Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars hiring former Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter as passing game coordinator.

(02-10-2022, 09:22 AM)ATLjag Wrote: We hired Cooter.  I wonder if big 'ol new line coach Phil Rauscher would change his nickname to Boss Hog and we are all set.

It's too bad Jim Bob doesn't come across like a Jim Bob, ala Freddie Kitchens. He's quieter and more like a John Boy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is this the guy that got naked and hit the Wendy's drive thru? Hire this man!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-10-2022, 11:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Is this the guy that got naked and hit the Wendy's drive thru?  Hire this man!

no that was another coach we had few years ago

Notice in this thread the major complainers are the major jerks on this forum that rarely have anything to add but to insult other users.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 12:31 PM by The Eleventh Doctor. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2022, 12:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Think he's a good coach.  But, dude.  If it's me, I'm doing a legal name change to my Mom's maiden name or something...

You mean his mom, Jennifer Crapper?
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 12:42 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2022, 11:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Is this the guy that got naked and hit the Wendy's drive thru?  Hire this man!

Actually, that was Joe Cullen.

Never understood grown ups randomly taking off their clothes when they get hammered.  I never did it in my life but I could semi understand if you're 21 year old in college partying with a bunch of coeds or something.

(02-10-2022, 12:24 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 12:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Think he's a good coach.  But, dude.  If it's me, I'm doing a legal name change to my Mom's maiden name or something...

You mean his mom, Jennifer Crapper?

I thought it was Susie Rottenbush.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-10-2022, 12:00 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: because DougP will be calling the plays and basically be the OC we may only have Passing game Cooridnator and Running game Coordinator. in his last year in phylly that is how it was

That was my take as well. The Mayberry-style name notwithstanding, he is apparently one heckuva coach from everything I've been reading and hearing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-10-2022, 11:59 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Notice in this thread the major complainers are the major jerks on this forum that rarely have anything to add but to insult other users.

Irony at its finest.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

its a bit quiet today on the hiring front, maybe they are delaying any news so to not take away from the best news of the day later with Hof announcement Smile

(02-10-2022, 11:59 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Notice in this thread the major complainers are the major jerks on this forum that rarely have anything to add but to insult other users.

So, you essentially stated that this thread is like all of the other threads.  Very observant.

(02-10-2022, 12:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Never understood grown ups randomly taking off their clothes when they get hammered.  I never did it in my life but I could semi understand if you're 21 year old in college partying with a bunch of coeds or something.

Cullen told the story that he woke up at home still hammered and ran out to get Wendy's.  Only then did he wake up enough to realize he hadn't gotten dressed before running out...  Ouch!

(02-09-2022, 11:21 PM)Kane Wrote: This definitely needed it's own thread instead of just going in the thread about Pedersons staff

But that epic name deserves its own thread.

(02-10-2022, 01:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Irony at its finest.

Beat me to it.

(02-10-2022, 12:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Actually, that was Joe Cullen.

That experience prepared him for being a defensive coordinator. No one can accuse him of not being bold and thinking outside the box.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 05:16 PM by Mikey.)

uh, that was Cullen.

...says the guy calling them major jerks.

what else do you want everyone to say, should they copy and paste their comments from the other thread here, so you can not see the same comment twice?

Sounds like name discrimination to me. lol
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Besides telling us you have no clue what a passing game coordinator is lololol, what exactly have you added to this thread/discussion besides re-posting something that was already posted about 8 hours prior? Huh??

(02-10-2022, 01:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 12:00 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: because DougP will be calling the plays and basically be the OC we may only have Passing game Cooridnator and Running game Coordinator. in his last year in phylly that is how it was

That was my take as well. The Mayberry-style name notwithstanding, he is apparently one heckuva coach from everything I've been reading and hearing.

He's been hearing it all his life, so I wouldn't want to tease him about it. I'm not sure Dick Butkus would've been the ferocious linebacker he was had he grown up as Tom Smith.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt