Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pederson's preference at #1

We really need to pray this Pickett/Panthers love is real, and that they get scared enough that someone is going to jump them that they feel they need to trade up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 01:03 PM by Newton.)

Kind of a Rams Goff situation

Aiden Hutchinson was just on pat Mac show, hard not to like his personality said he’s going to do everything at the combine so I guess we’ll see how he does, saw a lot of people questioning his 3 cone time. So good to know he’s not scared of anything and happy to compete

(02-09-2022, 01:48 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Aiden Hutchinson was just on pat Mac show, hard not to like his personality said he’s going to do everything at the combine so I guess we’ll see how he does, saw a lot of people questioning his 3 cone time. So good to know he’s not scared of anything and happy to compete
He has a non stop motor. A lot of Jared Allen like qualities to his tenacity. I think a lot of what he does on film will show up and match up equally as well at the combine.

Really interested to see what Thibodeaux, Ojabo, Ebikete, Bonitto and Johnson [FSU] due at the combine as well.

This is an interesting class this year at DE.
I find it actually a little bit more deeper than expected. Could likely land a pretty damn good pass rusher in RD2.

Again, keep circling back to free agency though. If they let Robinson walk and don't address the position are we for sure convinced Little and Taylor can get it done in 2022?

If not? Neal and Okwonu have to be in the discussion if a trade is not on the table.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we picked Hutchinson, perhaps he could bond with Chaisson and talk about how both got dominated by Georgia. I never thought anyone could be as ineffective vs the Dawgs then Chaisson (which is well documented on youtube play by play analysis) but then came Hutchinson. Hopefully, we learned our lesson.

Somehow it feels like we will end up doing something completely different than the common scenarios.

(02-09-2022, 07:36 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 02:27 AM)BCharlie Sheen Wrote: There's no way to know how good the draft was because we don't actually know how good the players are.

Trevor was a no-brainer. Etienne was injured. Little showed promise but still needs work. Campbell improved once we moved to a zone heavy scheme. Cisco didn't play until after Meyer was fired and looked alright.

The truth is that we really have no idea what we have. And even if all of these players work out I can't really give Baalke credit because all he did was reach for players with ACL injuries that would have gone earlier than we drafted them if they weren't injured.

I guess this is true of any draft class a mere 1 year old. Which guys from this class had preexisting injuries.
And I was referring to the press conf where it was stated that Baalke will have more time to devote to free agency and the draft with additional front office help.

Little, Cisco, and Campbell all had ACL injuries. 

If we have an EVP then I would imagine that they are doing the drafting and that Baalke is just acting as an expensive scout.

(02-09-2022, 04:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 07:36 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I guess this is true of any draft class a mere 1 year old. Which guys from this class had preexisting injuries.
And I was referring to the press conf where it was stated that Baalke will have more time to devote to free agency and the draft with additional front office help.

Little, Cisco, and Campbell all had ACL injuries. 

If we have an EVP then I would imagine that they are doing the drafting and that Baalke is just acting as an expensive scout.
I guess we'll know in a month, but it could be just as likely that Baalke takes on a greater role in roster development and the evp has a broader range of team administrative parameters.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 05:00 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-09-2022, 03:43 PM)Newton Wrote: Somehow it feels like we will end up doing something completely different than the common scenarios.
Agreed. It's really early still in the overall process. Free agency has to take place. The combine, pro day's and individual interviews, etc.

The hope is a trade comes up. Hopefully with Atlanta, Washington or Philadelphia.

Carolina at six is not interesting enough to me with the talks of Pickett being liked or linked to them. However, you're not getting much in return if a deal is struck.

The question is whether or not Lovie Smith and Nick Caserio feel confident with David Mills at the QB position to begin with. As that's really the only team maybe interested in a QB there.

Also, I find it hard trying to convince myself that Carolina would be willing to jump up five spots while giving up probably valuable selections in 2023. They don't have a 2nd nor a 3rd RD selection in this year's draft. Why would Baalke or potentially Spielman fork over 1 for 6 and no additional picks of real value to add immediate impact?

Makes no sense on paper.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-09-2022, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 03:43 PM)Newton Wrote: Somehow it feels like we will end up doing something completely different than the common scenarios.
Agreed. It's really early still in the overall process. Free agency has to take place. The combine, pro day's and individual interviews, etc.

The hope is a trade comes up. Hopefully with Atlanta, Washington or Philadelphia.

Carolina at six is not interesting enough to me with the talks of Pickett being liked or linked to them. However, you're not getting much in return if a deal is struck.

The question is whether or not Lovie Smith and Nick Caserio feel confident with David Mills at the QB position to begin with. As that's really the only team maybe interested in a QB there.

Also, I find it hard trying to convince myself that Carolina would be willing to jump up five spots while giving up probably valuable selections in 2023. They don't have a 2nd nor a 3rd RD selection in this year's draft. Why would Baalke or potentially Spielman fork over 1 for 6 and no additional picks of real value to add immediate impact?

Makes no sense on paper.

1 for #6, Terrance Marshall Jr, Next years 1st and 2nd rounder.

(02-09-2022, 05:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. It's really early still in the overall process. Free agency has to take place. The combine, pro day's and individual interviews, etc.

Makes no sense on paper.

1 for #6, Terrance Marshall Jr, Next years 1st and 2nd rounder.
Why would they give up a future 1st and 2nd RD pick + the receiver they just drafted in the 2nd RD of last year? If the goal is to draft a QB. You wouldn't want to take anything else away from them on offense.

They don't have another pick until the 99th selection in this year's draft. That team also has a lot of work to do in the trenches on offense. They're not a QB or a player or two away from a Superbowl run.

I think they sit tight and try to rebuild this team up a bit in the near future.

(02-09-2022, 03:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: If we picked Hutchinson, perhaps he could bond with Chaisson and talk about how both got dominated by Georgia.  I never thought anyone could be as ineffective vs the Dawgs then Chaisson (which is well documented on youtube play by play analysis) but then came Hutchinson.    Hopefully, we learned our lesson.

Georgia schemed their entire offense to go away from Hutchinson besides a handful of plays where he was double teamed. 

The guy who was more of a concern for me from that game is ojabo who was invisible even though they put so much focus on hutch

(02-09-2022, 04:30 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Little, Cisco, and Campbell all had ACL injuries. 

I guess we'll know in a month, but it could be just as likely that Baalke takes on a greater role in roster development and the evp has a broader range of team administrative parameters.

I have a hard time believing that Khan would do that. Spielman is a much, much better drafter than Baalke has ever been and that's pretty evident.

(02-09-2022, 07:07 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:30 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I guess we'll know in a month, but it could be just as likely that Baalke takes on a greater role in roster development and the evp has a broader range of team administrative parameters.

I have a hard time believing that Khan would do that. Spielman is a much, much better drafter than Baalke has ever been and that's pretty evident.
Spielman's sample size is quite a bit larger. It's just what was mentioned at the presser.

(02-09-2022, 07:07 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:30 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I guess we'll know in a month, but it could be just as likely that Baalke takes on a greater role in roster development and the evp has a broader range of team administrative parameters.

I don't think it will be one guy making the choices with the draft picks.   I think it'll be a group effort- Baalke, Pederson, and the EVP.  They will try to reach agreement on the picks.

(02-09-2022, 07:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 07:07 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I have a hard time believing that Khan would do that. Spielman is a much, much better drafter than Baalke has ever been and that's pretty evident.

I don't think it will be one guy making the choices with the draft picks.   I think it'll be a group effort- Baalke, Pederson, and the EVP.  They will try to reach agreement on the picks.

You are correct. As it should be.