Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pederson's preference at #1

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 05:42 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

With Doug Pederson now in place as the HC of the Jags, a lot of the focus is on how he'll build his staff and evaluate the roster ahead of free agency. I think that there should be some discussion about who Pederson likes at the top of this draft class and who they're leaning towards taking with the #1 overall pick. Based on 2 pieces of information I think that I know the way the Jaguars are leaning right now: 

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTLdFn8SqA That's a video of a short interview (minute & a half) about Josh Allen and his thoughts on meeting Doug Pederson in person moments prior. If you scroll to the :23 second mark of the video you can clearly see that the TV behind Josh Allen & Doug Pederson's conversation is showing the PAC-12 Title game [the PAC-12 Logo in the middle of the field is a dead giveaway]. This leads me to believe that (within the confines of the rules) they asked Josh Allen his thoughts on having both the top pass rushing prospects (Hutch & Thibs) as his running mate. Considering the tape of the Conference Title game where Thibodeaux was playing is in the background, I believe that's the way they're leaning and I can't imagine that game was on the screen for no reason or purely coincidence. 

2) "Baalke-Harbaugh Misconnection" - given the clear disdain and aversion those two have for each other; which borderlines on outright Hatred. I don't see Baalke drafting Hutchinson. I don't think that Harbaugh would be willing to tell us any insight about the player given that he doesn't want to help Baalke in any way shape or form. And given that Hutch already has a close relationship with Harbaugh, the well could be poisoned so to speak or seeds could be planted about how he should demand a trade, or not entertain the idea of an extension as long as Baalke is at the helm. 

What are your thoughts on what Pederson and the new staff are leaning towards with the #1 overall pick? Does the gametape of Thibodeaux in the background of Pederson's meeting with the Defensive captain and star pass rusher mean anything?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-08-2022, 04:49 PM)Firesky Wrote: With Doug Pederson now in place as the HC of the Jags, a lot of the focus is on how he'll build his staff and evaluate the roster ahead of free agency. I think that there should be some discussion about who Pederson likes at the top of this draft class and who they're leaning towards taking with the #1 overall pick. Based on 2 pieces of information I think that I know the way the Jaguars are leaning right now: 

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTLdFn8SqA That's a video of a short interview (minute & a half) about Josh Allen and his thoughts on meeting Doug Pederson in person moments prior. If you scroll to the :23 second mark of the video you can clearly see that the TV behind Josh Allen & Doug Pederson's conversation is showing the PAC-16 Title game [the PAC-16 Logo in the middle of the field is a dead giveaway]. This leads me to believe that (within the confines of the rules) they asked Josh Allen his thoughts on having both the top pass rushing prospects (Hutch & Thibs) as his running mate. Considering the tape of the Conference Title game where Thibodeaux was playing is in the background, I believe that's the way they're leaning and I can't imagine that game was on the screen for no reason or purely coincidence. 

2) "Baalke-Harbaugh Misconnection" - given the clear disdain and aversion those two have for each other; which borderlines on outright Hatred. I don't see Baalke drafting Hutchinson. I don't think that Harbaugh would be willing to tell us any insight about the player given that he doesn't want to help Baalke in any way shape or form. And given that Hutch already has a close relationship with Harbaugh, the well could be poisoned so to speak or seeds could be planted about how he should demand a trade, or not entertain the idea of an extension as long as Baalke is at the helm. 

What are your thoughts on what Pederson and the new staff are leaning towards with the #1 overall pick? Does the gametape of Thibodeaux in the background of Pederson's meeting with the Defensive captain and star pass rusher mean anything?

There is no PAC-16.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 05:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:49 PM)Firesky Wrote: With Doug Pederson now in place as the HC of the Jags, a lot of the focus is on how he'll build his staff and evaluate the roster ahead of free agency. I think that there should be some discussion about who Pederson likes at the top of this draft class and who they're leaning towards taking with the #1 overall pick. Based on 2 pieces of information I think that I know the way the Jaguars are leaning right now: 

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTLdFn8SqA That's a video of a short interview (minute & a half) about Josh Allen and his thoughts on meeting Doug Pederson in person moments prior. If you scroll to the :23 second mark of the video you can clearly see that the TV behind Josh Allen & Doug Pederson's conversation is showing the PAC-16 Title game [the PAC-16 Logo in the middle of the field is a dead giveaway]. This leads me to believe that (within the confines of the rules) they asked Josh Allen his thoughts on having both the top pass rushing prospects (Hutch & Thibs) as his running mate. Considering the tape of the Conference Title game where Thibodeaux was playing is in the background, I believe that's the way they're leaning and I can't imagine that game was on the screen for no reason or purely coincidence. 

There is no PAC-16.

Just edited to correct those typographical blips. Thanks for Catching that!!
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I'd hate to think Harbaugh was so petty that he wouldn't help one of his players to be the #1 pick, just because he doesn't like Baalke. I could see Baalke being that petty about choosing one of Harbaugh's players - but that's just because I think Baalke is a weasel. LOL
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 05:46 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I'd hate to think Harbaugh was so petty that he wouldn't help one of his players to be the #1 pick, just because he doesn't like Baalke. I could see Baalke being that petty about choosing one of Harbaugh's players - but that's just because I think Baalke is a weasel. LOL

I agree, Harbaugh has always been a player's coach and wanted what's best for them. That said I can see him thinking that sliding to #2 vs. #1 so he can stay in Michigan where he grew up and play in front of friends and family every week may be appealing.

I think it's a two way street and that Baalke especially, but Harbaugh to a degree too are hellbent on sabotaging each other. With that in mind, I think the team just avoids the potential circus and picks Thibodeaux who had been mocked to the 1 spot for 2022 the last 3 years or so. I'd be happy with either player they just have different tools in the box for how to win pass rush reps.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTLdFn8SqA That's a video of a short interview (minute & a half) about Josh Allen and his thoughts on meeting Doug Pederson in person moments prior. If you scroll to the :23 second mark of the video you can clearly see that the TV behind Josh Allen & Doug Pederson's conversation is showing the PAC-12 Title game [the PAC-12 Logo in the middle of the field is a dead giveaway]. This leads me to believe that (within the confines of the rules) they asked Josh Allen his thoughts on having both the top pass rushing prospects (Hutch & Thibs) as his running mate. Considering the tape of the Conference Title game where Thibodeaux was playing is in the background, I believe that's the way they're leaning and I can't imagine that game was on the screen for no reason or purely coincidence. 

I pray to God, that Baalke is not in control of the draft, no matter who we select.

But Baalke will be in charge because as it was stated at the news conference, the evp position will free him up as a talent evaluator for free agency and the draft. He had a pretty good draft last year, so they might be onto something.

(02-08-2022, 07:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I pray to God, that Baalke is not in control of the draft, no matter who we select.

Amen to that. I don't want Baalke choosing what brand of hot dog they sell at the stadium, let alone what players make the team.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 08:14 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: But Baalke will be in charge because as it was stated at the news conference, the evp position will free him up as a talent evaluator for free agency and the draft. He had a pretty good draft last year, so they might be onto something.

There's no way to know how good the draft was because we don't actually know how good the players are.

Trevor was a no-brainer. Etienne was injured. Little showed promise but still needs work. Campbell improved once we moved to a zone heavy scheme. Cisco didn't play until after Meyer was fired and looked alright.

The truth is that we really have no idea what we have. And even if all of these players work out I can't really give Baalke credit because all he did was reach for players with ACL injuries that would have gone earlier than we drafted them if they weren't injured.

Baalke needs to be ductaped in the closet when draft time comes along

Pederson's preference at #1? From watching interviews, Pederson has said he likes to build in the trenches before he adds weapons. That would lead one to believe that, all things being equal, he would take a lineman at #1.

On the other hand, I heard Urban Meyer state over and over that the key to building a great team is to build a great offensive and defensive line. Then his first 3 picks were QB, RB, and CB.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 07:45 AM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-09-2022, 02:27 AM)BCharlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 08:14 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: But Baalke will be in charge because as it was stated at the news conference, the evp position will free him up as a talent evaluator for free agency and the draft. He had a pretty good draft last year, so they might be onto something.

There's no way to know how good the draft was because we don't actually know how good the players are.

Trevor was a no-brainer. Etienne was injured. Little showed promise but still needs work. Campbell improved once we moved to a zone heavy scheme. Cisco didn't play until after Meyer was fired and looked alright.

The truth is that we really have no idea what we have. And even if all of these players work out I can't really give Baalke credit because all he did was reach for players with ACL injuries that would have gone earlier than we drafted them if they weren't injured.

I guess this is true of any draft class a mere 1 year old. Which guys from this class had preexisting injuries.
And I was referring to the press conf where it was stated that Baalke will have more time to devote to free agency and the draft with additional front office help.

All things being equal, Harbaugh should be more interested in having his guy get drafted #1 overall than who is GM of the team with the #1 pick. If he feels like his NFL interview didn't pan out this year, but that he does plan to return to the NFL as soon as next year he may not care so much. But being able to tell potential recruits that you will go to bat for them when the NFL comes calling and be able to show that you've helped produce a #1 pick is a good argument to have ready when talking with potential recruits and their families, so I wouldn't presume that whatever the nature of his relationship with Baalke currently is would have him sell his guy Hutch down the river who very likely very much wants to be picked ahead of Thibodeaux. I think some of you watch Days of our Lives too much with all this presumed drama you think grown men carry around with them.

(02-09-2022, 06:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pederson's preference at #1? From watching interviews, Pederson has said he likes to build in the trenches before he adds weapons. That would lead one to believe that, all things being equal, he would take a lineman at #1.

On the other hand, I heard Urban Meyer state over and over that the key to building a great team is to build a great offensive and defensive line. Then his first 3 picks were QB, RB, and CB.

It's really going to be hard to decipher. Pederson inherited Peters, Kelce, and Johnson so he came into the job with a rock star oline. He only drafted one OL in the 1st and it was Dillard who was a bust.

There is a big difference between building the oline and foregoing BAP to take an oline with the most elite pick in the draft because you believe in building the oline.

I think the people who are saying 'well look at how good the Eagles oline was of course he's taking OT at 1' are very oversimplifying it. Not saying it won't be, but I can't remember the last mock I saw that didn't have one of the big 3 OT #1.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 10:11 AM by Mikey.)

#2 is fireable offense if he is that childishly prejudiced against any school, coach, or player.
Harbaugh would be committing career suicide by not trying to get his players/recruits the status of first overall darft pick. That's a feather in any recruiter's cap when they are trying to convince the five stars to commit to their program. If anything, he should be doing everything in his power to sway our scouts or Baalke in Hutch's direction.

I'm not going to overreact about film study, circumstances, or any of that. For all we know, they had previously spent a day and a half watching UM pants OSU on loop. They might have staged the screen to blow a buncha smoke and misdirect everyone, or they could actually like Thibs.

The question I have is how much input does Pederson have, or think he haves? If he wants a tackle, and we go Edge, is he gonna get miffed? If he wants a tackle, do we draft position over value/need? Does Baalke even ask for his input?

(02-08-2022, 05:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: There is no PAC-16.

...yet. Ninja

(02-09-2022, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: Harbaugh would be committing career suicide by not trying to get his players/recruits the status of first overall darft pick. That's a feather in any recruiter's cap when they are trying to convince the five stars to commit to their program.

I think Michigan does this more than any other school. That's why they are giving Paye and Hutch absurdly inflated 3 cones.

Hopefully we find a decent deal to trade back. The fact we are unsure of who will go number 1 tells you there isn’t really anyone who on paper deserves it (they play the games for a reason). A trade to 5-6 and then get a WR and then a guard in round 2 would work well for me.

(02-09-2022, 11:55 AM)Newton Wrote: Hopefully we find a decent deal to trade back. The fact we are unsure of who will go number 1 tells you there isn’t really anyone who on paper deserves it (they play the games for a reason). A trade to 5-6 and then get a WR and then a guard in round 2 would work well for me.
I would love to trade back to 8 with Atlanta. 

They get #1 and the Jags get Ridley, #8 and the Falcons 2nd rounder. 

Jags draft goes:

1. BAP (Dline or Oline)
2A. Dotson
2B. McBride

Unfortunately, I don't see anyone trading up to #1 for any reason this season.

(02-09-2022, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:55 AM)Newton Wrote: Hopefully we find a decent deal to trade back. The fact we are unsure of who will go number 1 tells you there isn’t really anyone who on paper deserves it (they play the games for a reason). A trade to 5-6 and then get a WR and then a guard in round 2 would work well for me.
I would love to trade back to 8 with Atlanta. 

They get #1 and the Jags get Ridley, #8 and the Falcons 2nd rounder. 

Jags draft goes:

1. BAP (Dline or Oline)
2A. Dotson
2B. McBride

Unfortunately, I don't see anyone trading up to #1 for any reason this season.

That would work for me!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 12:23 PM by Caldrac.)

Waiting on free agency next month in order to determine what they might do in the draft in April to be honest.

The biggest tell will be how they approach the LT position with Cam Robinson due to hit the market. If he's tagged. I think they're content with him, Little and Taylor working things out this summer at LT/RT.

If they let Robinson walk and sign a different tackle. Whether it's a LT like Armstead or RT like Moses or Reiff. I don't think Neal is a priority as much. You have an upgrade at the tackle position with the belief that Little is your starting LT or is pushing Taylor at RT in this scenario cited above.

Here's the other thing. Neal is not even the top tackle unanimously across the scouting community. Ekwonu is getting consideration for that title in this year's class. Could be tough justifying Neal's selection there. Again, he's not a Boselli/Munoz/Ogden prospect.

I know a lot of us want to see a trade down. I think it's not in our favor this year. It's not entirely impossible but it seems highly unlikely anyone wants to come up. I would say our odds would go up if Rick Spielman were hired though just given his history.

I like the idea of trading down with Atlanta, Washington or Philadelphia. Just comes down to the combine and interviews. Atlanta may need to consider life after Ryan here soon. Washington seems to need a QB. Philadelphia has a lot of options and could use a pass rusher.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."