Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars hiring former Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter as passing game coordinator.

Besides having an epic hillbilly name that fits the south, I have no idea what a passing game coordinator is.  Between QB coaches, Wr coaches, Rb, coaches, Passing game cooridnators, tight end coaches, offensive line coaches, offensive coordinator, it's like how many chiefs are coaching these guys?   People seem to believe this is a good hire. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1491...de%3Dfalse
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 10:45 PM by Newton.)

I have to say, that is one passing game coordinator I won’t soon forget!

I remember Terry Bradshaw cracking up saying his name on FOX. He was in Detroit with Caldwell. When they were winning games consistently in a post Megatron era.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 11:24 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-09-2022, 10:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Besides having an epic hillbilly name that fits the south, I have no idea what a passing game coordinator is.  Between QB coaches, Wr coaches, Rb, coaches, Passing game cooridnators, tight end coaches, offensive line coaches, offensive coordinator, it's like how many chiefs are coaching these guys?   People seem to believe this is a good hire. 

Here’s my John Madden take: The idea is to get as many creative minds as Shad is willing to pay designing game plans for Pederson to call.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This definitely needed it's own thread instead of just going in the thread about Pedersons staff

because DougP will be calling the plays and basically be the OC we may only have Passing game Cooridnator and Running game Coordinator. in his last year in phylly that is how it was

I love this hire.

Think he's a good coach. But, dude. If it's me, I'm doing a legal name change to my Mom's maiden name or something...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(02-09-2022, 11:21 PM)Kane Wrote: This definitely needed it's own thread instead of just going in the thread about Pedersons staff

He has half of the people on this board blocked so he probably didn't see the thread.

(02-10-2022, 12:24 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:21 PM)Kane Wrote: This definitely needed it's own thread instead of just going in the thread about Pedersons staff

He has half of the people on this board blocked so he probably didn't see the thread.

Yup and Cleatwood is definitely one of them. It's a 6 page thread and he hasn't posted in it once, so it's obvious he can't see it LOL. That loser thinks he's breaking something that was posted in the staff thread 8 hours ago.  Laughing

Time to merge this thread into it mods  Banana

Will make for an interesting introduction. Pull back the curtain and unveil Cooter.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

How many more coaching & staff threads do we need lol

Prehaps i should do one on our new janitor hire

Some people don't want to read through multiple pages to find information. Y'all people on this board really are so annoying with that "WHY U MAKE THREAD" nonsense. This forum is barely alive, new threads isn't hurting anyone.

(02-10-2022, 03:37 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: How many more coaching & staff threads do we need lol

Should be one per hire. Who the hell is going back to the first thread and re-reading it through to find each hire?

(02-10-2022, 05:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Some people don't want to read through multiple pages to find information. Y'all people on this board really are so annoying with that "WHY U MAKE THREAD" nonsense. This forum is barely alive, new threads isn't hurting anyone.

Good point. Let’s not get all uppity about threads in this hibiddy jibiddy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I know nothing about him but i love the name!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 09:07 AM by Mikey.)

(02-09-2022, 10:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Besides having an epic hillbilly name that fits the south, I have no idea what a passing game coordinator is.  Between QB coaches, Wr coaches, Rb, coaches, Passing game cooridnators, tight end coaches, offensive line coaches, offensive coordinator, it's like how many chiefs are coaching these guys?   People seem to believe this is a good hire. 

Admitting ignorance is the first step to recovery. The googles are your friend, on both counts.

That's it, you're blocked too.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 09:17 AM by Mikey.)

(02-10-2022, 03:37 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: How many more coaching & staff threads do we need lol

I'm sure someone will find fault with the hire.

(02-10-2022, 05:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

The issue isn't "why u new thread", it's "this s4 is old news, the folks keeping this board alive already done noted this info and made the same lame [BLEEP] jokes"

but please, take offense.

(02-10-2022, 06:01 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Should be one per hire. Who the hell is going back to the first thread and re-reading it through to find each hire?

you know that you can click the arrow next to a thread title to start at the first unread post, right?

We hired Cooter. I wonder if big 'ol new line coach Phil Rauscher would change his nickname to Boss Hog and we are all set.

Lol

This thread will likely get merged anyway so JaguarLVP can see his posts there.