJ Beathard.

Could it be Foles in 2023 if he doesnt retire? Cap hit is too big in 2022.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-08-2022, 05:55 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 08:02 PM)Sibelius Wrote: As of now it's CJ Beathard.

Could it be Foles in 2023 if he doesnt retire?  Cap hit is too big in 2022.

Nate Sudfeld. Book it.

I don't think the kid could be disingenuous if someone paid him. Not convincingly anyway.

(02-08-2022, 09:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 09:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay 3 things. 

I've said the same about Byron, that he reminds me of Tomlin, and it has nothing to do with skin tone. Tomlin is straightforward, take no baloney from anyone, and resolute. He's had some big personalities in his locker room, but has managed to prevent any distraction from the task at hand. He's not some rah-rah cheerleader or gimmicky coordinator who relies on fancy plays or alignments to get his advantage. He's a leader of his team, and that's it. Don't go looking for low-hanging fruit, or trying to bring race into the conversation.

With respect to qualification, besides being on the team that won a SB (here's the thing, both of them have that on their resume!), who among the leagues coaches have talked up Pederson any more or less than Byron? If you pay more attention to the league than just screamin' A or Thannon Tharpe's takemongering, you'd have known that he's an ascending coach held in high regard. The question isn't whether he'll get a job, it's a question of when. It's going to happen, because coaches, reporters and upper management recognize his ability.

Regardless of race, I think everyone can agree that the way we went about resolving our vacancy was subpar. If Pederson was a slam dunk interview, why did we continue to interview so many candidates after him? If Byron wasn't a prime candidate, why didn't the team release any statement to that effect? All indications were that both team and candidate were interested in a deal, but some term was unable to be met. That's ok, but if you're not going to meet the candidate's demands, a simple "thanks, but no thanks" affords him the understanding that he best look elsewhere if he is interested in promoting. If Baalke is in fact as fork-tongued as he's been portrayed, that will impact our ability to bring in assistants, draw in FA, or re-sign our own players that don't want to be part of the chess match.

This isn't a knock on Pederson. Shad botched the whole thing up, and now he and his hires are going to have to clean up the mess.

Byron has been an OC for 4 years, two pittiful years without Brady and 2 good years with the GOAT alongside 3 #1 wrs, Gronk, Fournette etc etc etc. We needed a headcoach whos been there done that. Not a guy learning as we go with a rookie who just had a terrible season.

"Two 'pitiful' years."

LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

5-11 qualifies as pitiful
7-9 is avg/below avg
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-10-2022, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: "Two 'pitiful' years."

LOL

If being 4th in PPG, 1st in Passing yards PG and 3rd in Yards PG with Jameis Winston as your QB is "pitiful", imagine what they must call our Offense over these last 10 years... LOL

Dudes are trying to grasp those Byron hate straws real hard LOL. "Two pitiful years" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL